Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Omg Eggs!

wow, they are sooo tiny :D

Ok guys. WHEW! What a job that was!! There are SO many fry! :krazy: I found only maybe 5 dead ones. They are in the 10 gallon now with sponge filter and heater set at 78. If that needs to be changed, let me know! They havent changed a lot in a week, although I can see them from several feet away now. They are still tiny little things. :)

Here is the tank before I took my tropicals out this morning.

weekoldfrytankbefore.jpg

Here is SOME of them in a bowl ready to transfer.

weekoldfry.jpg

Tank setup with fry.

weekoldfrytank.jpg

Sponge filter.

weekoldfryfilter.jpg

Babies!

weekoldfry1.jpg

weekoldfry2.jpg

:heart

Wow erin there are so many. Im so excited I cant wait to see how these little ones turn out. I just love your pom pom .You have your hands full.

Thanks Shawna! I am excited to see how they turn out as well. The parents are very beautiful so this should be interesting.. :)

Oh there they all are :D ! So many :heart . Good luck with the next transfer. It's always nerve wrecking..what are they eating now Erin?

wow, looks great. :heart:heart :heart :heart:heart

you have to dig a pond for them when you go back to MN. :rofl

:) That is so neat Erin! I can see why that was hard to transfer them. There are so many of them and they are still so tiny. I love seeing your pics and hearing about the steps you have gone through already to hatch them and keep them healthy. Good job! :heart

Babies!

:heart

Haha!

You are silly!

But they are cute. :)

:heart Thanks all!!

Oh there they all are :D ! So many :heart . Good luck with the next transfer. It's always nerve wrecking..what are they eating now Erin?

:) They are eating algae off the back of the tank and Hikari First Bites. I dropped in a piece of algae wafer but they don't seem interested.

They're eating the algae wafer now. How many times a day should I feed them the First Bites?

Oh, gee, so many! Looks like thousands!! :D

I fed my babies 4-5 times a day when they were that tiny.

You can feed them as much as they can eat as many times as you want. At this stage they can't over eat and the fuller you keep their bellies the better. It would also be good to start doing 50% water changes daily. If you decide to start doing the water changes leave the water sit over night.

Nick, do you recommend the airline tubing method for water changes?

You can feed them as much as they can eat as many times as you want. At this stage they can't over eat and the fuller you keep their bellies the better.

They will be in "Goldfish Heaven"! Fish acting like they are hungry all the time, Can you imagine our adult goldfish, on this feeding routine? Boy would they love it, not the best for them, but they wouldn't think so.

LOL! Yeah I know it! I had no idea I could feed them that much. Ill kick it up a few feedings then! :D Im glad they're past a week now, I consider that somewhat of an accomplishment. :)

I used the 9/16 hose that was on my gravel vac. I took the gravel vac off and just used the hose part and sucked all the junk off the bottem everyday. Airline tubing will be slower but it might be a little safer. Although a few babies got sucked up I only lost one.

When adding water I dipped a pitcher in the new water and poured it on the inside wall of the aquarium and let it run down the glass to refill the tank.

Thanks Nick. :) I have some regular airline tubing and some thats one size larger. My gravel vac hose is huge! I dont think Im skilled enough to go that route. ;)

Edited by glitterfish

Ok, just got done using the airline tubing. It worked well and actually the water flows quickly! I sucked on the end with a straw and the water was so fast I got a bunch of tank water in my mouth! :ill I managed to suck up about 5 fry but they survived so I put them back in the tank. I only changed about 20%. The fry have the habit of searching the bottom for food so it was hard not to suck them up! :krazy:

I don't know why do you need to use a straw. You can just suck from the other end of the pipe. if you see the water is coming, you can just take out the water from your mouth. Not neccessary to wait until it gets into your mouth.

Someone recommended that I do this but no its not necessary. I have never done a water change like that before so I didnt know the water came so fast!

Yes! They eat all day too. :)

Pleased the little ones are doing well :)

Thanks Frazer! I can't wait till they get a bit bigger so I can see what I have! :)

I only changed about 20%. The fry have the habit of searching the bottom for food so it was hard not to suck them up!

That can be a problem. Before I did my water changes I fed them until they were full and no longer hungary. When they're full they stop searching for food on the bottem and sit at the middle and upper level of the aquarium. Then it's a lot easier to suck all the junk off the bottom without getting any fry.