Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Omg Eggs!

Hikari's first bites if i'm not mistaken is almost like a powder so you won't need to grind them. I was hoping to get these also but couldn't find them :)

I know they love algae - when mine were out in the tub they'd always spend time in the sun chomping on the green algae that grew in abundance. I think this is where a great deal of their sustenance came from :)

I was a bit bummed when i lost a few per day but in the end, they were the ones that didn't seem to grow while the others sprouted up around them - and now i'm left with 11 strong little suckers which makes it a lot less stressful :yikes

Yeah I bet! If you didnt lose a few, it would be too overwhelming. :yikes

Oh, should I fill the 10 gallon all the way to the top or only 6" or so? This way, they will have a healthy, cycled tank waiting for them. :)

Well - many keep the water level low but I filled it to the top only so my hob filter had a good body of water for the intake. They did well :D Mind you, the 10 gallon is only a shallowish tank anyhow :D

Now this will sound ridiculous but if you can, take a pic when the tank's set up - I think we're going to need a full photo diary :D

Oh, believe me, Ill take lots of pics when the 10 is setup. Ill be able to get better pics too. The one theyre in now still has all the plants and stuffed crammed into it. Also there is no light on it. And the biggest reason, my camera sucks! :rofl

OOOH yes photo diary please! So exciting :clapping: Love the stowaway baby in the bucket Erin!

If you have plecos/loach that you feed algae wafers to you could try crumbling an algae wafer since they love algae...just an idea.

:D I was surprised to see the baby but figured Id look through the dirty water just in case.

I have a lot of algae wafers so I will give that a try. Thanks Imogen! :heart

The fry look much more active today. I had to lessen the bubbles from the airstone though as it was blowing them all over the place!! :rolleyes:

And when should I feed them? And WHAT should I feed them? :krazy:

You may also want to try getting them some frozen daphina Erin. When I realized my fry needed much more then flakes (thanks to this site) I read an online article which I will try to find for you, I am not having much success at the moment. It said daphina is one of the first things baby fish eat in the wild, mine go absolutely bonkers for it and it was small enough for even the tinest of my fry (Speck) to get in his mouth. It also aids in digestion much like pea's.

Can't wait to see them!

Thanks Kat! I will look into this. :)

Got a couple really bad pics of the fry... But you can see them there. So tiny but bigger than yesterday. :heart

2dayoldfry.jpg

2dayoldfry1.jpg

Ok here are some good ones. I was doing a water change and put the light on them. There are way more than 50 in there! :krazy:

2dayoldfry2.jpg

2dayoldfry3.jpg

2dayoldfry4.jpg

:) OMG! Thats alot of fry! Their so cute! :heart

Oh! So Cool!

Do you know what kind of critters they will be?

Im pretty sure they have a telescope mom and a pom pom dad so your guess is as good as mine! :D

:) Again, I can't get over how cute the are! I could sit here all night, until maybe 9pm, and forget everything else I" Have" to do, and just look at them! :tantrum But I can't! :cry1 So until later, take care of those babies! :heart

Im pretty sure they have a telescope mom and a pom pom dad so your guess is as good as mine! :D

A Telepom?

A Pomescope?

A fishy Astronomer with a Cheerleader up it's nose?

A Pomescope?

:rolleyes::rofl

A Telepom?

A Pomescope?

:rofl:rofl

They are so cute :heart

A Telepom?

A Pomescope?

:rofl

Way more then 50....All I could think of is the line from Jaws after James Woods see's Jaws for the first time surface and then dissapear....'We're You're gonna need a bigger boat :rofl tank!

I'm jealous! I can't wait to see how they turn out, I bet they are going to be really interesting looking!

Edited by Katalyst

Want some Fred?? :yeah:

Kat, LOL! Yeah I would need a bigger tank if they all survived, man there are a lot of them! Im hoping I have a couple people interested once they get old enough to adopt out. :rolleyes:

Far out Erin - it looks like you have more than 50 :thud Aren't they the cutest? So will you start feeding a very small amount tomorrow? Have you got the 10 gal set up? I can't wait to see them in their new home :D

:D I know, WAY more than 50! They are adorable and free swimming now. I will try to give them some food tomorrow. I tried some crushed flakes earlier and they didnt seem interested.

The 10 gallon won't be free until Sunday, after I take my tropicals to give away. The sponge filter and Hikari First Bites won't be here until Thursday as well. :rolleyes:

This will be interesting! So much fry! And with those parents! Exciting! Grow fast little fry! :D:heart