Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Martin Isnt Doing Well

Martin has been put back into the 75 gallon but he is still bottom sitting. Now his tail is all frayed at the ends. Still eats but just isnt himself. Dorsal held high but he looks sad. Im thinking about putting him to sleep. I think Ive exhausted all of my ideas and it doesnt seem that he is getting any better. :cry1

Erin sorry to here that martin isn't much better. its a hard decission to make my thoughts are with you and martin.

Thanks Shawna. :heart I ordered some clove oil just to have in case. I dont know if I am able to do it though. :(

Martin is the sweetest little thing, I hope you don't have to use the clove oil. It would kill me too...Hang in there Erin. :(

Thanks Kat! :heart I really hope not too. I guess as long as he is still eating Ill wait.

Hope you dont have to put him to sleep Erin :hug

:( I feel for you as I went through this with two of my fish recently and its a hard choice to make. It is so hard when you have tried everything and still nothing helps. I know once it comes to you, you will make the right decision and we will be here for support. And big Hugs!

Good Luck to both you and Martin. :heart

Well he has popeye again. Im deciding whether to try to medicate him or put him to sleep. Any suggestions?

Well he has popeye again. Im deciding whether to try to medicate him or put him to sleep. Any suggestions?

One last round of M2 maybe? :( God don't ask me I'm such a sucker. I had one recently I really thought I was going to loose and after a month of medigold, maracyn 2 and salt he was finally well enough to go back into the big tank today.

I'm so sorry to hear he's still doing poorly. He's such a cutie. :(

Edited by Katalyst

:) Thanks Kat. I thought about another round of meds. Believe me, I dont want to put him to sleep. I just think his condition is so bad and I dont know if anything I can do will help anymore. He ate Medigold for over a month, I just recently started to feed him the food everyone else was eating. The worst part is Im going away for a month in 2 weeks. :cry1

I seem to have changed my whole approach to treating fish lately. I look at the baby oranda I pulled from the tank at work - she was so dropsied I thought she'd burst plus her eyes were so badly ringed and protruding, I didn't think she'd last out the trip home.. I was going to put her to sleep but instead, treated... she's doing so well now and seems to enjoy her new home in the 60 :) Then there's winnie, my redcap. Sick for 6 weeks, pineconed this week and I thought to myself, nothing seems to be working. So with little or nothing to lose, I mixed up a batch of medicated food containing double the recommended dosage of meds for a fish his size. I don't know if it'll work but seems to be doing the trick. Scales are down and redness is disappearing ........ so I guess what I'm trying to say is if all else fails, you could try one last aggressive approach - and if it works, fantastic.. :)

How long was he in qt?

Hi Jen. :) Thanks so much for replying.

Martin was in QT for 1 week, treated, then in for another week, treated and returned to the tank. I moved him to QT again tonight after cleaning out the QT tank out really good. He ate his MediGold and I put in Maracyn 2. I may try salt after the course of meds just to try something else? Can salt be added with Maracyn or is it wise to wait?

Oh and Im so sorry about Winnie. I hope he makes it through. :heart

Just an update as this thread has fallen way down. Martin is still the same. The popeye has went away but otherwise he still bottom sits. I tried Maracyn 1 and 2 and PC. Nothing helped. Maybe its something internally wrong that cant be fixed. I placed him into the 75 again as I figure its nothing contagious at this point. I am going away tomorrow and it would be harder for Rick to care for a QT tank as well as the other 6 tanks.