puggirl

Whats Your Oldest Fish And Breed?

125 posts in this topic

My oldest gold fish is 5-6 years old. She is a comet who started off in a 5 gallon tank with 5 other goldfish...oops. All of those goldfish died unfortunately, but Mable (my boyfriend named her haha) continues on!

She lived in a 5 gallon tank, miracuously, for 2 years while I was in college in Pennsylvania. I graduated a semester early, so she lived with my Aunt and Uncle in the area during holiday break for a month (with ZERO water changes!!!) until she was moved to my boyfriend's apartment (who knows how well he took care of her too...).

She has survived a total of 7 total moves in her lifetime, including a long 5 hour drive from Pennsylvania to Maryland, and Maryland to Virginia. She is our little survivor for sure! She now lives in a 29/30 gallon tank with a fantail, Niels (2 years) and was housed with another fantail, Magellan (2 years), who has recently been moved to another tank due to a severe pH crash (which they all survived luckily!)

My oldest goldfish were a white common named Ed, an orange common named Butthead, and an orange and white comet named Beavis. All three were 8 and a half years old when I had to rehome them to a 4 acre goldfish pond near my work. Although it was sad to let them go, they got a good home with plenty of live plants and aquatic insects to nibble on. Plus the other goldies to congregate with

Oldest goldfish is 27 years owned but I don't know how old he was when I got him.

Oldest goldfish is 27 years owned but I don't know how old he was when I got him.

You have a 27 yr old goldfish!? wow! Have you posted any pictures?

I had a 4 Y/O veiltail oranda. He unfortunately died from dropsy in October. I miss my Bubblehead.

Yeah there are some pics of him in the pond section ...he's the one that looks old. I've got at least 4 goldfish that are over 15+ and a couple of catfish that are really old as well. Giving correct conditions a proper goldfish should live 20+ years easily.

Yeah there are some pics of him in the pond section ...he's the one that looks old. I've got at least 4 goldfish that are over 15+ and a couple of catfish that are really old as well. Giving correct conditions a proper goldfish should live 20+ years easily.

are all of these fish single tails? Any fancies?

are all of these fish single tails? Any fancies?

Gosh no .... I had a black moor that lived about 11 years once but that's the longest I've had a fancy type live.

Fancies are geneticaly mutated so are predisposed to many health issues that do not bother normal goldfish.

8 year calico fantail... Rocky.. she's still with me :)

Lisa, a fantail, is about to turn 9; both Bart & Spot (ribbontail & fantail) are now 7.

I worry every day that they will start passing away as I have heard that the average age in captivity is 6 to 8 years :(

My oldest fish is my fantail/ryukin Watermelon.. She's about 1.5 year old. :)

crabs1_zps7bed9478.jpgMy oldest fish is 10 and still going. hes a common gold fish

this is him

2 year old fantail, named pine needle/Mic. Fins

Actually not pine needle, blackychan.

My oldest goldfish was Spot, a comet with extremely long fins (his tail fin was almost as long as the rest of him). He died a few weeks ago after living with me for 8 years, I don't know how old he was when I got him. My oldest fish was Spazz a dojo loach which, between my brother-in-law and I was in the family for 10 years. Spazz died earlier this year. Both wound up in a 55 gallon, gravel bottomed tank with live and plastic plants, large river rocks, driftwood and 400gph filtration. That being said Spazz started in 10gal, Spot in 33gal. Both experienced various tank upgrades and two cross province moves. Spot was about 5" when he died, not including his tail. Spazz was about 8" long and as thick around as my thumb. I miss them both.

Actually, it's strange to say that I miss Spazz so much. We took him from my brother-in-law because he outgrew the tank, but when we got him he creeped me out so badly that I flat out refused to clean the tank or even go near it when the lid was open. I fed the fish as quickly as possible, barely having the lid up and I made my husband do all tank maintenance. It took me almost 2 years to get over my squeamishness -- after a rather strange experience with an 'escaped' 2 1/2' eel as a child I was terrified of a) the loach jumping at me and b) getting bitten (it didn't matter that Spazz couldn't bite me. Logic was not in play). In the end though Spazz became one of my favourite fish.

Hi I am Tohru my oldest goldfish dory she is 5 years old goldfish going to be 6 year old soon in September. I love my goldfishes.

I have a bowtank 72 gallon with 3 other fishes. All 4 goldfishes are healthy. I have

fake plants. Dory is a Comet and the rest are Commons. Dory is the orange goldfishes. Sadie white goldfish,Waffles white and has a red spot on her head,and Sally is white with a orange dot on her head. I have 4 girls I think not sure.1167937_10201654219257963_1378437872_n.j1085464_10201675099459955_158556014_n.jp565858_10201675067259150_597923311_n.jpg

1079354_10201675086459630_1128170501_n.j

My longest oranda ever lived still lives with me but it's only about 1-2 years

My oldest goldfish is currently Chubbington, and he's only around 4 months old. So far I've managed to go his entire lifespan without a single illness! Let's see if he can break the record for healthiest fish ever! :D

I had a common goldfish (1")which I won from a fairground in a bag in 1990, he lived for 16 years, he was a good 9" from the age of 2 and was this size when he died

He lived in a 2' by' 2' cube it had the largest available internal fluval filter and a bubbler... Bear in mind this was years ago and before I treated my fish like they were my own children... I used to put him in a bucket of water while I emptied his tank completely and replaced all the water with tap water (makes me feel sick to write it, I would never do that now!) :( anyway, he had a very long and happy life and will post pics when I find some as it's been 8 years since he died!

I had a common goldfish (1")which I won from a fairground in a bag in 1990, he lived for 16 years, he was a good 9" from the age of 2 and was this size when he died

He lived in a 2' by' 2' cube it had the largest available internal fluval filter and a bubbler... Bear in mind this was years ago and before I treated my fish like they were my own children... I used to put him in a bucket of water while I emptied his tank completely and replaced all the water with tap water (makes me feel sick to write it, I would never do that now!) :( anyway, he had a very long and happy life and will post pics when I find some as it's been 8 years since he died!

My oldest goldfish was Hermie that I won at the county fair when I was like 8 or 9 years old. He lived for 5 years through 2 moves into new houses and we didn't know anything about fish back then, so I say that is pretty good!

My oldest goldfish is Comet the Comet (creative, I know). He is 11 years old this month. He started out with 2 other common type goldfish in a 25G. D: He has developed the most beautiful tail. He is now in a 75G! :D I hope to move him to a 125 within the next year. I love him so much.

8551034564_bfd4d15367_k.jpg

Do you have a picture that shows that tail?

8561105072_f56eb17afc_c.jpg

Sorry the quality isn't great! D: This is the only one I can find at the moment, and I'm not able to take pictures of him recently, since his tank is at a friends house while I recover from my accident. :( I should be headed over there this week, so I'll take pics then.