Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Frusciante

I Went Broke But I Don't Care.

Well, I finally went through with it and bought a new 60 gallon tank. My fish officially love me. :D

I haven't finished decorating the tank, but I got a nice piece of driftwood and celebrated the new tank by buying a new fish. He's currently in the 12 gallon (seen here http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...howtopic=55232) as the new hospital/quarentine tank.

He's a calico lionhead named Beany.

NewTank.jpg

Beany.jpg

Beany2.jpg

Ah, yes, new tanks are mighty fun.

Congrats to you! The tank is beautiful. Its very simple but I love it like that! Beany is a little sweetie! :heart

Thanks!

I never thought I'd get a lionhead, but I saw him and I just had to get him.

I can't wait till he's ready for the new 60 gallon.

:D

I love lionheads. They have such sweet faces. :heart Good selection! :exactly

Congratulations - your new tank looks wonderful (and big) :D I love Beany - he's one good looking little fellow and it looks like his quarantine quarters are decked out like a 5 star hotel so he should be very happy in there :D

Thanks! :D

Life is so much easier with the 60 gallon, and it really isn't that much work to take care of.

25% water change = three 5 gallon buckets. I had a python but I couldn't stand it. Water changes only take me 15 minutes. Plus, my fish aren't spooked by the 25 foot hose in the way.

I'll get some large river rock and start growing plants soon so my fish will have more decorations to play with.

With all this water, things just got alot more fun.

:)

That's the spirit! I love both your tanks they look beautiful :D

Congrat!!! for your new tank. Your fish looks great as well. :D

Is he lionhead or ranchu? By second pic, he looks like ranchu.

Edited by small_ranchu

:) I love your new tank! I really do like that size! Your other tank looks wonderful also! I bet your fish love all that room! :heart Cute fish BTW!

I'm not too good at identifying between the two breeds. However, the label at my LFS said Lionhead, so I went with that. Also, I have a goldie that I bought and the label said fan-tail, but he's growing up to look alot like a Ryukin. I think fish stores get these things mixed up and throw goldies together since goldfish aren't considered as precious as most other types of fish.

On another note, does anybody have an recommendations on plants for my tank?

I don't know alot about plants, but now that I have a big enough tank and much better lighting, I've been seriously considering putting in some live plants.

I was thinking onion plants and anubias.

Congrats on the new tank. Wow a calico lionhead what a find. Very cute!

You might want to find the Goldfish Anonymous thread. After seeing the caption 'I went broke but I don't care' I think you'll fit into that thread just fine! :rofl

Both onion plants and anubias work well with goldies. The onion plants get quite tall and some goldies like to munch on the anubias which can be useful or annoying depending how you see that :D There's lots more info about plants in the plants forum.

:) The new set up looks great and with four fish,that gives them some nice room to grow. Lionheads are one of my favorites,and looking at Beany ,I can certainly see why you couldn't resist him as he is adorable. :heart

Good luck with the new tank,and be sure to post pics of ebveryone sharing it. :exactly

congrats :D

your fish will love all the room

You are going to have fun making the tank all your own. And I bet your fish DO officially love you for it. :) Congrats. I was about your age when I got my first 55 after many years with multiple 10's and a 30. I was in hog heaven! :) Hey, and what better to go broke on than something that makes you so happy???

Good for you.

Guest Kel

i always wanted a lionshead..but i cant find 1 around my area

Guest angelsun

Congratulations! Your new tank is lovely. Sometimes, you just have to "go for it". I'm sure that the fishies are appreciatively clapping their fins. :)

Your signature graphic is great too. :goldfish:

Guest pinktoefunk

- I adore the title of this thread,

.... I cannot think of a better

way to spend spend spend hehe. Congratulations

and very beautiful fish !! -

Great tank. Wish I had the room for a 60 atm. Need to get the spare room cleaned out first.