Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brock

Chasing After Feeding!

Guest Brock

Well, this has probably already been covered numerous times here, but after searching I couldn't find it, so I thought I'd ask anyway.

I've got a chocolate fantail and a red/white fantail, and both are approximately the same size. After feeding they seem to get very excited and one will start chasing the other around the tank. This will go on for a while before the other one starts doing the chasing.

And then, a little while later they calm down again. It kind of reminds me of when little kids are given too much sugar and they rush about like maniacs before crashing out completely!

Is this aggressive behaviour? Is one trying to assert its dominance? Or is it just playfullness?

I would like to think it like sugar rush :D

my goldfish like to chase each other too...esp aiming for their butts.

Guest kaylesthenutter

i had a questions answered about this a few weeks ago... they are probably just arguing over food....agressively

Guest Brock

my goldfish like to chase each other too...esp aiming for their butts.

Totally!

Guest Fred Sambo

my fish do that as well!v :lol:

Guest WinstonSmith1984

Mine do that.I think that they just want :krazy: more food and are excited.-Winston

my fish also do it, but they never seem to hurt eachother :krazy:

Do you know the sex of your 2 fish? Butt nudging is also a 'breeding dance' sort of speak. My fish do it once and a while... but not after eating like you've said

:lol: Because it's around feeding time,I think it's just the "Little Piggie's " worried that they're missing out on a crumb or two. :rolleyes: At least that's how mine look. :lol:

My goldies are a little bit crazy after feeding, it's probably fighting for leftovers... :lol1

I think Devs is right. Mine do that too. In fact Flame who is smaller than Bubbles, tries at pushing him away from the food and chasing him afterwards. Bubbles is just a really sweet manered fish and I guess Flame knows she can intimidate him. Most of the rest of the time they swim around together and hide under the bridge ornament together. I guess Flame is just a little piggy