Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sea

He Kissed Me!

I hope you don't think I am too weird but I am so happy and wanted to share - Freckles just came up and kissed me while I was cleaning his tank :) . Then he kind of hung out near my arm for about 10-20 seconds before happily swimming off. None of my fish has ever done this before. I like to think it is his way of saying "thank you" for finally finding a good food and getting him healthy again. And I thank all of you :heart

That is wonderful! Fish are really so rewarding and much more interactive than non-fishkeepers would believe. Thanks for sharing :)

Thats great news. Theres nothing more rewarding than having your fish show how much they love and trust you :heart

How fun :D It's a great feeling when your fish respond to you like that.

Cool. Ill have to try and get my fish to kiss me

Aw, that's ace. My red capped oranda comes up to me quite a bit and usually "kisses" my finger.

Saying that, in my tropical tank: a leaf from one of the plants had come off and floated to the top of the surface. I went to reach it out but my little group of tiny danios attacked my hand! :(

:D That's great sea.I have alot of "Kisser's" myself,and as much as they do it,it still brings a smile to my face.Glad to hear that Freckles is getting back to his old self. :)

Lol Sea - I read the title and thought, shouldn't this be in Chatterbox? And who kissed her? :rofl

Isn't it wonderful when they trust you enough to approach you? I have several fish that aren't shy and tend to get in the way during waterchanges as they just want to chase my hands around the tank :D

So freckles is doing ok now?

Thanks for all your kind words - I haven't told my family yet since they would think I was nuts but I knew you all could appreciate it :D

Freckles seems better then he ever has since I got him a few months ago and he has such a sweet "fishality" :heart He just seems to be supersensitive to food and I think that may have been a big part of the white poop problem he had for so long. If only he could have told me it would have been so much easier ;)

my oranda (lumpy) actualy "spits" water out of the tank at me sometimes when i feed her!

(not very polite) :rofl

Chyna, my albino telescope, spits at me when I feed here too...goldies do the craziest things. Goldie, my gold telescope(though I think they call that breed red) spends most of here time watcing me when I'm laying on my bed. I think they both are missing my two males(mainly Blackie) cause that used to chase them around the tank and play tag a lot. Glad your goldie is back to full health

That is so cool. How do they do that? By nibbling your hand or something? :)

p.s. Sorry I haven't posted lately, my computer crashed and then rebooted itself, and I was confused about how to log back in.

Thanks for the help Koko1 :D