Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
small_ranchu

A Show Quality Ranchu

Hello everyone,

I am now obsessed w/ show quality(or AAA) Ranchu after I came back from fish show. I want to collect them and couldn't find any good one in lfs, online(w/ a fair price means less than $60 w/o shipping.) All I can do is importing from other country which I hate to do. Is there any place in US that I can buy a good quality small Ranchu w/ a fair price? Thanks. :D

Fred

Edited by small_ranchu

i'd go to shows and try and get in touch with breeders. :)

oh yeah, thanks lozbug. I forgot to mention about show. I just came back from show and got a good black one. But you know, I have to wait for another show near my area or travel across the country to follow the show which is not possible w/ my budget. :(

I bought a good ranchu from the Fish Corner recently. Neo Ranchu has excellent ranchus. They're both internet vendors. The Fish Sempei in Canada has excellent fish but shipping is a bit more.

I am waiting reply from Fish Corner. And the price of other two are sky high :(

Have you tried Dandy Orandas in Ohio? I hear Ken has some pretty nice fish.

I'm afraid that for the price you're wanting to spend,and without shipping,you may take a while to find what you're looking for.I've bought fish from Gunn,and shipping was close to 60.00,and I had to go to my local Airport to pick them up. :blink:

I think Ranchu under 2" shouldn'd cost more than $50 and I don't mind shipping(which is out of control). I contacted Gunn as well.

fred try emailing this guy he always has auctions etc maybe he has ranchu as I know i seen like a wk ago he had a 2 fer 1er on ranchu's and they were huge no harm in trying he is in California

http://www.goldfishnet.com/ItemListings.asp

or just email him tommy@goldfishnet.com

Edited by Jillian

:) Actually,if I'm not mistaken,he lives in Texas. I could be wrong though. :)

opps mystake it is dallas texas doh i was thinking of another person who is a breeder of wholesale my lfs friend is looking for wholesale i have been helping out with researching wholesale fancy gf breeders and she was one of them i'm going :krazy: not to mention today is a :( day

Guest Frau Squid

Here's a picture of a ranchu I got from Gunn.

evertius.jpg

He was only twelve dollars! Yay!

I know that NeoRanchu imported a handful of extra Kuroko (baby TVRanchu) this summer from some very awesome Japanese breeders. At the time of import, grade A Kuroko were $55 ("expected to become show class"). They may be more now that they've colored in and become Tosai, I don't know. He's in MD, which might just be close enough that you can avoid shipping altogether (and get 2! :blink: ) That guy has been on the road so much, I think there's a good chance he might have afew still. I don't know of anyone else that has access to these bloodlines in the US. (would like to learn about any, tho!!)

Sempai is awesome, and I think he drives the fish himself across the boarder to Buffalo ( . . .?) in order to ship to US destinations. Again, this seems like you're pretty close to that, good pick-up potential. He's got the line on the thairanchucentre now, too. Those are some impressive fish, all around.

I would inquire at goldfishnet, as I'd bet he's got a bunch of fish like what you want. He tends to only list fish in the $80-$100 catergory in his auction, but when I met him at the Portland show, he was stocked wtih beautiful smaller fish, all types.

Guest Frau Squid

Hey GlassGoldfish, Have you ever ordered a fish from NeoRanchu? I trying to order a ryukin from him and he hasn't responded. Any advice about how to get a hold of him?

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread.

Hey GlassGoldfish, Have you ever ordered a fish from NeoRanchu? I trying to order a ryukin from him and he hasn't responded. Any advice about how to get a hold of him?

Yes, I received fish from him this summer. There's some pics in the current thread titled "new fish . . .no pics" (ironically). Yes, he's been a little difficult to get ahold of lately, he's out of the country. I heard from him earlier this week, and he was planning to be back very soon (I'm low on food, and getting anxious!). I wouldn't hesitate to send another email or two, to get his attention.

Thanks Glassgoldfish, I will try to contact them. It is good to hear 'bloodline' word now. I only see this word in foreign Ranchu club.

Guest Frau Squid

Yes, I received fish from him this summer. There's some pics in the current thread titled "new fish . . .no pics" (ironically). Yes, he's been a little difficult to get ahold of lately, he's out of the country. I heard from him earlier this week, and he was planning to be back very soon (I'm low on food, and getting anxious!). I wouldn't hesitate to send another email or two, to get his attention.

Thanks for the help! I got a e-mail from NeoRanchu today. Can't wait to get my fish!

Yes, all the ryukin he has posted on his website right now are over $100. I believe those Ryukin and the SVRanchu he has posted are ThaiRanchuCentre fish, but don't quote me on it. Don't forget to check out my Ranchu sculptures while you're visiting over there!

Your sculptures are very nicely done.. good job. I would buy one if I can afford one day...

Frau Squid: Your fish is absolutely beautiful. Just give him a good care and be carefull for SBD.

Back to the topic, the ranchu at neo are good but out of my budget scope. So I guess I have to sit and wait for another show :(