Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lepperchan

Fish With Gold Fish

Hey all i am going to return my sucker fish cause he is killing my goldies, and i was wondering what other fish go well with them? any suggestions? i don't want another goldie(too much strean on the tank), a small guy that will clean up their mess preferably?

look forwrad to the advice

but koko, i thoguth that the pelcos were bad? i thought they suck on the fish, like the one i currently have? and i ahve two small snails currently(really small, came with my plants) ? or is it just certin fish that hurt the goldies?

These Pleco's Just those that you see Rubber-nose, Bristle-Nose are good for goldfish they only get to 4-5" in length. I wouldn't place them there if they were bad, believe me. Those are fish that are good for goldfish this is why they are called Compatible fish :D

Common Pleco's are bad.....They get to big and aggressive :(

ahh i see thanks a bunch, i guess i have to go expensive then :D i spend so much on my fishes. o well thanks a bunch, have you heard anything about african frogs? they are kinda cool might get a smaller tank and put one in, if i hear good stuff about them?

Thakns again

DPG

Definitely no on the african dwarf frogs. For one, they are tropical. For another, they are very passive and shouldnt have any fish in with them so theyre able to get their food. And finally, they stay so small that goldfish would gobble them up in a second. Sorry, just not a good idea.

i don't know how small they are, they were about 1-2 inchis long and the dude said they would go good in a goldie tank but, i kidna don't trust him(why im asking you all) but are you sure its not a good idea? cause my fish are still really small but if you say no ill trust ya...?

Cheers

Guest sourmilknightmares

African Dwarf Frogs and goldfish together in the same tank are a big no no. The dwarf frogs are very placid and it takes them a while to find their food. These guys can easily die of starvation if you don't keep a real good check on them. They are also tropical and very much prefer warmer waters. Its over all best to just keep them with other Dwarf Frogs and no fish at all.

I have seen Clawed frogs in with goldfish. I've never kept them so I couldn't tell ya too much...

I saw a post here just the other day about a clawed frog that attacked a goldfish. Personally, I would'nt add anything with my goldfish. I don't even like the idea of snails.

I keep the tank clean myself by once a week vacuuming the gravel, partial water changes and scraping the algae. It doesn't take long and it is part of having fish.

:lol