Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reef Man

So What Do You See When The Lights Are Out In The Ocean

Here are a few clips of my night dive in about 45 ft. of water off Kona!!!

th_P3250011.jpg

th_P3250012.jpg

th_P3250017.jpg

th_P3250009.jpg

Thanks for sharing.. very kool clips...

Wow thats wild! Id be freaked out! :D:rofl

Guest myfourgoldies

Way cool!!! I would love to be able to do that some day.

:) OK, I think I had a touch of Panic watching the video clips, but they are great as always.

It is a bit different at night!!!!

It is a bit different at night!!!!

I think thats the part that freaked me out! :rofl

Ok... so here is what it looks like during sun light hours....

Remember I am deep...so everything is going to look a bit blue....that is because the blue light spectrum is the only one that goes that deep...the reds and yellows don't get this deep....

th_P3260190.jpg

th_P3270207.jpg

th_P3270064.jpg

Ron your Pictures and Vidios are always amazing . :heart I love looking at them i sea the ocean through your eyes I am unable to do things like that so keep them comming. :)

I am glad you enjoy them.... I don't want to bore anyone with my "Home Vids!!!"....but I really enjoy them!!!

Your vids are amazing! I am so envious. We tried diving last week and I just couldn't get it. I just wasn't comfortable at all with it. I felt like I couldn't breathe underwater and kept panicking and getting mouthfuls of seawater. :ill How long have you been diving? Were you always comfortable with it and did it come naturally to you?

Also, I am assuming when you do a night dive that there are others with you? That just seems so scary to me. I was freaked out enough just during the day, and I could see everything around me!

Amazing difference at night. thanks so much for sharing your adventures. love to watch them from the warm comfort of home :D

Your vids are amazing! I am so envious. We tried diving last week and I just couldn't get it. I just wasn't comfortable at all with it. I felt like I couldn't breathe underwater and kept panicking and getting mouthfuls of seawater. :ill How long have you been diving? Were you always comfortable with it and did it come naturally to you?

Also, I am assuming when you do a night dive that there are others with you? That just seems so scary to me. I was freaked out enough just during the day, and I could see everything around me!

I think the best way to get in to scuba is a Local Dive Shop instructor...they can take you through the course and you start by going to a confined pool dive...and they use good gear!!! If you were having trouble breathing it was probably the equipment....It should be very effortless to breath from a good regulator... Take your time and get a good instructor and you should do fine....

I have been diving for years....and after I was trained it was great...But the first pool dive was a little nerve racking...but once you get past that it is all good!!!

Don't give up on it...it will be worth it if you can get through the first bit of training!!!!

Your pics & videos are FANTASTIC!!

I get how diving during the day would be inviting (I don't dive) but at night GEESH THAT WOULD creep me out!!

For one thing.....I WANNA SEE WHAT HUNGRY THINGS ARE AROUND ME!! :krazy:

I dought anyone could tire of the beautiful videos you provide! Us scaredy cats can see thru your camera what we will PROBABLY never see in real life!! :exactly

I was watching the videos again (I visit now & then to "go for a dive".........but I think I heard the theme from JAWS faintly playing somewhere!!!!! :peeka

How funny!!! It is a blast diving.... and it isn't near as dangerous as driving a car!!! ;)

cool

awesome, but I must agree with the others, I'll wait for your movies. I wouldn't see a thing since I would pass out from fear!

this is soo awsome to watch. its too bad i cant do somthing like that here. i mean, i probably could, but all i would be able to look at is mucky dirt around here

:-o i think i would have to do ALOT of day time diving before going out at night. are u not afraid of toutching somthing that would hurt you?