Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JenW

Finally Set Up My 3x2x2

Well, I dismantled one of my 40's and placed the 90 in its place - it's the same length only 2 feet deep x 2 feed wide so more depth giving me the extra gallons. I only have 7 fish (including my 6 month old fry) in there and won't stock it more until I see whether any of my new fry survive (thank goodness there's still 13) :D My fry are loving it because they've come from a 20 gallon and as they were growing, it was time to give them more water and room.

Here's the tank set up - it's still pretty bare but i've got about 20 plants on order. They'll add a little more green soon ...

3x2x21.jpg

Also I thought i'd redecorate my 40 gallon because it was barebottom for a while. I rinsed out my old black substrate to go for a green on black theme (I had it like this once before but got sick of it quickly - not sure why :hmm )... I hope I keep it like this longer then last time because it's different to my other tanks so breaks up the monotony :D

Black1.jpg

Your tanks are fab Jen, why didnt you enter them in tank of the month?

The white gravel shows the orange of the goldies perfect I reckon.

I love the black gravel look as well, especially if you have white fish.

:heart

Thanks Sands :heart

And I wouldn't enter the 3x2x2 because it looks pretty much the same as 2 of the others I entered so that'd be major overkill :D I'm still not sure about the black on green though so thought it wouldn't stand a chance anyhow :D

:D The tanks and the fishies look great!!! I happen to like the black and the green myself....Probably because I have a few tanks like that. :rofl Throw a few Orange Oranda's in there and the taank colors pop. :D

:heart Thanks Sharon

Lol - you mean change my fish again? :thud I don't think I could do it. I've got 4 males in there - 2 moors, 1 telescope and 1 shortailed fantail and I can barely see my moors .... so may have to reconsider. I wonder what my redcap winnie would look like in there? :D

I think redcap Winnie would look gorgeous in there! Your tanks are so dreamy Jen as always- how many tank of the month awards do you have now anyway :rolleyes: I can see why! I love the undulating gravel in pic 1- thats original, I am presuming its intentional too :D

Thanks Imogen :heart How many wins? 3 i think :rolleyes: And no, I basically put the white substrate in with a bucket and that's where it landed although i did run a channel under the log. It doesn't last though because they forage through the gravel so often it ends up flattening in a couple of days :D

Hi Jen,

You did a good job in the decoration. It looks beautiful. And one of the best in medication also. We love you. Thanks.

Fred

Edited by small_ranchu

Beautiful tanks Jen I love the tank with your fry in its soooooo cool :)

Hi Jen,

You did a good job in the decoration. It looks beautiful. And one of the best in medication also. We love you. Thanks.

Fred

:heart Thanks Fred - and thanks Tinks, Blue and Mrb :D

:) Wow, I love your tanks! Very preatty and I love the colors! The white gravel looks super with the goldfish!

Beautiful as always Jen! I get so jealous looking at your pics because I have no creative mind for that kind of thing. My tanks are horribly dull. Great job! :exactly

Beau-tiful tanks! My daughter is going to flip for the green and black one, she is dying to make our 20 gallon green and black (her fave colors), but so far I have been too lazy to take the existing gravel out.

Thanks for the pictures!

Hi Jen, I was just wondering if the Black Substrate have smooth edges or if they are sharp? I'm thinking of using it in my catfish tank instead of sand :)

Beautiful tank Jen, I so envy you. How do you clean the bottom of the tank though. Big stones at the bottom and I've already got a problem.... :D

Very pretty Jen! You do a great job...Ya know, There should be a job out there for people like you, Setting up fish tanks for other people...LOL. It's looks FAB!! :D

I also love the white gravel, Looks great aganist the Fish. :)

Thanks so much guys :heart I'm going to add my new plants this weekend - they're currently in a tub ready for their 3rd 10 second dip in bleach :D Hopefully I'll be able to get some nice pics out of it.

Erin, I've seen pics of your tanks and they're beautiful so what are you talkin' about girl? :D

Selena, they're black smooth pebbles (very small) and some brown ones accidentally got mixed in. I was going to try and remove them but that would take me about a year :D They'd be very safe for your catfish.

Hope, it's easy cleanin the bottom because the substrate is small so my gravel vac sucks all the debris up easily :D

Dells, I couldn't imagine anyone would want me to decorate. It usually takes me about 5 laborious attempts before it looks even remotely ok :D

very very beautiful tanks. the landscaping is very clever. and the white gravel in that shot looks amazing. you should be very proud.

Thanks guys :D and LOL AW, if I could get them to look even a 1/4 as good as yours i'd be enormously happy :D

Beautiful tank set up so far :D , I love that you took white gravel mainly because theres such a great contrast with your fishes colors that they just pop out. Very beautiful fish too! =)