Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Britanix

What Can Go With Bubble Eyes?

Guest angelsun

The absolute safest choice would be other bubble eyes.

Otherwise, it's going to depend upon the tank size and the temperament of the other fish. Celestials would probably be the second safest choice. Other egg bodied goldfish **may** work out. Bubblies are a little delicate.

bubbles.jpg

Celestials, telescopes, other fish that are vision impaired.

You would need to give us a clue to what size tank the fish would be going in to. Until we know that then we cant recommend anything, and do you have a quarantine tank to house the fish first?

and do you have a quarantine tank to house the fish first?

:goodpost

I so love it when I see QT recommended :nana

I have never had a bubble eye but what I have read up on them is they very delicate.

For sure another bubble

I think a moor or telescope would be ok till they very large, then you got to watch them. My moor is a vacume!!!

a perlie may be ok they are placid (in my experience) and slow swimers, but I think a ranchu or lionhead would be to robust and an oranda...nope, to big, to fast when older.

The other thing you need to check is ornaments, nothing sharp that may pop the bubble.

let us know how you go :)

Guest TheLordsServant

Definitely other fish that are vision impaired, otherwise they won't be able to compete for food. And a slow swimmer would be a good idea, that way the bubble-eye won't be stressed.

yes another vision impared fish or a fish that is a slow swimmer so the can get food evenly :exactly

yes another vision impared fish or a fish that is a slow swimmer so the can get food evenly :exactly

that is weird :whatjust: