Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishey-wishey

Just Wondering What This Means!

Guest fishey-wishey

I feed my fish every night about 6.30 ish, I feed them soaked flakes and pellets, sometimes peas and spinnach. As soon as my(two) fish have eaten their food they swim in circles around eachother kind of stroking eachothers scales with the full length of their bodies! They seem to do this for a couple of minutes then they swim off and do their own thing!

I love watching them do this, it reminds me of when I used to feed my dog as a child, she used to get sooooo excited she would run in circles around my legs!!! :krazy:

Just wondering why my fish are doing this!! :unsure:

Forgot to mention that my fish are both fantails and this behaviour does not seem to be agressive! They both get enough to eat and I am sure they are not fighting!

Edited by fishey-wishey

When I feed my 3 fish also they do the same thing. No matter how much you feed them, they are still wondering whether others got more than what each of them got. (at least that's what I think) For a minute or two they chase each other at a very high speed and after that everythings forgotton... :)

goldfish get excited at feeding times and will display breeding behaviour.

they are probally just excited because the got fed. My black moor and fantail always do this

I had never seen any fish do this untill I bought my two baby lionheads last month.. Its like a dance they do every time I feed them or every time I go and watch them. It is so cute to watch them...

That's neat. My fish every once in a while will chase each other after they eat. But they usually "play" by my ryukin swimming above my black moor, and the moor pushing her upwards, then they chase each other and repeat it a few times. It is really cute, but what are they doing? :blink:

every since my two male telescope passed.... :krazy::cry1 , my two female telescopes do that during and immediately after feeding...I enjoy it...for awhile I thought they were trying to breed cause one female laid eggs just a week before the last male passed