Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tazz Knight

Telescope Breeding

My telescopes started their mating season tuesday...they spawned for the first time...I dont know how many there will be....many of the eggs were unfetilized...but I say a few that were still clear...will keep you gues posted

wow how exciting! I love telescopes, cant wait to see ur baby pics!!! good luck :)

thank you...I hope the few eggs that were claer survive.....I am looking for the lil squigly swimming....the might be hiding in the center of the giant plant

I am always surprised how many fry actually come from "a few" eggs. There are always so many more fry than you think, looking at the eggs and estimating how many you could have is pretty tricky. I didn't think I had more than a few dozen fertilized eggs from my wakin batch, and when I separated them two days ago to give them more water, I counted roughly 130 or so. Eyes can be so tricky on ya... :lol:

Telescope fry should be interesting, especially the anticipation of how many actually turn out with the telescope eyes. Keep us posted, Tazz... :thumb:

every now and then, I spot the one fry that seems to liek to hid in my big live plant(which is laying sides wast in the 10 gallon tank that is half full). I am not sure if I should leave the plant in there cause he seams to be eating well off of it or if I should take the plant out(which I fear doing cause he might get stuck in the stick leaves....lol)...I think it might be 2 fry though cause the other day I looked and one time I saw one color and other time I saw the color I'm used to seeing...maybe it wa the sun playing tricks on me cause I had the blisnds open