Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeygirl

Changing The Decor

Is it stressful for fish to change the decor around or do they like that? Would I take the fish out for this and then put them back in?

I hope its not stressful because all of mine would need intense therapy! :) I was not happy with my decor for a long time and was always changing something. I think goldfish like the interaction of our hands in their tanks, mine do anyhow. I think its a little more stressful for tropicals to have the activity going on when we work on their tanks.

As long as your fish are acting normal I'm sure they are O.K. when you change things around. I think taking them out would be more stressful!

That's kinda what I thought too. They always like to inspect and nip at my hand anytime I do something in the tank. Thanks... :)

Same here, my goldfish love to have the decor changed. They are always swimming around my hand thinking its part of the decor :blink:

The only thing that you really have to be careful with,is what you're using(make sure its not sharp and that it's aquarium safe. )The main thing is changing out gravel.People tend to take it all out at one time.,and that's not safe.If the tanks been up quite a while,there's a chance that there could be alot of nasties hidden in the gravel,that you wouldn't want to disturb while your fish were in the tank.Another thing is that sometimes removing all the gravel at once can bump your cycle somewhat. Other than that,decorate away and enjoy. :exactly

I don't so much constantly change my decor but I did treat my Bubble Eye and Celestials tank to a glass bowl to hide in from the currents in the tank and within an hour of me putting it in Bubbles the bubble eye had settled into it in fact they both now sleep in it at night.Then nothing seems to bother those two they just take everything as it comes just like all my fish :)

I will take some pics of their tank tonight and post them no guarantee I will get them in their bowl tho.Tried to catch my moor in his bamboo tunnel and he never goes in when the camera is around.

when ever you do something to the tank it can stress them out, so you only rearange half your tank at a time. also when you are done keep the light out because this can help reduce the stress