Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nykole

Dis-infect?

What can I use to clean my frog tank? 5 of my frogs got a fungus froma Betta I introduced in the aquarium and is just rinsing it enough?. One is still alive and Im treating her. Hopefully she survives!

Guest OzzMosiz

use 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. then rinse vigourously and furiously drain, repeat at least 6 times, dry completely and rinse once more add double the amount of chlorine/chloramine remover - that is what I have seen suggested in the past - that is also what I do for any new plants I buy. So far so good .

Edited by OzzMosiz

yep I agree thats what I do when I need to sterilize anything that has been used or been infected by something :D

Guest sourmilknightmares

Wow I've always heard use 1 part bleach to 19 parts water and that you only need to do it one time. Maybe I should start doing yall's way...

Sour milk,

I think you will be fine using your dosages of bleach. 1 part bleach too 10 parts of water is highly effective but so is 1 part bleach per 19 parts water. Just let it soak for 24 hours.

At the vet hospital we are taught 1:12 bleach/water.

I use potassium permanganate crystals. I put iin a few crystals and let them run through the whole tank and filter and everything. They really blast all bio--matter dead dead dead. Then you put in hydrogen peroxide and undo the pp and rinse the tank and you are done.

I use a 1:12 ratio. Whichever concentration you use, be sure to get all the bleach smell out of the tank before using it again.

Good luck with your froggy. :)