Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Omg Eggs!

My interest is in fancy type goldfish that are able to swim at faster speeds. Which would be fancies with single tails, fancies with long bodies and short fantails and fancies with fantails that are not fully split.

Unfortunatly these types of goldfish are culled as soon as their spotted and never or rarely make to the pet store. Currently my best and favorate fish has the body and tail of a comet but the bottem half of its tail is split and the top half of its tail is a single tail and it looks like an up side down Y. I have neven seen another fish with a tail like it anywhere. Not even on a wakin. He/she is my prize goldfish and I keep him in my 55 gallon aquarium.

I'm not interested in the so called high quality goldfish with the short fat bodies with normal and long fantails that can barely move when they swim. I have a very large pond and these high quality fancy types will not be able to survive in it. These short fat bodied fish not only have a lower tolerance for cold water they also do not have the ability to swim away from danger.

In short my interest is in fancy goldfish that will be able to survive in my pond and be able to swim away from preditors if they have to. I currently have about 75 common/comets in my pond that are 16+ inches long along with some native fish and I would like to add a little more variety.

Ok Nick. If I have any, they are yours! :D

Got some more pics of the little ones while doing a water change. They are a week and 4 days old today. :) I did a rough headcount and have 35-40 fry. Thats A LOT less than I started with. Where did they all go? I am relieved actually but just curious as to what may have happened to them. :unsure:

weekandhalfoldfry.jpg

weekandhalfoldfry1.jpg

weekandhalfoldfry2.jpg

so cute.. congrat buddy !!!! They are getting bigger

Thanks Fred!! :heart Looking forward to having a couple? :D

oh yeah, we can exchange some in the future ( I WISH )

I have a good feeling for you! Hang in there buddy. :heart

looking good! maybe i'll catch a train to brooklyn and kidnap (fishnap) a telescope from you!!!! :rofl:yeah:

Currently my best and favorate fish has the body and tail of a comet but the bottem half of its tail is split and the top half of its tail is a single tail and it looks like an up side down Y. I have neven seen another fish with a tail like it anywhere. Not even on a wakin. He/she is my prize goldfish and I keep him in my 55 gallon aquarium.

I had a fish like that! I had him (or her, not sure) for about 4 years in a way-too-small tank, before I knew any better. He was shaped like a comet, with a long body and long, flowing tail, and the bottom half of his tail was split like you describe. He was bought out of a feeder tank, and abandoned in my classroom by one of my student teachers.

It's a shame that I didn't know how to take care of him. He survived 4 years in those conditions. I'm sure he would have done just great in a better situation. :cry1

looking good! maybe i'll catch a train to brooklyn and kidnap (fishnap) a telescope from you!!!! :rofl:yeah:

The offer is on the table! You can get a buddy for Blackie! :D

Didnt lose anymore fry today! They are getting quicker when I am doing a water change too so none were accidentally sucked up. I added a bif of Java moss to the tank and they seem to like hiding in it. :heart

Didnt lose anymore fry today! They are getting quicker when I am doing a water change too so none were accidentally sucked up. I added a bif of Java moss to the tank and they seem to like hiding in it. heartpump.gif

congrat!!! Love to hear your success.

Thanks Fred. :heart

They are so tiny! I couldn't believe they were fish the first time I found fry! :D Oh I remember those days! Lot's of work, but it's definately worth it!

Oh cute little fishies! :heart

Glad the fry are doing good :)

Thanks Anette and FP! :D

:D I got a really good pic of one of the fry tonight. You can see it's eyes really well. The other is blurry but you can see how big they've gotten. Sorry the first pic is so big. :krazy:

13dayoldfry.jpg

13dayoldfry1.jpg

:heart

What great pics :D How warm is your tank? How much are you feeding? Hooey, they'll grow big in no time :heart

I love that you have green algae on the back of the tank - they can munch on this during the day (and night) and this'll make them grow nice and big :D

Nice :)

They look exactly like guppy fry.

Cute!

:D

Loving the pics Erin.I just saved two eggs from a spawn and what happens?????Another spawn,and I just grabbed a plant that had a few eggs on it,so I now have more babies also. :rofl Our fish seem a bit confused-they think spring is allready in the air. :rofl

keep taking pics.Isn't it amazing how fast they grow? :heart

Thanks everyone! :heart

The tank is kept at a steady 78 degrees. I am feeding 5-6 times a day. They are 12 days old today. :)

Congrats Devs! :rofl Which tank will they go into? :krazy:

:) They are so cute. I can see why it would be hard to get a good pic, they must move quite fast plus with them being so small.

But they are so cute when they look like that! :heart

:D It's hard to get a pic for me because I don't have really good zoom on my camera. I was quite impressed with that pic. :) They are 2 weeks old tomorrow! :D

Way to go Erin! I love keeping up to date with your babies! They look like they are growing big and beautiful! You must be so proud - do you feel like shouting "Look what i did!" from the rooftops? I would!