Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Remember Kuchibeni,

"Help it's the giant two legs!!" "Quick little calico fantail, you can hide under me" (see the little fantail hiding under him LOL)

fa414165.jpg

fa414163.jpg

*whew, it's safe to come out, it's just mom*

fa414160.jpg

He is so beautiful, if I do say so myself, how he ever ended up in a feeder tank I will never know or understand. I saw a commet and a common in the "pet tank" the other day, and they were rather homely compared to my kuchibeni :P

He's the only common I own.

He came to the top of the tub for his pellets today, he never comes up, he waits for them to sink down (he's afraid of me)

Today he came right up, I was sooo excited LOL!

I can't wait to get a huge tank, so I can view him from the side. The tub is clear, but it's on the floor.

Jessica

Wow, what a beauty! And a shame to put such a darling into the feeder tank! Gorgeous fish, Jessica!

And I can see why you named him *Kuchibeni* B)

Oh hes beautiful!! I always feel so bad when I see beautiful fish like that in the feeder tank (not that theyre any more worthy of living than others, but you know). Sometimes I'll "rescue" them and throw them into a sales tank! Anyway Im glad you were able to save him. I absolutely love my fancies, but my feeder rescues have such a special place in my heart and I love them so much. Every time I look at them I think how special they are. :)

:lol: Really great to see some photos of Kuchibeni, what neat markings. And funny about the calico underneath Kuchibeni.

Thanks for posting them!!

:hi

Guest Shiari

I'm so glad he's doing so very well! I can't wait to be able to show pictures of my sarasa/common, but he's not as interesting as li'l Kuchibeni is. XD I want your fish!

LOL,Jessica what a preetty fish!

i need to get a tub for 2 of my commets i think there the last ones im going to buy

when it comes to (commets) for a while.

O well i have one grey one and one orange and white one.

:D Once again reallly adorable fihs jessica!

Guest FishFan

Who would put him in the feeder tank??? :huh: Youve got a great fish on your hands!!(Or should i saytub?) :druel:ymmu

Guest FishFan

:panana Oh ya, where did you get those plants? They look awsome!!! :hi

(:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, Kuchibeni really is special to me ;o) Shiari, I can't wait to see pics of your fish. I'm sure that he is very beautiful!

Jrstist, I'm glad to know that "Feeder goldfish" are unhealthy for the larger fish....I've wanted another Oscar for a long time (I had one as a child) but I could not stand the thought of feeding him live goldfish. I know they make pellets for the Oscars, but I thought I'd have to feed it goldfish, this may sound silly, but just last night I was wondering "why do they feed those big fish, goldfish, don't they live in a tropical climate" and then I came on here to read this....it totally makes sense.

Fishfan, those "cool" plants are 1.97 Canadian at my local nnnnnn!! B) I like those plants too, I have a whole bunch of them, they come in different sizes too! small medium and large. I think the large ones are 3.97 I have them in my larger tank.

supposedly feeders are culls that are unfit or unhealthy so they get used as food. I have 4 feeders similar to yours. white with some orange. Ive rescued tons of feeders and still have like 10 alive :)

It's sad really :(

I still don't see why Kuckibeni was "culled" he has always been healthy and he's very pretty, he could have made a nice pond fish!! Although I do suppose that no one around here is shopping for pond fish at this time of year! Maybe that's why he found his way into the feeder tank. I've been keeping my eye on those tanks, and I have not seen anymore like kuchibeni.

Jessica

I have 2 feeders left.

2 commets "Rylight" thats the small orange and white commet

and "Sporia " the grey commet they were in a

10 gal wiht maby 40 other goldfish in there,so i took those 2

for know.

They both had ick... i think can't remember.

Bu thsoe 2 are so cute,

my oldest fish i rescude is "Fanee Dolee" My 6 inched commet

i had her for about 2 years now going on 3 years.

She is so lovely she has been true alot.

Guest Shiari

We get red and whites all the time at the mmm near me. ;_; Very pretty fish, but most of them don't have *really* long tails, as sarasa are supposed to.

and very clear pictures. what a beauty!

We get red and whites all the time at the mmm near me. ;_; Very pretty fish, but most of them don't have *really* long tails, as sarasa are supposed to.

same here, most of those have short fins like commons. also its orange rather than red. could they have sarrasa genes or is it possible to breed those colors from two orange comets

Okay well we get lots and lots of red and and white ones to.

There just about 2 inchs long *about*.

I found olny 1 grey one so i took her.

The grey one(Sporia) is really happy now she is not bunched up

in a small 15 gal with maby 60 other goldfish.

O and my small

My Other commet (Rylight) was one of the smallest

when i got him he had fin rot.

He is better now :D