Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Omg Eggs!

Thanks Anette!! :heart

:happydance

I am very excited to see what they grow up like!!

Want some Fred?? :yeah:

Kat, LOL! Yeah I would need a bigger tank if they all survived, man there are a lot of them! Im hoping I have a couple people interested once they get old enough to adopt out. :rolleyes:

I do visit New York often yanno... :) Its only a few hours away....Have battery powered air pump will travel. :rofl

Take some, please!!!!! :D

Edited by glitterfish

They'll be gorgeous. You can probably sell some of them later Erin. oooh so adoreable and so much fun to watch grow :D

Edited by Trinket

You're probably right Imogen. I would feel better knowing they were going to Koko's members though! ;)

Want some Fred?? :yeah:

Kat, LOL! Yeah I would need a bigger tank if they all survived, man there are a lot of them! Im hoping I have a couple people interested once they get old enough to adopt out. :rolleyes:

oh yeah. :rofl

:yikes WOw!! I think you have more thaan 50 Erin,and I just had a feeling that with your tank space,you'd be "pitching" to all your buddies at Koko's. :rofl They're so darn cute though,how can you resist them,you know?

As another food,even though they can be a pain,my baby grew like a weed with newly hatched Brine shrimp.They're good eats for the babies and they adore him.They'll like those those First bites.It is like a powder and much easier for them to eat than the crushed food right now.Continue on with pics as we're feeling like proud "Aunts and Uncles". :D

50?! Well I guess that was a understatement huh?! LOL.

WOW! Look at all of those cute little babie's Erin! :heart How exciting for you! Best of luck with them.

oh yeah. :rofl

Come on Fred, you know you want one to put with your ranchus! ;)

WOw!! I think you have more thaan 50 Erin,and I just had a feeling that with your tank space,you'd be "pitching" to all your buddies at Koko's. :rofl They're so darn cute though,how can you resist them,you know?

Thanks Devs! And you're right, I have NO tank space!! A few days before I saw the eggs I had purchased 2 new fish as well. :wacko:

50?! Well I guess that was a understatement huh?! LOL.

WOW! Look at all of those cute little babie's Erin! :heart How exciting for you! Best of luck with them.

:rofl Understatement? YEAH! My head is spinning now looking at all these little ones. :whatjust:

congrats on the big bundle of fry! more than 50!! wow :yikes

can't wait to see how they grow

Thanks Jenny! If you ever want another telescope to be buddies with Blackie, let me know! :D

Ok, here are pics from 3 days old. They look pretty much the same as they did yesterday. Ill post pics again at 1 week old. :) At that time, they'll be in the 10 gallon.

3dayoldfry.jpg

3dayoldfry1.jpg

3dayoldfry2.jpg

My sponge filter and fry food will be here tomorrow, thankfully. I don't think they were enjoying the crushed flakes too much and I havent been able to go out for brine shrimp. Ill be setting up the sponge filter immedietely so it has time to run awhile before fry are introduced to the tank.

Edited by glitterfish

Oh I remember when mine were that tiny! It is so interesting follow other peoples fry threads!

:)

How do I know when the egg sacs are gone? I never even saw them to know what Im looking for!

I know some people says they can see them, I haven't either! But it is when they are free swimming and not hanging on to things anymore.

Ok, so it is gone now! They are free swimming and very cute! :D

I believe you! :D:heart

Any calicos? They are more pinkish in color than the others. Maybe it's too early to see! :D

I found an old pic of my fry from 2005!

Bild839.jpg

The big Monster fry died, but the other calico fry is Goldie or Gullmer, not sure! :D

Edited by OldHag

Wow, thats neat! Its still to early to tell for mine. They all look the same. Besides, in this little tank its hard to tell. Im looking forward to having them in a larger tank without all the stuff crammed in with them. :) Can I have calico fry with none calico parents? Your fry were so cute! :heart

I got a short video of my fry picking at flakes yesterday at 3 days old. :) Let me know if it works!

Works fine! Cute little ones!

I'm not sure about the calico color, my mama fish was calico. But I got one doubletailed fry though I had no doubletailed parent, so I don't know what can come up!!! :D

Oooh, that makes things so exciting! I didnt know if all the babies had to have the same colors as the parents or not. :)

:) The video clip works great! Its so much fun watching it! They are so teenie tiny and so cute! :heart

:D I wish UPS would hurry up so I could give them some Hikari First Bites!!

Newly hatched brine shimp is the best food you can feed them. By feeding newly hatched brine shrimp your fish will grow faster than they would on any other food and you will have a lot more fry survive. I have tried raising fry on liquid fry food, crushed flakes, powdered fry food, micro worms and micro eels.

Newly hatched brine shrimp. Is way better than anything else.

Thanks Nick. As I mentioned somewhere in this thread before, I havent been able to get any. Ill have to do with what I can. :)