puggirl

Whats Your Oldest Fish And Breed?

125 posts in this topic

My oldest fish & still living is a cichlid (Tropheos likoma to be precise coz there are lots of cichlid types). He's 4 yrs old & living in a planted 10 gal aquarium.. He was a juvenile when I got him from lfs. It's color is metallic blue with dark zebra stripes, during his growing-up phase, the blue color is slowly turning to yellow. Right now he's grown to 8 inches, turned it's color to a full yellow with faint mark of stripes.. Because of him, I learned a lot about aquarium keeping & keeping the fishes health..

BTW, his name is Architect coz he has his own way of designing aquarium gravel & small white stones.. Aquarium has an undergravel filter & 30-50% weekly water changes..

The oldest fish in my collection is a Black Moor. He is of an unknown age. I recently picked him up for $20. He was kept in a 20 gallon high tank with gravel, heater, plants,decorations, undergravel filter, hangon filter. The lady mistook his breeding spots for ick and was treating the tank. He had one scale just hanging on and was infected. He just laid on the bottom. He was also most likely suffering nitrate poisoning. He is in a quarantine tank and has been treated. The infection is cleared up and he has become an active swimmer. He is about 10 inches long. He in currently being kept with a large Blue Oranda. The will both be moving to their new tank soon.100_0529.jpg

My oldest was my common Fred I won at a carnival as a child, and he was 14 when he died. He was a good 13 inches long (Not sure exacly, but he was over a foot when mom tried to measure him during one episode where the tank burst at 3am) He lived with Sparky, a fantail who was about 10 inches and lived to be 10 years. We started them each in a critter keeper (oh little did we know) and mom finaly bought a 10 when they started to grow... then a 20... then a 29... and finally a 55 when she said they were going in a lake if they kept growing! (kidding!)

My oldest currently are Haily and Hale Bop who are about 8. They are both orange commons, 12 inches and 10 inches :)

My oldest fish is ... or should I say was ... Old Man Bob, 14 years old, died today :( Got beaten up by the Evil Pleco!

OMB.jpg

14?! That is amazing. I am sorry for your loss Robisa.

The oldest fish that I ever had was a Danio. He lived for seven years! As far as goldfish, I think the longest I have had one is two that I currently have. One is a black moor (she has turned orange) and the other is a Ryukin. I've had them both 28 months.

I'm guessing Helo is around 2 now. Hoping that's only about 1/4 of his life span.

I have two albino cory cats named "Pete" and "RePete". I've had them I've had them 15 years, which I didn't think was possible.

I wanted to add to this topic! Spot, my big ole white Comet. I got him in 04 while visiting my daughter I notice a little white goldfish IN HER TIGER BARB TANK!!! :krazy: I scooped him out & brought him home in a bucket. I could hear him thumping around in there!! I got him home & plunked him in my tank. There he has been ever since. Eight years!!

((His name is Spot because he HAD one small orange spot in one side!))

I got Narmer in May 09, at a wedding. He was the centrepiece at the table where I was sitting, and the youngest person at the table got to take him home (I was 21 at the time). He lived his first few weeks in that vase, until I did some research and realized how bad that was. He's at least 2 1/2 now, probably closer to 3 since I don't actually know how old he was when I got him. He's big and strong and I hope he has many, many more years left in him.

Oh and I'm pretty sure he's a fantail/common mix.

The oldest fish in my house right now,or the one that's been with us longest, has got to be my sister's blood-red Vein-tail Betta,which she bought August-ish of last year. Came home,put him on the computer desk in his cute little 1/2 gallon bowl,and there he stays. Gotta watch your fingers around him,though. Fiesty little sucker.

Goldie-wise, I think the oldest has got to be one of my pearlies, Tweedle Dum. He's about 3" tip to tail,and is one of the original 3 I bought after I got my tank.The other pearlie,Tweedle Dee, is 2.75",so I'm assuming Dum is older because of being bigger.(On a side note,they really don't look like they're 1/4" apart,they seem like they're the same size.Lengthwise,at least.)

I had a common goldie, Stinky, that was 12 yrs when he died. I am assuming it was cancer, due to the tumors that started to develop when he was about 11. Never affected his swimming pattern, even though it was about the size of a quarter when he finally died.

Now, my fantail Taiyou is my oldest at 6 yrs. Purchased very small.

My ryukin is next, was at least 3 when I got him (was sexually mature), and I've had him 3 years now.

Ryukin mix, Freckles, I've had about 3 years, judging by the photo records of when she shows up in pictures of the tank. Also bought small.

Golfball / Pingpong (whichever comes to mind first) my pearlscale I've had 2 years and bought very small, so it might be 3 at the most.

My new wakin I bought in February, and its quite lanky looking. I think it's a 2011 model.

