Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SnBMeg

Bubble Wall Fun

Yesterday I was doing rounds by my tanks, and I noticed something odd about the tail of one of my goldies; there was what looked like a small white spot on the top center, which hadn't been there earlier. It didn't look like much, so I wasn't really worried, but of course I wanted a closer look at it just in case. After a short wait the goldie swam by the front of the tank and I was able to get a good look.

It was bubbles!

This particular fishy has the normal doubled caudal fin, but hers doesn't split down the center, so she's got this nice little upside-down pocket that makes a surprisingly good bubble-catcher. Lately she's been playing in the bubble wall a lot, and now when she does she often comes away with a small collection of bubbles under her tail, which gradually drift out at she swims along. ^^ It's very cute to watch.

Guest SuiSui

:lol: Oh it's sounds so funny and cute! You should try and get a picture of your fish with her collection of bubbles!

My fantail tries to eat the bubbles that's on the surface. ^^;

wow..that seems fun...I think I will re do my tank and add bubles for my fish to have fun....just got to pick some good plants that my orandas and telescopes will like

hehe that reminds me of ducky my ranchu, he will go in the line of bubbles,let himself fly up with it and then eat the bubbles,after that he will spit them out and go back and do the same,its quite amusing to watch :D

One of my commons will surf in the bubbles from the bubble disk but usually just at feeding time when I'm in front of the tank. He must be thinking 'Maybe if I swim around like nuts in the bubbles, the big guy will see me and give me more food'. It's really funny. He could be at the other end of the tank, I'll walk up, and he will swim all the way over just to sit in the bubbles

i can relate my two little orandas have the same thing only mine will let the bubble hit his butt and go up along the fold in the two tail parts together it is soooo funnyhehe

my fantails love my bubble curtain too. they look like they are having so much fun riding the bubble wall.