Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jamisskat

Huray! Eggs!

I do 50% water changes daily. Starting two days after the fry become free swimming. Feeding only newly hatched brine shrimp.

Actually, carefully used, liquified egg yolks (duck or chicken) are very good food for new fry - for about the first week at most. AFter that, the brine shimp are best in my opinon. I feed first bites from Hikari once the fish are about 1 month old. It seems to constipate my babies, though, so I have to be really careful how I feed it - and follow it up with a dose of spiriliana or chopped peas.

The yolk can make a REAL mess - moldy and scummy and yucky - if you are not careful. As so wisely stated above, the SanFrancisco strain of brine shrimp are small enough that you can feed them to the fry as soon as they are free swimming - which is what I do. There is really little or no waste with the live shrimp!

:) Hi Julie,Just wanted to let you know that I merged all 3 of your fry threads,since thry were all about the same fry.Multiple threads sometimes get a little out of hand,and this way,all your information is in one big thread. :exactly