Sign in to follow this  
Devs

"nigel And Owl"

25 posts in this topic

The pics aren't the best because they're in the Q-tank.I couldn't pass these guys up as when I spotted them,the whole tank had Ich,and everyone looked so miserable.

Anyway,the bigger one is called Nigel,the littler one Owl. :idont

As it turns out,little Owl is bullying the bigger one,so they may have to be divided in the tank. :rolleyes:

DSCF9731.jpg

DSCF9732.jpg

DSCF9733.jpg

Nigel on the right,Owl on the left. :D

DSCF9730.jpg

What cuties Devs! I'm living vicariously until I can have a celestial tank! I can't decide who's cuter though. I can see why you couldn't pass these two up. :heart Hope they are out of QT soon.

Congratulations Devs!! Those are gorgeous! :heart All the very best with them. How about fostering some more icky celestials from the same store?! :yeah:

:heart They are so cute. There is something about so angelic looking about Celestials. Your are really nice and I can see why you got them. I guess we can take "Angelic" from Owl's description. :rofl

aww Devs what a gorgeous pair of celestials :heart watch out am coming fishnapping :D

They are so cute... Congrats Sharon...

:heart look at those eyes their so flipping cute! they are cuties for sure. :exactly

Thanks everyone.I was desperately trying to hold out for a black celestial and a Black Bubble eye,but I couldn't stand it. :rofl

These two actually were the best in the tank as so many others had severe ich/fin rot,and kinks in their backs.With those eyes,they just looked so pitiful.If there wouldn't have been about 30 celestial and orange bubbleyes, yes,I probably would have brought them all home.

As for names, I really was trying to come up with some "celestial" names,but they were not fitting these guys.

I always think "proper" when I see them and Nigel is a very proper name. :D (He was almost named Dobbie after Harry Potter's elf,so I guess I'll have to buy one more :rolleyes: ) Owl,I don't know....Every time he looked at me,he reminded me of an Owl.Owl's are known to be magical/mystical,so that's the name I stuck with :rofl

They look great! :D I think Owl is a perfect name too. :D

Well if you're going with the Harry Potter theme, you could always call Owl Errol, after Ron Weasley's first owl.

Sharon! How cute, love the celestials! nice looking little guys too. :D:heart

Wow! :) Great celestials. So cute. :exactly

One look at those little faces and there's no question why they came home with you.....simply adorable!

very cute! i've grown to really like celestials! congrats on the new additions :)

Celestials crack me up!! Those Eyes!! Looks like you got a good pair. we will want lots of close ups on those two!! :happydance

I always think of celestials as Percys these days ( can't think why..) Your new guys actually look very well considering they came from a sick tank. Nice full bodies and adoreable expressions :heart . Congratulations to you and to them because they are lucky fish going home with you :)

Wow! ;)

They are so cute :heart:heart

I always think of celestials as Percys these days ( can't think why..) Your new guys actually look very well considering they came from a sick tank. Nice full bodies and adoreable expressions :heart . Congratulations to you and to them because they are lucky fish going home with you :)

:rolleyes: I really wanted to steal borrow that name from Jen.The thing was though that neither Nigel or Owl had that beautiful pearly white smile that I see would have to go wih the name! :o:rofl

I suspect Percy's been in for surgery - that smile just looks too fake to me! :D

Sharon - they're so pretty and I can't believe the owl terrorises the nigel, that's a change for the books! :D I remember when my other celestial Maddy (rip) used to chase all her tankmates aroiund - she was ruthless!! She was always hilarious because the others used to just swim to the side and she'd lose them - especially as she only had one working eye :D

So no more ich?

:D Oh,Nigel's okay if he doen't go any where near Owl's side of the tank. :rofl

Anyway,after doing a couple treatments of Cure-Ich,lots of water changes & vac's and feeding Medi-Gold,they seem to have perked up quite a bit.Every time I look,they're hovering right near the chair I sit at when I'm on the computer! :rofl

Oh, Devs they are adorable! I love celestials, and you named them perfectly. However, I do think you need a Dobby, he would be very honored ma'am to live in the great house of Devs if only you agree to pay him and let him have holidays :rofl

Why Thankyuo for understanding . :rofl All his holidays would be free since I seem to work all of mine. :thud Dobby and Perry may be the names of the next two. :rofl

Guest Halloween

I've noticed that in many of my area pet stores, Bubble Eyes and Celestials are put in "crappier" tanks than the other goldfish and my only thought is because people generally don't think they are as cute. So they get somewhat mistreated. I mean, all fish are mistreated in big chain pet stores but these fish especially. It's sad! They are just as deserving of love as any other goldfish!!!!

They're really sweet.