Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fantail109

Your Favourite Goldfishes

Guest fantail109

Personally my favourite goldfish is the Pearlscale. I would like to have one but after disastrous attempts to care for goldfish, I have decided to just admire them. Besides Pearlscales are very expensive, does anyone know why?

:) I'm not sure why pearlies are expensive, maybe just because they are a fancy goldfish. I have a couple of them. One I got at vvvv a few weeks ago and she was only $3.00. She is small, about 2in long. She is a calico and quite preatty. And seems very healthy. :heart

But I think my favorite has always been Orandas. I just love them and I have many of them. And then who can resist the face of a Ranchu? Those are next on my list!

pearlscales are expensive? the ones i see are always so small i guess they're inexpensive because of that.

i've never owned one but they're really cute!

my favorite is fantails. simple. classic. and the hardiest guys i've ever owned! (whether i should be admitting that or not... haha.)

Supply and Demand are what sets the price. If there were 3000 pearlscales available to a store, they would be .99 @.

Pearlscales are a fancy - and they carry a lot of recessive mutations to make them into the fish they are. This also can make them a bit more delicate than other fish. There are also fewer people who really specialize in pearlscales. They are not considered one of the more "popular" fish, such as Ranchu/Lionhead.

I do not have a specific favorite, but I have come to realize that I find finnage - long flowing fins - to be my favorite thing of all in fish. I also am a fan of dorsal-less fish. Put them together and you get a Phoenix type fish. I think I have to say that Phoenix, and large finned Ryukin, Oranda, and such are my favorites. I am working on getting used to the delicate features of the veiltails - and think they may soon be very attractive, too.

It is all about the finnage on a fish for me. :):heart

:rolleyes: I think that my biggest problem is that they're all my favorites! :rofl

I tend to be quite partial to anything Black/Blue,or Chocolate.I love chubby cheeks and wen.I guess if I had to pick,my top 3 choices would be Lionhead,Ranchu,Oranda--

Carol,I'm with you,I can just picture a dorsaless Blue fish with long beautiful fins. :heart

my favorite i have to say are ranchu's they have big chubby cheeks and their personalities are very cool calm and relaxed course my second fav are oranda's

If I had to pick just one, then my favorite type would have to be a calico oranda

Guest Crush

I love anything with wens and chubby faces. I love blue or chicolates orandas. So my favorite fish would be orandas!

Guest fantail109

My second favourite goldfish would have to be the lionhead.

my fav will go in this way -> Ranchu, Lionhead and pearlscale.

I love Ranchus for their cute little faces and pearscales because of their scales :heart

I love my comets, but every time I see Fuzzy Peaches little Goggles all I can think is how cute he is. I showed him to my boyfriend last night and said not now but in the future I want a Goggles of my very own. He's too cute!

Guest wyattpetgirl

I LOVE shubunkins, their color is s unique! I also like Black moors & commons.

i got a pearlscale for vvvv and it is a crown pearscale.

well i luv all of them :)

I love the ranchu with lots of growth on its head and cheeks--what is sometimes called a lionchu. The lionheads are too straight backed for me. Next is the beautiful oranda--once again it's the wen that get me! I saw somebody's picture of her tank of orandas, and they were so cute, being of one kind in the tank with their fab "brains!" :D

Edited by goldenlady

I'm quite the fan of telescopes and moors, they're just gorgeous and unusual. :heart

Orandas, comets, and commons are next on my list.

my top five go like this: moors (telescopes included), oranda's, eggfish (xD love mine the most), lionhead and last of all....fantails!

all the classics!

I love my fantails the best but if I could have any goldfish I wanted it would be a veiltail. (thought we did this already) :yeah:

I love black moors - so cool looking and orandas...but am starting to prefer ryukins above all others because they are so darn hardy! Little energizers!

I love veiltails but I dont have one, too hard to find. I guess my fave are probably orandas and ranchus.