Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JenW

My New Fry

Well, I was outside waving off the cement dust from the neighbours renovations - it was flying over my fry tub and I noticed they like the sun :D

So I thought I'd try and take a couple of pics - although they're so small the pics look a bit silly :rolleyes:

Here's my biggest fry

DSCN1165.jpg

And a couple of blurry shots of them in the sun

fryinsun.jpg

fryinsun2.jpg

They seem to be enjoying the outdoor tub now and with a bit of filtration running - the water is staying a bit cleaner... Oh, what the hey - here's a pic :D

Tub.jpg

Aren't they just the tiniest? :D

I had the day off work today and I ended up just sitting there watching them for a while - they've got loads of energy and eat like pigs so I've a feeling these guys will grow bigger much faster then my first batch :D

:heart

Theyre so cute Jen!! I can see them just fine, the pics arent at all bad!! :D

Thanks Erin - I thought it would be a bit ridiculous showing these pics but with the sun shining on the tub, it was the best I could do :D

I think I have a couple of dorsal-less fry in there.... ranchus? I would be that chuffed if it were so :D

Chuffed you will be if got ranchus :druel :

Oh fry fry... :D I love them! You get really good pics in the sun don't you! Cute!

Very cute. The sun will make them grow very fast! Fun if you have a selection in there.. :D

Lol thanks guys :D

I think as the eggs came from 4 different tanks there could be a strange mix. But I did lose about 30 in total so it could be my telescopes that come through at the end. They always seem to be the hardiest.... although i did see 2 that are growing fins without the dorsal. I would be so happy if there's a couple of baby ranchu's in there :D

They are cute :heart . You are so lucky to have them. I never have one yet.

:) Oh, how I love little babies! I'm so glad you decided to take the pics and show us. They are really cute. :heart Can't wait to see how they grow.

:bounce Woo-Hoo!!! I think I am as excited as you! :rofl They were the cutest Jen. And some are "Dorsaless" to boot....Man I can not wait to see them grow some!!! :heart

Thanks guys and Sharon, this time around I'm even more excited. I think it has something to do with not knowing who the particular parents are :D

Eeeeek - I just have to run off as my calico ranchu is being shoved into the plants by 5 males <rushes to save her> :thud

:unsure: Well.....Anymore eggs to add to yet another tank/tub? :rofl How's the Calico girl doing?

:yeah: Update please! :rofl

Lol - I think they were just trying their luck with her but no, no eggs :D

The others are doing great and growing more each day - I will try and get some more pics this weekend. I think the tub (now that it has some sponge filtration) is doing them the world of good and I can still count about 17 fry :D

I just did a waterchange on the tub and ended up putting some of my fry into a smaller tub to take some pics and the strangest thing - there's about 3 with single tails :blink: I don't actually have any single tailed fish :D I think it could be a bit of a defect - but hopefully they'll do well.

I put 17 fry into the bucket for a pic and that still left about 8 fry - so roughly 25 in total. This includes my new smaller fry that I think will be orandas... or ranchus... or who knows? :D

Here's a couple of pics I took today :D

DSCN1238.jpg

And here the pic that shows a couple of single tailed fry :o

DSCN1236.jpg

And here's the bucket with 17 of them

DSCN1233.jpg

Oooh, so cute, I remember when mine were that tiny, seems like ages :D I love fry! :heart

Last summer I had a couple of double tailed fry, but I couldn't make them survive. :( I don't have any double tailed fish!

Edited by OldHag

I love fry too :D

I'm hoping that my single tails survive - they seem to be doing ok (I'm sorry you lost your double tails - they would have been wonderful) I think part of the enjoyment is watching them grow. I have 1 fry that I couldn't get into the bucket and he's abnormally big... He's about twice the size of my second largest and he's really fat. I must try and get a pic of him. I'm still amazed at how different their sizes are and the varying rate of growth :D

I took a couple more pics of my 6 month old fry who are finally starting to get some size. They're now 1.5 inches in body length and have shot up since the weather warmed up some. I've gone back to twice daily feedings now their metabolism is working a bit faster..

Here's a couple of pics of them

DSCN1195.jpg

DSCN00522.jpg

And I just love this face

DSCN1196.jpg

And one more:

newfry.jpg

:D

Oh no, they are adorable!!! :heart:heart Cutie, cutie.... and so on... I'm so silly! :rofl

:D They look so adorable. Now this is where having patience is so hard. :rofl When Won was born,I knew for sure what he was going to look like but with your guys-who knows!! I hope they grow fast!

Those 6month fry look fantastic Jen--That 2nd pic is sooooooooo cute!!! Is that fish more white?

I know, this patience thing is killing me :D

My second biggest is now nearly all white and the orange and black one was black to start off and is now turning orange. I think he'll end up white also because these colour stages are identical to the first 2 :D The oldest is now turning into a true telescope - his eyes are starting to protrude so he's looking quite cute and very lemony...

With the new fry though - I'm really looking forward to seeing how these little 'mutts' turn out. I'm still trying to figure out who the one big fella belongs to. He's a good 1.2 cms now while the others are about 4 - 5 mm smaller :D

Hey hey Jen, what if the single-tailed ones turn out to be single-tailed ranchus?? :yeah: Do u check if any got dorsal fins on them?

I think you could be right Riz. I took my good old magnifying glass out there and these are the ones without any dorsal. The others have tiny dorsal growth while these don't :)