Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trinket

Eggs !

I think they have grown Anette :) . But still only capturing 2 on film! No idea if its the same 2 yet. There are in fact 6.

Today they are much more active and have learnt where the food goes in. I can see them eating now and tiny spots in their little tummies when they are full :heart

Here you go- updates that you helped focus for me- thanks!!! :exactly

3 day old fry

Fryface.jpg

Fry2.jpg

FRy1.jpg

It's great! I know how difficult it is to catch so tiny fry on pics!

:heart

Looks great Imogen. What is that two white pieces in the tank?

Just saw this thread, so i have to say congrats :D and good luck :)

Looks great Imogen. What is that two white pieces in the tank?

Fred, those are coral stones/pebbles. They had eggs on them so were transferred. I use coral stones in the gravel of my tanks because my filterboxes/cannisters are crowded with other media- to stabilise pH.

Thanks FP, LMF, Shawnee, Kat, Erin :)

Edited by Trinket

:D They look great Imo.You can allready see that they're growing. :D

Oh good, I am glad to hear that Sharon as when you see them every day it is so hard to tell. I will get some more pics up soon. All 6 so far seem fine, eating well and active :heart

:rofl Yes,we need to see new pics at least every other day,or you know Anette will be posting her 2 year old fry picss again. :rofl JK Anette,as you know we always enjoy your pics! :exactly

:rofl

Yes, I'm kind of tired of these old pics too....

I am envyous, my fry have gotten SO BIG..... :D

Day 6 fryDAY6.jpg

You should be able to see 3 fry here. Getting a little color and some more length and a bit of tummy now.

I can see the teeniest poop at the end of/under the tail. I can just make out the tiny fan of their speedy little tails :)

However some bad news too. MIA are 2 of the fry :idont .

I cannot find them anywhere, no dead bodies ...so all I can assume is that the big sharks outside the breeder box (Mom and especially dad) have been sucking the slats at the bottom trying to get the brine shrimp out and 2 slipped out :(

I can't think where else they could have escaped.

I think the remaining 4 are def. too big now to slip through there.

So I have 4.

Edited by Trinket

Oh, they are so cute! I kinda miss that teeny-tiny stage. It's like kids - they grow so fast! :exactly

Keep the pics coming!

Lisa

PS: I'm sorry you have 2 missing. I've had that happen, but in my case it was my bigger fry eating my smaller fry. :(

Edited by GoinNuts

s :( That's too bad about the "MIA's) But only the strong will survive.4 babies isn't such a bad number when you think about future housin and such, :rolleyes::D They look great

Oh, they are so cute!

PS: I'm sorry you have 2 missing. I've had that happen, but in my case it was my bigger fry eating my smaller fry. :(

Thanks Lisa :D I 'm not sure which is worse being eaten by your parents or your siblings :hide: but whichever as Devs says, 4 is quite plenty and that's assuming these survive. I hope at least one survives and I'm hoping for a siamese doll (like the fish Mom).

How did I miss this thread!!! :thud CONGRATULATIONS Imogen - How exciting! It sounds like you're doing a fabulous job :exactly

Best of luck with your four remaining fry - I'm sure they'll grow big and strong with all the care you'll give them. Can't wait to see pics as they grow! :happydance

s :( That's too bad about the "MIA's) But only the strong will survive.4 babies isn't such a bad number when you think about future housin and such, :rolleyes::D They look great

Thanks Sharon, 4 isn't bad at all and 1 is fine :)

How did I miss this thread!!! :thud CONGRATULATIONS Imogen - How exciting! It sounds like you're doing a fabulous job :exactly

Best of luck with your four remaining fry - I'm sure they'll grow big and strong with all the care you'll give them. Can't wait to see pics as they grow! :happydance

Hey thanks Bumble, glad you found the news and thanks for comments. Pics on orderfor sure :D

They sure have grown and you're a good fish mom who knows to take good care of fish! I'm sure these 4 will survive and grow!

And about the missing ones, yes I'm sure the big ones have sucked them out, I remember how mine tried to suck baby food through the fry net!

They're at it again Anette and now I'm worried that they'll get one of these 4 :(

I have fixed up a divider of sorts so they cant now reach the breeder box. It has made their side of the tank small but I hope it'll keep the babies safe. Just another few days at any rate to make sure they are big and strong enough to keep clear of those ever-hungry mouths. Sheesh, you'd think I never fed those parents :o

I made the divider of a piece of clear plastic (thats all-right isn't it in aquariums?) and a part of the filter Im not using.

They look so good Imogen! :D

I had a bunch go MIA and I think that my larger ones had a snack. :rolleyes:

They're at it again Anette and now I'm worried that they'll get one of these 4 :(

I have fixed up a divider of sorts so they cant now reach the breeder box. It has made their side of the tank small but I hope it'll keep the babies safe. Just another few days at any rate to make sure they are big and strong enough to keep clear of those ever-hungry mouths. Sheesh, you'd think I never fed those parents :o

I made the divider of a piece of clear plastic (thats all-right isn't it in aquariums?) and a part of the filter Im not using.

Could you find a fry net to put inside, or something, so the poor fry won't reach the slats... ??? Stockings??

I lost another fry :(:cry1

Woke this morning and one had its tail in the slats, head up. I tried to gently manouver it out with a cotton earbud but it was twisted and had died in the night. Floated up.

I have to think of something fast. The filter in the main tank is so powerful.

The tank divider at least has stopped the parents from getting near them.

I am thinking gravel? I could put stones along the slats or is that dangerous too? If only I had apiece of thin plastic that size. I could weight it down with the 2 moss balls in there.

Stocking is so hard to attach and a fry can suffocate in that if there are any bubbles or niches..

I am sorry Imogen.... Personally I would like to put them in the separate 10 g tank by themselves and do 50% water change everyday.

Fred -is that enough water change in an uncycled tank to keep down ammonia?

I remember somebody in here told me, fry produces very little waste. The only ammonia source is from the leftover food. So 50% is good enough I believe.

I only put 4" depth of water for my fry tank; has sponge filter and air stone in it. My hatching rate is very low (3 and 5) but nobody died until now..

I had bad experiences about that, but I had 20+ fry... uncycled tank, water changes everyday...