Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JenW

My New Fry

If they do turn out to be single-tailed ranchu, me beri beri mucho likie uno plis! :bingo:

:rolleyes: Lucky you Riz....At least you live in the same country,anyway.How far are you guys away from each other by the way? :rolleyes: Just curious. :D

Lets see, about 4 hours by plane :rofl

Yeah, about the farthest away you can be in Australia :D

I honestly think it's some kind of genetic issue - but only time will tell :D

Aww your new fry are SO tiny!! :heart

The 6 month old ones are already beauties, can't wait to see how they turn out in the next 6! :D

:D I'm looking forward to it also - although they're going to outgrow their 20 gallon soon :o Now I have to get an electrician in to give me more powerpoints - so I can set up another tank :thud

:rofl Your house will be lit up like a Christmas Tree!!!!! :o Sort a like mine! :tomuch::rofl3

Jen your babies are so cute and are growing fast.Keep those pics coming :yeah:

Yes pics all the way please! they are growing fast !! I love it that one fry is always a big bruiser..and those little single tails look very interesting with no dorsal...mmmm. I can't wait for them to grow and get colors. The lemony one sounds metcha cute :D

Lol - I was going to go out and take some pics of them but it's started raining :D

I just saw your fry pic;s Jenw, and I loved them. They are so tiny and cute. Those 6month old babies are looking good.

:o So where you been???????? :unsure: I'm starting to think that you have a life after Koko's!!! :rofl

How's the fishies??? :D

Lol - just putting in some ridiculous hours at work this week :blink:

They've grown quite a bit so will be out there this weekend with the camera. I've lost another 6 so have about 19 left now....

Jen! I haven't been on hardly at all lately so I hadn't seen this! New babies, and SO CUTE! Your 6 mothers look great too, those fry are lucky to have you as a mum. And wow, even the possibility of single tailed ranchus...that is definitely cause for a dancing banana! :nana

Thanks Jen :D I did a waterchange when I got home from work and took more pics but photobucket are doing some site maintenance so have to wait to upload them.

I had to pull another 3 dead little guys out today and thought what am I doing wrong? I think it's a lack of aeration. I have 2 airpumps connected to a couple of sponge filters but as the temp's a steady 24, I needed to increase the oxygen. So I raced off to get another pump :thud and set up an airstone and now there's quite a bit of water agitation. I really want to try and hang on to the remaining 16 and see how they turn out...

The strangest thing is several (which doesn't auger well) have whitish growths around the gill area and this is the first sign that all isn't well. I don't know what it means but hopefully the additional air will help them. They've been quite sluggish :(

Ah well, only time will tell what will happen but at least they're in excellent heated, filtered and well aerated water now :)

You are doing all you possibly can. so manypeople seem to end up with only a couple of fry....it seems to be very hard even with a perfect set up. Wishing your remaing babies will thrive :heart .

I envy you, spring/summer just starting up over there :)

Thanks Imogen :D I wonder if there's any data on the survival rate of fry? I'm a bit worried now because before they die, their gills swell and become white and I found about another 5 tonight the same thing. I pulled another 3 out today so the numbers are dwindling. I'd be that happy if 3 or 4 pulled through :)

And spring is finally here although the evenings are still very cool. Almost time to pull the old t-shirts out :D

Just thought i'd update on my fry. Well all the dorsal-less fellas are gone - I think it may have had something to do with the breeding between my ranchu and my redcap oranda :blink: I don't think their anatomy could handle that kind of pressure...

I still have 13 fry left and I think there may be a couple of orandas in there - but am still not sure.

I moved them inside into a 14 gallon hospital tank and set up a cycled hangon filter and airstone - this way I can at least watch them. I tried to get some clear pics of them but I ended up transferring 50% of the tub's water and 50% fresh so the water is too murky to see them properly. I will do daily 25% waterchanges until the water clears so i'll be able to see them better then.

Please excuse the blurry pics but thought i'd post a couple anyhow :D

DSCN12891.jpg

DSCN12931.jpg

DSCN12761.jpg

:heart They're so sweet and chubby!!! Tis a shame that you've lost so many Jen,but in the long run we know it's for the best.Survival of the fittest of course. You have to post the other babies too.I imagine that they're getting pretty big. :exactly

Oh yeah :D My older guys are now in a bigger tank and their energy has increased. They still swim and float together and it's like they're joined at the hip - very endearing but they're loving their new home :D

I think I may lose a couple more of my new guys because they're looking small and thin (like the little moor I lost way back when) but if I end up with 10, then i'd be happy - it really is survival of the fittest ...

They keep getting cuter and cuter :heart It looks like you have a variety anyway..I am sorry about the ranchumix but I can see some of those babies do look different shapes...I wonder...could tehre be another mix there? You have done sooo well to keep these many so healthy. Lovely pics, thanks for sharing :D .

Thanks Imogen :D I think there were more varieties to begin with but i'm not sure who what will be the prominent mix :blink:

I just removed another one so there's an even 12 how - ah well...

Adorable little ones, i hope they'll make it!

Well... this weeks update. I have 11 fry left - 2 of my smaller ones passed away and there's now only 2 tiny ones and 9 larger fry left. Hopefully the smaller ones will do well because they look different to the others. There's a couple that look like they may be orandas but i'm still not sure.

I took a few pics today to show how they're growing :D

DSCN1156.jpg

DSCN1324.jpg

DSCN1312.jpg

DSCN1308.jpg

new222.jpg

Oh these ones look good! A little orange color already!

I didn't have any color change until the age of 8 months!