Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fefe

Floating?

Guys,

I wanted to check is floating realted to water quality or just food?

Few of my fish get extremly floaty after their meal i am giving them peas once a week and skip their meals often, after a fast of 24 hours they seem ok (i mostly have Ryukins) and i know ryukins have a lot more swim blader problem then other normal goldies.

So my question is Floating a water quality problem or just food (i soak the food for 10-15 min before feding mostly i feed them pellets) and i m feding Hikari Gold Floating type.

or is it that Summer is better or winter is better for floaty fish?

Love

Rafaqat :panana

Guest stevensp

since the floating problem always occurs when u feed them, i think most probably will be becoz of yr food. Maybe try changing to sinking pellet?

sinking pellets make a loooooooooot of mess and i find lot my small ones dont get share...and ans to my qustions? :huh:

I seem to be constantly given fish that have floating problems. I have found that bad water quality will almost always cause floating problems sooner or later, particularly in orandas, ryukins and such. Floating caused by severely toxic water does not seem to be reversible. At least I have never had success yet.

But.....floating problems can occur even if the water quality is good and always has been good. Some fish just have problems. This is usually controled with food care (as said in posts above).

A couple of my fish also are very suseptible to floating when the nitrate levels get high. One goes when it hits 20+, the other is good to about 40+. I keep these guys in a tank together that gets twice as many water changes as any other tank, just to keep the nitrates low. They do not float at all. I use sinking food, a regular regiment of peas, just to make sure.

I need Help again.....i have tried changing 50% water and peas and Garlic but three of them still floating i also tried fasting them...could anyone gide me if cold water is good for floating or warm water as in winter the tank temprature is fairly very low. asn can salt help?

thanks in advance for help.

Love

Rafaqat