Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Omg Eggs!

I left the back wall of the tank with algae on it after my tropicals were gone for the fry to munch on. Well, its turned into that thread like stuff. Will they eat that or should I pull it out? It's rather unsightly and kind of taking over.

That video looks awesome Erin :D

Are you talking about the string algae? It doesn't harm them but if you want to remove some, then go for it :D

I can't wait to see them as they get bigger :heart

:heart Thanks Jen!

Yes I am talking about string algae. Its so ugly!! :ignore I could remove that portion and leave the regular green algae for them.

That's what I'd do especially as that mossy algae is so yummy and healthy for them :D I reakon it makes the tank look cool also - I'm thinking of doing something similar on one of my tanks, just having the back wall turn green. I just can't figure out which one is all :D

I dont mind the regular stuff as it just stays on the walls but this stuff is out of control! I think its tinting my water a bit green too and I want to see my babies!! :D

:) As good as that is for the babies,that's the kind of thing that would drive me up a wall for sure. :krazy::rofl

My one Betta tank gets green like that,and it makes me nuts! :D

It drives me nuts too Sharon!! I don't let it grow in any of my other tanks. Im in there scrubbing twice a week on my 55 and 30! I think my bristlenoses keep it under control in the 75.

Oh, when is the recommended age to move them to the bigger tank once I have it set up and cycled?

OK I just can't stop with the pics!! :rofl

2week5dayoldfry.jpg

2week5dayoldfry1.jpg

This one is bad but I thought it looked kind of cool with the green algae backdrop! :rofl

Oh, so many tiny little fry!!! Cute! :heart

Aww, so cute :heart I'll swear they've grown heaps! :D

eeeeee!!! they're so cute!!!

i left our rocks in the baby tanks so that they can munch on the algae too... :)

They have grown a lot! Im blown away by how I can see their little features now. :heart

wow, glad they are doing good!!

Thanks FP!! :D

Well the fry turn 3 weeks old tomorrow so I thought time for more pics. :rofl I wish my camera did better zoom so you all could see their features. I have one giant fry. He must be the biggest piggie! :heart

3weekoldfry.JPG

3weekoldfry1.JPG

3weekoldfry2.jpg

That's so cool!

:rofl Those pics looked like they were taken in Pea soup,but the fishies love it!!!

Wow Erin,they are growing so fast aren't they?

I'll have to post a thread about my babies, :rolleyes: as soon as they're big enough to show up on the pics! :rofl

Good job!!!

Sorry,I forget...... :blink: Who did you say the parents were? :krazy:

Thanks Daniel and Sharon!! :)

The parents are my choco pom pom(dad, 9") and my orange/white telescope(mommy, about 5 1/2")! You can see their pics if you go back to the 1st and 2nd pages of this thread. This should be interesting. :rofl Its funny because the water isnt green but the algae covering the back wall makes it look that way. Yuck! :rolleyes:

Definitely start a thread for your fry! I would love to watch them grow up. :heart

Edited by glitterfish

So,maybe we'll be seeing tellies with Pom poms? :yeah: Now that could be interesting! :rofl

I plan to go back and read this all again so I can see the parents. 15 pages takes a while to read though. :rofl

:rofl No I think theyre posted on pages 1 and 2 so you dont have to go very far!! I wish for some teles with poms. Daniel called them "Telepoms"! :rofl

I love your fry glitterfish!

Congrats with them.

Now according to the parentage, this is going to be very interesting to see how they all turn out and what traits will be dominent.

I cant wait!!!

By the way on page 2...the daddy is exquisite! I love his fins :)

That last set of pics is awesome Erin - you can really see those little babies well and they're just to itty bitty :heart:crying:

Has your sponge filter turned all green? Mmmm, yummy :D And if the new tank is ready for them - then move 'em on over. You can just swim them into a bowl and transfer them. Will you use about 30% of their water?

they are looking great!!

Thanks LuvMuhFred, Fred and FP! :heart

Has your sponge filter turned all green? Mmmm, yummy :D And if the new tank is ready for them - then move 'em on over. You can just swim them into a bowl and transfer them. Will you use about 30% of their water?

I'll have the tank set up very soon for them. If Im supposed to use 30% of the water from the 10, then I will!! Yes the sponge has turned nice and green. LOL!