Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jamisskat

Goldie Died And He Lookes Horriable!

:cry1 well my goldie died today and he look so bad, i checked my water and it was perfect 0 everything. its a 55 gallon tank been cycled now for 5 months and gets water changes every sunday. when i first noticed something was wrong he kinda looked skinny and his eyes where sucken in. he did alot of just hanging around the top of the tank gasping also. i have 2 penguin filters w/ bio wheels air stones and 5 goldies. what couldve been the problem? edit.. his tail was keep low not up. Edited by jewels

So sorry to hear about your fish :-( While I'm obviously not one of the resident experts, hopefully someone can help you out to ensure your other fish are okay...

Are you sure your water was 0 everything? Ammonia, Nitrite, AND Nitrate? That does put off a red flag, as assuming your tank is cycled, Nitrates should never be 0. Are these fantails? Comets?

Edited by Stupidfly

yes i took it to the pet store and they said everything was perfect. my other fish are acting just fine though he was acting like this for a few days before he passed today.

I am so sorry to hear about your fishie. How big was the tank you had him and the other 5 goldies in?

I am so sorry to hear about your fishie. How big was the tank you had him and the other 5 goldies in?

he was in a 55 gallon tank.

Hrmm...10 gallons per fancy goldie, and 20 per comet, isn't it?

Sorry to hear about your fish, Jewels :(

You may want to post the stuff from the white box at the top - maybe your other fish have the same problem as the one that died? You want to catch that nasty stuff as soon as possible!! Any others showing symptoms?

I noticed you said you took your water to the pet store - do you not have a testing kit? If not, I highly recommend purchasing one - water quality can go downhill so fast it'll make your head spin! You'll definitely need to keep a close eye on your params if you end up medicating for anything, too, as it can bump your cycle.

I'm not sure what was wrong with your fish, but I know that wasting away can be a sign of flukes. Did your fish have any other symptoms? Excess slime coat, clamped fins, isolating itself? Any flashing or scratching? That is my thought, but you should wait to hear from someone with more experience.

Keep a close eye on your other babies and keep us posted!

i tested my water again and according to color chart everything is great:) the other guys are doing fine and no signs of flukes or anything that seems strange. ive had the fish for about 2 yrs though maybe he just had a illness that he couldnt get rid of?

Edited by jewels

Had he stopped eating? Hollow belly?

Any new fish recently?

Internal bateria can cause the symptoms and the fish starves to death.

Did he have any sores or curving of the back?

So sorry to hear about your fishy, I hope the others stay nice and healthy