puggirl

Whats Your Oldest Fish And Breed?

125 posts in this topic

I recently lost my shubunkin pond fish "Spooky"... :( He was 18 years, three months.

My oldest breed is a black moor that is about 2 1/2 years old. he is the fish on the right

ok my signiture is messed up

My oldest fancy is Cracker, and I'd have to guess that she's about 1. All of my commons and my comet are all about 1 1/2, maybe 2 years old.

In sadness, to respond to your post, our Rudy passed away last week having graced our lives for more than six years. He was a "prize" carnival fish, which I do not condone, but we gave him a most excellent life! He outgrew a 10 and 20 gallon tank, only to upgrade to an 85 gallon pseudo-pond. He was soooo cool as far as fish friends can exist. We miss him greatly . . . long live Rudy!

My oldest fish are 3 commons that I bought almost exactly 3 years ago. I "rescued" them from a feeder tank with the idea that I would use them to start up my tank. Back then, I had no idea they would live this long with hopefully, many years to come. My youngest is the calico oranda in my avatar. He's about 7 months old (I can't remember for sure)

Here are more of my pics of my black moor, goggles. He's 2 1/2

myfish.jpg

Guest kscoleman

I have 4 out of 8 common "feeders" that were sold to me 11 years ago to cycle (can you believe it!) a new 40 G for tropicals. Well, I didn't want to give them back to get munched on so they got a new permanent home with me. (I have Finnigan, Moon, and 2 others I can't recall their name but they are written down somewhere-heck I can't keep my 3 sons straight let alone 25 goldfish!) One of them went from all orange to all white about 3 years ago over the course of 1 year. 3 are girls and 1 is a boy. I recently took the the 3 girls out of the boy tank because my other boys (mostly orandas) were chasing them down and even though they were comets and faster, I felt they were outnumbered. The girls are in a 135 G and the boy is still with his oranda buddies in a 50 G. Hope he doesn't miss the girls tooooo much! I am saving for a 90 G acrylic for my boys.

I have artificial plants and the 135 is bare bottom but the 50 gal, has a small amount of river rock so it is not so bare looking.

The 135 has a Tide Pool, and the 50 has a HOB Aquaclear. I feed Peas, Spirulina, Shrimp Pellets, Pro-Gold, FD Bloodworms and TetraFin Flakes.

Guest rdteacher10

Our oldest goldfish is a plain old feeder goldfish, Swishy, and we have had her for over 4 years. Our other two are about a year old, and our adopted one I have no clue. Swishy is definitely the best 33 cents I have ever spent! :heart I'm interested to see how long everyone else's have been around!

Guest Miki

My oldest fish is Sting; he?s about 7 or 8 now.

This is him in his hospital tank when he was ill with white spot last year.

Picture054.jpg

Sillo.jpg

Ill but still ruddy hard to photograph. :rolleyes:

He does'nt look very heathly there at all does he :cry1

My oldest fish were a common, Periwinkle, and a shubunkin, Speckles.

I had them for 7 years in my bedroom when I was about 7 until I was 14 or so, and loved them dearly.

Periwinkle grew to be about 6 inches but Speckles never grew more than 3 for some reason!

They were in a 30gallon tank and I never had any health problems with them, apart from them both having fin rot when I bought them but it soon cleared up with treatment.

They were the best of friends and would keep me awake at night rearranging their gravel and would beg for food constantly!

They died when I was on holiday for a week with my parents. My uncle (who I hate, mainly due to this!) was looking after them. There was a heatwave and I'd left a fan for them during the days, which he left off, despite me saying they needed it. I felt really bad about it afterwards, I'm sure they would've lived even longer if he hadn't let their tank overheat. :( They are buried next to my outdoor pond with a rose bush over them.

Edited by Carolinedoodle

My oldest is my fantail, Charms. By my guess he's about 9. I think his growth was stunted by bad water and cramped living for the first 5 years of his life. I got him from a friend, and the water was so dirty you couldn't see the fish (she found out she had two when she was searching for him, and I ended up with them both. Lucky died about a two years ago from dropsy). Now he lives quite comfortably in a 90 gallon with his common friend, Flint. Both will soon be enjoying the company of my new pearlscale, Bruce. ^_^

Charms.jpg

Edited by Aftran

Guest cher

How do you know how old your fish is when to purchase them? I got mine in January

you cant really tell. it all depends on genetics and the condition they were kept in before you got them. I said a while back when i was a noob that goggles was about 2 1/2, but really, he could have been less than a year. R.I.P. little one :(

my oldest fish is probally peaches, even though there isnt a really good way of telling. He is an all orange short-tail ryukin. I visited about 10 stores looking for a fish. peaches was at the first store. after all the stores, peaches stuck in my mind, and i went back to get him. His name is peaches because in person, he is a really peachy color. He is about 5 inches with tail

STA70344.jpg

Mars - Fantail. I got him on 15 November 2005. So a little less than 1 1/2 years.

Holy crap! My oldest fish was a freak then. He was a shubie named mongo. 20in long and he was 13yrs when he died. That was five yrs ago and I still miss that fish.

I've had Lloyd for almost 3 years, but I don't know how old he was when he magically appeared in my tank...

mine is wizz'et a common 7years old 8 after chirstmas

My oldest is an orange and white common named Ed. He's about 4.5 years old. Although I bought him at the same time as Beavis and Butthead, I like to think of him as the oldest since he was the largest at the time. Here he is next to his buddy Butthead.

jacuzzi.jpg

My oldest now is my two big girls, Pharoh was my oldest lived to 8 years old.

Both girls I bought as adults so I dont know exactly how old they are but they are both about 7-8" long. I have had fiona for about 3 years and Princes for 2 years now.... :D

My oldest gold is a comet thats 18 years (19 march 2008) It's a male,and has become my little buddy ever since my parents decided when i was 5 that i was old enough to not overfeed.He survived the travel from Ny to Florida in my lap with his little battery powered filter my dad created just for the occasion(god bless that mans heart,he's so smart)When i was 10 i decided he was lonely so i bought him a mate to(be married to,hey i was 10 cut me a break)Ever since my comet goldfish collection has expanded and grown due to my compulsive issue with conning people out of poorly treated comets,and his and his mates offspring.Lol guess loving goldfish is more contagious then most parasites eh? :wub:

My oldest goldfish is Godzilla (a sarassa commet). For the past 2 months she lived with me in a gravel bottomed tank with probably seven of her children. She 's 3 years old (I asked the previous owner). I think she lived for aproximately 2 years in a very small and dirty pondlike thingy and eat everything that fell in it. She's 4 inches to tail base, this gives 7 inches including tail.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/q...ke/PICT1770.jpg

my oldest fish is Lady Fish who has lived with me for 9 years now. She is a beautiful long finned orange comet.

My Oldest Goldfish Is my only goldfish Sammy, he's nearly 8 years old :) He's lived on his own for almost all of his life and i'm too afriad to get another fish with him incase it hurts him! I don't know what gender Sammy is but I've always presumed a boy lol. I keep him in a normal goldfish bowl (a large one though) , whenever I say this people assume i don't take care of him properly, but he's very happy, and has never had a filter or anything and does perfectly without it with room to swim. I got him a filter once before but he was getting sucked into it poor thing! So I had to get rid of it and he's just in a medium size plastic tank :) He's never been very ill and i've only had to give him medicine a few times. He used to get a red fin at the base and twitch alot but then i realised i wasn't supposed to wash his bowl with any kind of soap, since then he's been perfectly healthy and he's still growing strong :)

p.s Sammy is a common :D

Edited by nicoleclaire