Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trinket

Eggs !

Oh I'm sorry! But you rescued 6 or 7 fry, that's great! Now we're just waiting for updates, and pics of course! :D

Imogen you are one of my favorite Koko members but since you chosen not to post, you leave me with little choice.

:SmackBottom: The Koko's Stick of Doom!

:rofl

Seriously where are those pics? I had eggs yesterday morning and about died, they were eating the remainder of them and are now seperated by a huge tank divider. :rofl They aren't too pleased with me at the moment lol.

Imogen you are one of my favorite Koko members but since you chosen not to post, you leave me with little choice.

Seriously where are those pics? I had eggs yesterday morning and about died, they were eating the remainder of them and are now seperated by a huge tank divider. :rofl They aren't too pleased with me at the moment lol.

Kat, your fish had eggs???

I am trying to teach Imo how to take pics since she isn't best friend with the camera.

We just have to be patient and wait!

Kat, your fish had eggs???

I am trying to teach Imo how to take pics since she isn't best friend with the camera.

I did Anette twice! Sunday morning I woke up to them munching out, and yesterday. I'm hoping when I have the room they'll do it again but I've got too much on my plate right now to handle babies too. :(

:newfish How exciting, Imogen! I'm so jealous you got to watch yours hatch, mine were already out when I checked on them that morning.

They definitely are tiny things. I am impressed you were able to catch as many as you did after they got loose in the 30g. I bet your eyes hurt now. :blink:

As for when to feed the fry, they normally will consume the yolk sac as food for the first 2 - 3 days. After that, you can feed them baby brine shrimpe (not the regular brine shrimp, that's too big for them) and/or Hikari First Bites. I fed mine 4 - 5 times a day for the first month.

Keep us posted on their progress and try to get pics if you can!

Lisa

Yay they hatched! :happydance Congrats to you Imogen!! *COUGH... pics.... *COUGH

Seriously where are those pics?

Oh no I got the kokos stick! My first time. OUCH!

Did you save any eggs Kat- you know you are very welcome to post your pics here when they hatch (haha- others I know seem to do that!!!!) :rofl

Well that could be extremely offensive Anette but since it is also extremely true I will let it pass :blink::D

I have been trying for over an hour to catch these whispers of thread on film...really!!!

As for when to feed the fry, they normally will consume the yolk sac as food for the first 2 - 3 days. After that, you can feed them baby brine shrimpe (not the regular brine shrimp, that's too big for them) and/or Hikari First Bites. I fed mine 4 - 5 times a day for the first month.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa that's a help. Can I ask did you try and remove uneaten brine shrimp- I don't think my eyes can manage that :krazy:

Yay they hatched! :happydance Congrats to you Imogen!! *COUGH... pics.... *COUGH

Thanks Erin for sharing in the birth joy. I am going to need your advice ya know! And yes...those pics...sooooon. :D

Well that could be extremely offensive Anette but since it is also extremely true I will let it pass :blink::D

I have been trying for over an hour to catch these whispers of thread on film...really!!!

I'm sorry, i didn't know how to put it, I just wanted to save you from the Koko Stick, it looks painful!

Anette :bighug "extremely offensive" was tongue in cheek :P You are so right. Cameras are not my friends. It is like trigonometry or something..I zoom in and then can't focus..I promise I'll try again..no, don't want that stick again :bingo:

So there are 6 fry. They look darker in color today, a little stronger (all that egg sac yum yum) but 5 are still sitting around and then the one is doing little trills of short distance swimming then stopping for a rest. I added a serving of babybrine shrimp on the end of a toothpick a little while ago :feedme . No-one moved :hummm Hope they find it soon :D .

OK! That's good!

Your fry sounds normal! I remember how worried I was because my fry didn't show any interest in food! In the beginning! That will change! I promise!

Thanks. Okay I won't worry then And now the news you have been waiting for. FIRST FRY PIC.

Introducing 2 day TWO FRY!!IMGP0924.jpg....Can you see them????? :rockon:heart

:D Hey Imogen,I'm pretty sure that I see at least one there.Good Job!!! I have the hardest time taking fry pics-no matter what size they are! :rofl Congrats again!

YESSS!!!! Sorry!

I can see 2!!!!

Adorable!

Cute!

:heart:heart

Thanx gals :D More pics tommorrow :)

:nana Okay,I now see the other fry! Woo-Hoo!!! Gosh it still amazes me as how tiny goldfish start out. :exactly

Thanks. Okay I won't worry then And now the news you have been waiting for. FIRST FRY PIC.

Introducing 2 day TWO FRY!!IMGP0924.jpg....Can you see them????? :rockon:heart

yey, beautiful pic....

:heart OMG little sticks with eyeballs! :rofl I had to laugh they are so tiny!!! I can't wait to see them grow!

They are so cute and little! :heart

Bless their hearts they so adorable!

Cant wait for pics of them growing up.

Yes it's amazing how tiny they are in the beginning of life!

Any new pics?

Have they grown? :heart:D