Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kissy

Why I Love Kokos

I admit that Koko's is not the only forum I visit. There are a couple others...I am a moderator for one, and the other I visit just to give a bunch of mislead people some advise to help their fish. I don't think I can even stand to visit that last forum anymore. There is only one member that has ever showed me kindness and taken my advise. All the rest are complete brick walls. I end up repeating the same concept over and over again and no one acknowlages. There was one thread about how a member was constantly battling ammonia problems. Granted, she was doing more than one thing wrong, but there was another that no one had mentioned but I had many times before on previous threads: adding zeo-lite to filters. I admit, maybe I got a little frustrated there because no one ever listened to me, but its just not logical to keep zeo-lite in a filter you are trying to cycle! I was put down for suggesting that she remove the zeo-lite and one member told me that some of the advice I had given to other members was questionable or wrong. I just can't get over this forum...they purposefully use table salt with iodine and anticaking agents (like Yellow Prussiate of Soda), add zeo-lite to cycling aquariums, overstocking with non-compatible fish etc even after I tell them why they should not. I just don't get people like that and they really frustrate me. I could care less for the people, but I just hope their fish will be okay. Ugh sorry. RANT!

I'm just really glad we have Kokos. People here are so much nicer and actually acknowlage good advise. This will always be my home :heart

Jeepers! That forum you mentioned sounds way off track. That's why the mods and Koko are quick to correct/counsel members who regularly circulate bad information. I guess not everyone agrees with the way we do things either, we are always open to new ideas and discussion but do not compromise on the basic principles of goldfish care.

It is gratifying when people take your advice and their fish benefit and then the person stays on board and becomes another valuable member of Koko's helping other people. We have great members on Koko's. :exactly

Kissy,all you can do is try.You can tell people advice over and over agaain,but if they're not willing to listen,or be mature enough to realize that they may be wrong,well then there's really not much else that you can do. When they start losing more fish than they keep,maybe then they will open their eyes and realize that they may be doing something wrong.we try to help to keep the fish from suffering,but some people refuse to listen.Try and NOT let it frustrate you too much.I tend to take things personally myself,and you really can't do that.You have to look at it as'Well,even if I only help one",you can feel better knowing that. We can't always save the world. :(

Aw Kissy! At least you tried. Some people in this world just aren't worth wasting your breath on hun. Don't let it get to you. Forget them! We are SO much cooler anyway's.... :lol: Dev's said it all in her post! :)

This will alway's be my home too, I can't see myself going to any other forum and enjoying it as much as I do here. :heart We have a lot of wonderful member's here with wonderful advice, and open heart's and mind's.

Hi guys. I joined Koko a few days ago after looking for someone to help me with bringing up fry. I was referred from a UK based website for Animals and Nature Questions.

Anyway, being a new gold fish owner (not that new but started last year....) I had lost a lot of fish in the first three months and was devastated and my husband told me that that's the way gold fish live.

I started searching around the web last year and found that gold fish are supposed to live for 30+ years!!!! I was amazed and had to further learn how to keep them alive. I am left now with 6 beautiful fish (3 different kinds) and they are quite happy. Still learning to keep them but have succeeded not to let any of them die which is the first thing that is important to me right now.

Nobody in Hong Kong cares much about gold fish and they buy them for fung shui reasons which I totally disagree with. Basically, if you keep odd numbers, they are good fung shui but unfortunately, they die quicker for some weird reason such as, the gold fish are absorbing the bad luck of the people taking care of them. Hence, I decided to keep even numbers now.

4 of the other goldfish I bought from the market where they were placed in a plastic bag with air. These small goldfish were supposed to be given to bigger fish for food (don't know what other fish would eat them, really) so I decided to save them.

They were really tiny when I got them at first, around 2" and god bless them, 3 of them are 3 1/2" long. But one of them is ill (fin rot) and never seem to have recovered but still quite strong, is about 2 1/2" long.

The other two original ones that I have now for 1 year are quite big 4".

They made fry a month ago. I only got to save one but died on me when I accidently put methylene blue. Then last week I had 30+ fry and all hatched but some died a few days later and the others I accidently put them together with the big tank in a small plastic hatching tub but they unfortunately went through, so they're dead too. Yesterday I found more than a hundred fry egg but none had hatched this morning.

