Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ranchugirl

Finally - The New Fish!

It has been a while, and I have tried since yesterday to post this now, so lets see if it finally works.... :)

The first one I got at the pet store today, while hubby dropped of some of his koi fry. This is not a small fish, about 8 inches, and has a 30 gl tank all to himself. He needs it too! :lol: Poor thing was covered in fish lice in the store, and I got a discount if I pulled the lice off myself. The owner is a friend of mine, and I help her out with her goldfish sometimes.

Anyway, after a salt dip, pulling off all the lice (around 8), and nice meal the big guy has perked up. Or maybe its a girl, don't know yet, but definetely has the belly of a girl.

NewRedOrandaKerry.jpg

Then there are a few from the new fish I got yesterday afternoon from Goldfishworld on Ebay. Now, the oranda is a big one, around 7-8 inches, and the pearlie isn't much smaller with about 5 inches. They were in the shipping bag for almost 24 hours, and after the Fedex guy drove around with him in Florida weather all day long, the temperature in the bag was extremely warm. I had to get both out really fast, they were kind of doozy already. As of about an hour ago they are both still just sitting there, which I pretty much consider normal after such a trip. I noticed the pearlie breathing really heavy, but a scrape with the scope turned out nothing, but I didn't want to bother him with a gill scrape. So, just as a precaution, Parasite Clear went in there, and all of a sudden they are swimming! :happydance . Anyway, here they are...

GoldfishworldFishies.jpg

Isn't that the cutest face? I think I call this one Chubby for obvious reasons... :rofl3

GoldfishworldOranda2.jpg

Here is the pearlscale - nice tail and body shape, and almost perfect scales. Saw only one missing scale so far, which is pretty good considering his size.

GoldfishworldPearlie2.jpg

Here is also a link to the little fry, which are turning 3 1/2 months next week. 3 of them are still olive color, while one is gonna be a calico. They all have dorsal fins, considering that one parent is a ranchu, the other a telescope. Funny thing - one has the body confirmation and hump of a ryukin.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Ranchugirl/Fry%202006/

Here we have mommy....

BigAlsTelescope.jpg

She is a telescope I got from BigAls back in February. His daddy is a chubby cheek ranchu from KimmyKoi.

post-6-1149783760_thumb.jpg

Oh, fantastic fish, adorable little calico fry! :)

What a lucky ducky you are Andrea!

What beautiful fish you have. :) I absolutley adore Chubby, Just wanna pinch those cheekies. :lol: The Pearlie is too cute also, I just love the look of them.

Everyone looks healthy and happy! They'll be happy with you. :heart

Great looking fish, Andrea!! Chubby is so adorable and I love the roundness of the pearlie. :heart

:lol: Woo-Hoo Pics! Those look like some pretty big fry Andrea. :lol:

Chubby is soooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! I crack a smile everytime I look at him. :heart

You really do have some amazing fish.

OOOOOOh, you are so lucky that I am so far from FL. or you would have to keep Chubby under lock and key! :rolleyes: ! What an adorable face :heart . Your pics are even better then the ones from Goldfishworld!

Congrats they are all beautiful!

Guest Shubunkin Queen

After seeing those pics i wanna a oranda and a pearlie now. :krazy: Must resist the temptation until I get a bigger tank. :rofl

Finally Andrea! :lol:

I looove the pearlie's colouration! Very very nice indeed ;)

What great fish and your fry are doing nicely. Your pearlie looks just like my Queenie II. :)

ps. my eyes are swimming and the glare from the screen is so bad sometimes I can't see the writing. I am sitting here wearing sunnies. I wonder if the new board is brighter or if I'm getting a migraine?

Lovely fishies Andrea, congratulations! :newfish

Under your expert care I'm sure you'll have them fighting fit in no time!

I love Chubby too.... :D

OMG Andrea - they're all so beautiful. But my favourite is definitely Chubby :heart It's been a long time since i've seen a face so cute ...

PS. I love the front on view of your fry - that's such a great shot :D

Wow, fantastic fish, Andrea! I really hope the two from Goldfishworld recover back to normal in no time. They look very stressed at the moment, but both still look awesome!

PS. Your mommy fish really does look like my two new little ones with that silver/gray colour!

Told you, Awrieger - they could be twins! :lol:

Actually, Chubby and the pearlscale do so much better today. I added some Parasite Clear yesterday, although I didn't find anything under the scope, but didn't do a gill scrape. After that, they are all much more active now, and hungry.

I have to say that I haven't seen such a cute face like Chubby's for a while now. Was a good week indeed... :happydance

Yippeeeee!!! The pics are here!

Gorgeous fish Andrea. And the fry are just adorable! :heart

Andrea,

I've been waiting to see pictures of your oranda from Goldfishworld. That is one beautiful fish! I hope to see more pictures of her. :heart

Oh that oranda is just adorable with those chubby fat cheeks. congrats on your new beauties