Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
colin tai

Fung Shui

Hi everyone....!

It's been a few months since i lock on to this site again. Just wondering whether any of you thought of placing an aquarium anywhere in your homes would affect your luck . Some says it indirectly affect your mood or the good flow of air in your homes.

I'm no that suspicious but has anyone thought it before.....out of curiorsity...? :rolleyes:

:D Alot of people do seriously practice Fung Shui,so I'm sure that you may hear from a few that have purposely placed their tanks in specific areas.I happen to have quite a few tanks,so I kind of place them where ever I can fit them now a days. :lol:

lol same Devs! Living in a room the size of a cupboard I kinda just have to pile them on top of each other :D My room is very un-feng sui!

I might have a go at making things look nice when I move out..

I beleive in some of the basic principles of Fung Shui but don't really practice it. I have tanks it every corner of every room so at least one must be in the right place. Some of the laws of Fung Shui are just silly though, like a certain fish bringing luck and putting them in certain places bringing you money or whatever....it's BS. I do beleive that putting things in certain areas will bring about better balance or maximize the flow of good energy but I think it's based more on how a person feels than any sort of set rules. If it looks good to me and is in the right place for me than that is whats best for the energy and balance for me and my home.

Edited by sandtiger

Well my main goldie tank is oposite my bed nice and relaxing way of going to sleep.Tho the timer turns their light off before I'm asleep.Well all my tanks are on timers.Plus I love watching my loachs antics he's so funny.

Otherwise tanks go where they fit.Just having my fish has brought me luck.

I do believe that having water and plants inside the home increases good chi. having a fish tank is like bringing the natural world inside, and thats definately good :)

Guest Gemini528

Feng Shui states many things concerning your home, backyard, how the front of your home should look, and lots of other things. A lot of it has to do with promoting good luck, wealth, and one's mood. True, many people practice feng shui, and they believe it will improve their lives. Granted, some ideas may seem farfetched, but it shouldn't be called BS. Feng Shui is simply Chinese superstitions. Superstitions may or may not be real, but no one has gone about proving them. I'm sure each culture has its own superstitions; we have some ourselves.

I personally have my aquarium placed in a feng shui location. It's only to promote good chi. Besides, the aquarium looks nice in that location, and I would place it there even if it wasn't feng shui.

WIth all the fung shui stuff of do's and dont's, it does really gives a bit of headache if space is limited. Anyway, i once experience a true incident whereby i think it involves a bit of fung shui or supertitious on them fishes.

It was said that that keeping fishes as pets can ward off bad luck or illness or even certain death. My uncle had kept 5 goldies in his house and one day he was warded for having stroke and the doctor said it was serious. His family thought for the worse but when he pulled through after a few days and was send home, his family was shocked to see the goldies had died the very same day .

I would put it to them goldies having been neglected for the past few days ,not being feeded and so on but my niece vowed that she had not neglected the goldies.

One year later, the same thing happened, my uncle had another stroke and the process repeated. My unckle recovered , went home and discover the repleced goldies died again. Two same occurence.....???

It may seem strange and unbelieveable but it was said that the fishes had taken the brunt of the bad luck or illness off it owners. But sad to say that the third time my uncle was admitted, there was not to be a repeat of same and my uncle died. I guess the suffering was just too great for him.

Some of you may not believe it but anyway this is just for your info only as there might be logical explaination on the happenings which i may have not noticed.

They say that if you keep 5 orange goldfish in a tank it is meant to bring luck. I read that in my Feng Shui book. It didnt mention how big the tank should be which is a bit dissapointing as people may go out and cram 5 GF in a 10 gallon tank :(

They say that if you keep 5 orange goldfish in a tank it is meant to bring luck. I read that in my Feng Shui book. It didnt mention how big the tank should be which is a bit dissapointing as people may go out and cram 5 GF in a 10 gallon tank :(

They also recommend a black one in there as well, I cannot remember why. They also suggest arowanas...fish that most people reading a fung shui book probably shouldn't buy.

They also recommend a black one in there as well, I cannot remember why. They also suggest arowanas...fish that most people reading a fung shui book probably shouldn't buy.

:rofl That is very sad, but true.

I think in their country, black symbolizes all that is good etc, while white symbolizes evil and bad luck. Quite the opposite of what you'd think ;)

I don't believe that fung shui directly affects luck and success in life. I believe balancing your home and garden with the right shapes, sizes, elements, and colors in an artistic and clutter-free way makes it look relaxing, pleasing to the eye, and helps us all breathe a little easier. Fung shui--> Less stress--> inner peace--> success!

Edited by Kissy

An interesting thing about superstitions is how they differ round the world. You'd think Chinese superstitions would be similar to Japanese but they are not. Same with other countries in Asia. One lucky thing in one place is very unlucky in another. Some overlap sometimes. In Japan bed heads should face any direction except North which is the position dead bodies are laid out (North facing)and is extremely unlucky. But Fung Shui might have you put the bed facing North.

It's amazing how diverse the Asian countrys are. The number of religions alone is astonishing.

I always have my bed facing the door :) Its never next to it.

I don't believe in superstitions & I am doing fine.......Knock Wood! :lol:

My mom told me that the aquarium should be facing a door. I don't know why. My aquarium faces my front door.

Some says that there should be 9 goldies in the tank, 8 gold and 1 black. I wonder if the sucker (black coloured) count as one.....???? <_<

my mom (im chinese) told me to put 9 goldfish in my tank too. but i told her i dont have enough room. so she told me as long as i dont put 4 in there is fine. 4 sounds like death in chinese and its not very lucky. im just wondering if it goes per tank..or total fish...i have 5 in the main one..2 in the hospital tank, and 5 tropical...

Edited by disaster999

I'm very suspicious about feng shui. I don't really believe in "chi", but I do believe in harmony. I think of the tank as a TV, or a painting. It should be placed so that I can see it from many different places in the room, but not take my attention from the other furniture.

As Blue was saying about beds facing doors, it's simply a way to get better rest since you easily see who's coming. For the very same reason you shouldn't let couches and chairs face the opposite way of a door. If you have to, place a screen or a bookshelf behind it. :)

A superstition I've heard is that it means bad luck to name fish.