My oldest is Chee-to. He's a Calico Oranda. :rockon He's 8 months old

Edited by kozu_888

Chee-to

DSC_53672.jpg

My oldest fish is still with me. He is my orange fantail Frodo pictured in my signature. He was 6 years old on the 6th of April. He lives on his own in the 39 gallon tank which is half barebottom and half green glass nuggets at the moment. It has a Eheim Pro 3 2080 filter, eheim air pump and 2 air diffusers. I also have a small heater in there keeping the tank at 72 F. Incidentally his "birthday" is the same day as my daughter :)

My oldest goldie is Roosevelt, the chocolate pearlscale in my avatar and I got him in January of 2010. He was a decent size when I got him but he gets larger and large all the time it seems!

This is Sting who I got as a teen, to be honest I don't remember buying him at all, he was just always 'there'.

He lived in a bare glass tank for years until I started reading up on how to keep fish! Ironically, he was treated the worst but lived the longest, bless him. He was about 12 when he died, but by then he had his own very large tank with plants, bubbles and a filter.

Not the most stunning fish, he was stunted with a bad eye, but I do miss the wee fella.

Picture052.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture049.jpg

When he was ill with 'the worm' in his hospital tank

My oldest goldfish right now is 0 seconds! :krazy:

My oldest Fish only died 3 weeks ago and her name was Goldie and she was 13 when she died plus 6-8 months when she was bought so I was 3 when she was bought from the shop.

She was a comet and she commited suicide when she died in a 55 g tank with a 12.8 year old fantail who died of old age but goldie was 4 months older than him when they were brought even though we got them on the same day

Goldie was a HUGE 14 inches and the fantail was 8 inches from tip to tail

also no live plants and gravel

My oldest *goldfish* are Feebas and Seeking. I've had them about a year, I think. They were "fair rescues" and currently live with a friend in her pond. They're around 6 or 8 inches, judging from pics I get to see of them on FaceBook :) Dispite their horrible background, they've always been healthy. Feebas just had some ammonia burn on one side after 9 days in a bag at the fair, but its healed up now and you wouldn't even know if you saw him.

My oldest in general is, Gambit, my halfmoon betta. He's probably 3 or so years old. He's become a pain in the butt in his old age lol

My oldest goldfish is Samson the black moor. I've owned him for four years, my cousin had him for three years before that .She got him when she worked in a lfs and he was given back to them because he had ate the contents of a man's tank. (He was about 4 at that point). So of course he lives in the tank on his own , is around 11 yrs old and will most likely out live us all.

My oldest fish aren't goldfish, but I have two tetras that are both 9+ years old now! They live in a 15 gallon, and are the oldest fish I currently have. Then there was my cat fish, he lived to be about twelve, but passed away last year ;(

My oldest fish is a telescope eye I've had for around 6 years. He is very hardy. He went through being in a 5 gallon with two other goldish (A Fantail and a shubunkin) and a snail with a small filter, then an overstocked 30 gallon (I had about 9-10 fish at one stage I think). He survived when I introduced Ich into my tank by not quarantining new arrivals, and survived when I lost about 5 fish in a month from an unknown illness. He lost an eye about a year ago, still don't know how that happened and he is still swimming around happily, though he is a bit more shy since he lost his eye.

There was a time when he and two others got a fungus infection and I thought it would be ok to just put them in a 5 gallon with multicure. Woke up the next day to find them all gasping for air and turning blue around the eyes and mouth. Put them straight back in the other tank in a panic. (They all ended up ok)

For the past year he has been in an 80 gallon with 5 other goldfish and is doing great. I've had live plants sometimes, he loves to eat them and pull them up though. I've always had gravel in the tank and over the past two years I've added air stones.

So Google was one of my original three, that survived everything I threw at them when I didn't know what I was doing (and thought I did) He is the only one of my remaining three left (One died from a huge fungus infection and one in the unknown outbreak that killed half my fish)

(I also think Google is actually a girl but I've been calling him a he so long it's stuck :P)

Edited by FishyMandy

Hi Goldfish lovers!

My only goldfish is probably 2 or 3 years old, I am not very sure. I have it for less then a year. It's my "morning positive mood charger"- before work time I just drink a cup of coffee in front of the tank for half an hour and believe me after that I am ready for work. My goldfish's name is Doggy because every time when I came closer to the tank it shakes the tale like a dog waiting for food.

So Doggy is approximately 4,5 inches.

picture029gw.jpg

picture030i.jpg

picture031auv.jpg

Mr.T is my oldest. Hes about a year old. Hes a (i think) veil tail Black moor. And Hes huge..

Here he is... In a bit of an odd image... (Thats a Tetra tank nibbler for those who wonder)

jB9oh.jpg

he is a commet called primo lol thts my user name 2 he is alive now 2 with his bro wich is 1 day younger he is 7 yrs old and he is 10 times bigger than a great white wale lol his birthday is 10th of october