Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lepperchan

Keepin Him Black

Hey guys, i have recently noticed that some of my black moor's scales are turning gold :( , and i was wondering if anyone knew anything on how to prevent it from happening, or maybe reverse it!(i will still love him regardless) but i really like having him his dark velvety blackness :D . I hope other people have had good luck with theirs and i hope that you all can help me out; whether it be a food routine, types of food, lighting, plants in the tank, anything that you could offer it would be great and much appertiated... hope you all know more then me and can help...

Cheers

DPG

hmmm...im not a whizz on this topic but it could be something in the genes so then the answer would be you cant do anything because the fishs colour is doing what it has to do. lol.

theres been alot of people on here, where they buy a fish 1 colour and it changes to a differant colour completly.

some1 else will give you some advice.

good look eneway.

Tanya x :hi

yes you can, dye it black :)

Nah just kidding :) - not really funny eh :unsure:

I was curious what your water temp is? I was wondering if temps are somehow involved in black moore color changes. I bought a black moor that was going gold, at nnnnnn, brought it home and put it in my tank and it turned dark black almost immediately, I think the water temp had something to do with it.

Yes, water temp (you don't want it too cold or too hot, I forget which one) and making sure your fish are getting a lot of light (sunlight is the best) will help them keep their colour. Also, if it's only a coupld "gold" scales, scattered on his body, then he may have just bumped himself and lost a couple scales.

Guest Sapphyra

I think there was a discussion on this a while back about natural sunlight vs using bulbs for the light. I have a makeshift rubbermaid tank in my room that has no lighting on it, but it gets plenty of natural sunlight from my window. I have two black moors in there that have been there for well over 6 months now and are still the black velvety goodness..

Hey guys thanks for you input, my water temp is on the higher side i think around 72, maybe thats it and i should put it lower? and my fish gets plenty of light, i leave my hood on for at least 12 hours aday,(from when i wake up to when i got to bed... I was thinking of getting one of those bulbs that help mimc the sun or what ever for my plants and maybe that will help... thanks again and if anyone hears anything else keep me informed...

CHeers

DPG

HA HA the colder it gets the blacker they go! that is the way of the moore goldfish and nothing more.