(Sorry for sounding a bit clueless but this is my first time with fry) Still waiting.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Hope :) I am going to bring this post's attention to a Mod, They can move it to the right section of the board, There you will get more attention for your needs.

:exactly

This is a wonderful forum, if not a bit addicting! (OK, very addicting!) Ive met all sorts of wonderful people. :heart

i respect every piece of advice anyone gives me on this site, i am only starting out and i am aware that people here are very good at this sort of stuff

Kissy, are you talking about other goldfish-specific forums, or just aquarium forums in general? The general aquarium ones tend to have as many different opinions as there are types of fish, it seems to me!

What I really think Kissy mean's is a couple fourm's in specific that are bothering her, The one in particular. ;) It seems to me that the one that she trie's to help on does nothing but argue and do the opposite anyway's. Frustrating!!

I :wub: Koko's .Such a wonderful place where I am constantly learning new things.This place is my home from home I have to be here at least once a day to chat with the wonderful people here I have made friends with and to help other people the way others have helped me. :) Long Live Koko's :heart

:) I love KoKo's, not only for the info, direction and major HELP, but for the friendships that we all develope with people from all over who share a common interest and love, that being our fish. I do not believe I have ever received a negative response or ill information from anyone here. People share what they know or point you in the right direction. Also many of us do not have friends that are even interested in fish so here at KoKo's we know we can explain or share something about our fish and people will respond with interest and care. I do not visit other goldfish forums just because of time involved and I feel happy with everything and everybody here. :heart

Thanks to all here! :yeah:

It's getting so soppy and mushy round here lately :rolleyes::heart

Kissy that sounds a lot like the situation I was in, y'know when I PMed you about that place where they were all ganging up on me!? ..and y'know I kept trying and finaly got through to a few of them and sorted it out, well if I can do it you can! Go kick some butt girl! :lol:

We all love and appreciate you Kissy! :hug

I'm sure some of your efforts are actually appreciated on the other forums, you just don't get the feedback you should.

Even if you've helped one person, that is quite an achievement.

I like Koko's too, I don't really use any other forum and from what I gather they can be quite unfriendly at times. There is generally a nice feeling here, I know we often say it, but it is almost like a big family :exactly

Well I joined Koko's after comparing Koko's with other sites. I would say Koko's is different and much better than the other sites. Most of those are boring and they are not as warm and friendly.

I love Kokos too, I'm totally addicted and I have to check in here everyday. I want to read the news, to check if the sick fish get better and so on. And I feel that I am among people who are just like me, crazy about goldfish!!! :lol:

Hope, just in case you cannot find your thread, Devs has helpfully moved it to Breeding....

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=50427

With luck we can help you get those all strightened out........

:)

:rolleyes: Thank you Carol,I meant to mention that to Hope.I have gotten myself hurt at work this week and have been in a bit of pain and not thinking too clearly, :krazy:

Oh dear are you all-right Sharon? I hope you are looking after yourself....

There is courtesy here and respect for each otherI think the Mods here are good at monitring that and setting the tone. People who really care about the smallest of lifes creatures seem to me to be the nicest people of all :exactly

Thank you Imogen.You are right-people who love their animals like we do ,are the nicest people around.

I've missed almost 5 days out of seven.Apparently ,I screwed up my Lumbar. :rolleyes: I swear on backs,that its impossible to know to what affect. They've given me some pain killer and muscle relaxer,which I haven't gotten yet,and I have to go on Thursday morning for some sort of therapy. Basically,I have felt almost fine the last four days-- mostly because I've done absolutely nothing. :lol: However I picked up a water jug to water a few houseplants,and I could feel it starting into a spasm. :blink: I put on a pair of high wasted shorts,and that hurt it. :krazy:

Anyway,I have a feeling that this is a slow process-even though the dr. gives the expected "Back to Normal date as 9/15/06 :lol:

Thanks for mentioning it. :oops::BTT

It's weird that I just saw this on my screen....Sorry Devs that I ask so much of you...I did not know you were hurt. I hope you're doing better. It's just that I really cannot sleep thinking about what I should do next with both my existing "Foosies" (as I call them) and their "boomies". Gross...isn't it? LOL.

I love them to bits and have to stay awake to make sure the "Boomies" are doing alright...

Thanx guys for your support. This site is the best thing that "Animal and Nature" from the UK suggested me to go to.

I agree with everyone else that this forum is THE BEST! :exactly