Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishfan10

A New Breeder Form Egypt

Guest fishfan10

hey guys i love that site it is the best

anyway i have 3 females and 2 males in a 120 gallon tank and i love them too much the problem that they have really gone nuts chasing each other i worried but then i have learnt that they are breeding what i really hate that they are doing that 1 month ago and still on that with no eggs

what can i do to induce the spawning process and see some eggs .............

shall i raise the temp ( its about 70 F now )

or shall i wait ( by the way i'm doing a frquient water changes everyday about 30 % as i read )

thaks guys ur the BEST

can you provide other details about your tank setup? (does it have substrate/barebottom, type of filtration, what food you're feeding, etc.)

if the tank is barebottom, the most basic assumption is that the fish themselves ate up whatever eggs they may have previously spawned and you just didn't notice it (goldfish spawn early in the morning). if it isn't, probably something in their environment and your care regiment is not properly triggering them to spawn.

There are some ways you can trigger breeding to happen. Sometimes you just have to wait for a storm and shortly after a storm it is wise to check your tank for eggs. And also there is a method that you can put it at a certain temp for a period of time and then raise the temp above the 70 degree mark and feed your fish a lot of food until they get really round with eggs and then you put the female with the male and the male should start chasing around the Female fish until she lays eggs. But as Man Yu said they could have already spawned but the Parents ate the eggs up before you saw it. :cry1 but it may be your tank setup that is not making them spawn.

Exactly as Wasabi says extra feeding (that also means extra cleaning) for a week or so may bring out the eggs. Also stormy or rainy dark days. If the fish don't have enough space the females will not spawn too.

Your temperature and tank cleaning regime sound good though. Give it some time.

Guest fishfan10

yes guys i think u r right they might ate the eggs but if so... are they going to spawn again and when and by the way i my tank is setuped with nothing special so what can i do to prevent them eating thier eggs ...

i have a small tank that i doubt that it will be enough to breed in it is 40cm x 18cm x 25cm

when they will spawn again i have 3 females with 2 males all are the same tayeb FANTAIL ?

Guest fishfan10

by the way i'm feeding heavily live food with small amount of flakes

and my females are becoming very Fatty

Guest fishfan10

guys if my country doesn't get any storms or what so ever and rains are rearly what else can i do

and if i want to pm Wasabi or Trinket "cause u guys seem to know what u r saying" what can i do ? :)

Hey fishfan! I think to be perfectly honest here your fish will not spawn in that size space. Sorry. You need to get them into something a lot bigger. That's what's going on here, or not going on...

You can PM us after 200 posts. Before that just ask away here :)

Guest fishfan10

hey man still the question .....

are they going to spawn again soon ?? and when that will be from the first spawn ??

by the way in 2 days i will get a huge tank a very huge one

Guest fishfan10

hey Trinket sorry i just noticed that u are a she :) sorry anyway

thanks alot

Don't be sorry I'm a she- I'm not :D

Yep, if you move them to a huge tank with the filter and filter media from the old tank and as much decoration from the old tank to kickstart a new cycle, chances are eggs wil follow. Often a gravid female will release eggs in a new set up anyway.

Releasing of eggs happend with my fish in a similar situation every few days after the first time for about 3 times.

Edited by Trinket

Hey Trinket sorry to ask but what is PM mean sorry I'm dreadful at getting shortened words eg. R u Ok

And also I heard of a method of hand spawning but I think I'll leave that to the pro's who know what they are doing because there is some risk you could hurt your fish.

Hey also Fish Fan how is everything going now? How are your fish coping with the new tank?

Edited by Wasabi

Hi Wasabi :) PM is a personal message to other members that you get the privelage of writing and receiving when you hit 200 posts..think its 200 posts.

Fish eggs do appear very early morning and fishfan may be missing them before they get eaten.

How're your fish doing Fishfan?

How're your fish doing Fishfan?

I haven't seen him on the site for a while!