Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2befree

Petland Discounts Sale 55gal & Stand For $99.99

Hey everyone. Went to Petland discounts today to check on prices of different size tanks and stands. They are running a sale on their 55gal. tank and stand together for only $99.99. Forget the 45gal. I am now home seeing what furniture I can rearrange so that I can get the 55gal. Hope things work out. Will keep you posted. :lol:

Guest Luke Anderson

:o if only my petland had deals like that ;)

good luck i hope you get the tank you want :D

Get it as fast as u can, WHY WHY WHY - i paid $200 for a 55 gallon :o:(

Guest kbreese
Get it as fast as u can, WHY WHY WHY - i paid $200 for a 55 gallon :o:(

$200 for a 55??

Petland around me has a 55G with iron stand for $89 all the time.

Aquarium adventure has AGA 75G tanks for $88. (just the tank)

kbreese,

You are very lucky. Most of us don't have those great deals. I paid $85 for my 55 and $90 for a solid pine stand and in my area that is a great deal.

Guest kbreese

I just found out they have AGA 90's for $137 and 125's for like $158.

For the record, Aquarium Avdenture is owned by Petland, Inc.

Edited by kbreese

A 55 with stand and hood is about $299 here Canadian. I wish I could get one for $99 :P That would be awesome.

Jessica

Guest RobFriedman
I just found out they have AGA 90's for $137 and 125's for like $158.

you are right,... there is an Aquarium Adventure here on Long Island.. and they are owned by Petland.

which is NOT Petland Discounts.

btw the folks are AA are real helpful and knowledgeable

and when you hunt.. I've found in a few PD's there are some Aquarists who actually know fish. they will sell the small goldfish in small tanks.. but never recommend it. i've talked to them about size.. and all say you will need a larger tank.

and for AA.. ex: I have 2 Eclipse System 12's and 1 Eclipse system 3.

I was looking at some real pretty Shebunkins in AA for the second Eclipse..

AA asked my tank size and said no! (I ended up with a small calico fantail and a blue oranda.. both are pretty small) the Shebunkin would have gotten huge FAST!

(I know it's kinda tight.. but the fish are doing very well.. and the water tests great in ammonia and nitries and ph)

for my little 3 gal.. I've been wondering what to do with it...

maybe one of the very small feeders?? until it grows and I have to get a newer tank..

would just love to be able to use the Eclipse biowheel filters I have.

Guest RobFriedman

Ended up getting a (yes) THIRD Eclipse System 12 for the two Comets. AA had it on sale for $88.88 (got a stand for around $30)

so now I have 3 Eclipse 12's and 1 Eclipse 3.. The 3 has nothing in it... each 12 has 2 goldfish... first has 2 fantails, a gold one and a white one...

second has a Calico fantail and a Blue Oranda...

and the third has 2 comets (what I call "rescued" feeders), a gold one and a black and silver one.

i was close to getting the 55 gal with stand from Petland Discounts.. which was for a 55 AGA with a stand...

with an offer of $20 off the 48" hood (usually @$99) plus I would have needed a new filter (I was thinking of either the Marineland Penguin 330 or the Emperor 400.. not really sure of the difference...)

but the total price would have placed it at around $240-260 for the tank/stand/cover/filter.

then again.. I could have placed all 6 fish into the one tank...

and then I would have had 2 very pretty Eclipse 12's sitting here....

plus I needed 4' of tank and was actually worried about the 500+ lbs of weight there...

hope I did the right thing... at least I got the two comets out of the Eclipse 3

I figure eventually I will look into a big tank for all

Rob

$99 for 55 and stand is a great deal, most petstores want that much each! not both! I did get a 29 for $50 and it comes with hood and light and me+dad are building our own stand for that :)

Hey guys,

Went the other day to pick up 55 gal. with stand and it was $89.99. Was only able to get tank, stand and glass top. Wanted the hood with light but that alone was a $100.00 by itself. Glasstop was $42.99. But don't know if that was a wise decission. Went online and saw that a light strip was 129.99 for the 55gal. :blink:

Followed touchofsky instructions for transfering fish from one tank to the other. It has been a couple of days now and fish look fine. Enjoying all the room they have now. I have a blue oranda , 2 commets, and a calico fantail in tank. Would like to buy one more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Will be keeping close eye on water conditions and fish for a while because they had more than a 50% water change in the transfer. Went from a 20gal. high tank to a 55gal. BIG Difference!! I have a AC200 and a box filter for filtration. Can't get the AC500 until after Christmas.

I want a whole new look in decor. Would love to buy river rocks to ad to the tank. I am open to any suggestions. Will show pics soon. Have to borrow cousins camera. I am so excited. I have to get use to the big difference in tank size. One thing I've noticed is that I can see my fish a lot clearer. :)

I wouldn't put anymore fish in your tank with the 2 commons. Remember,

they do get long.

I don't know your lighting needs/wants, but you can get a full hood for less than that ($42.99 for the glass + 129.99 for the light).

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...&Np=1&N=0&Nty=1

Even if you wanted a glass hood and striplight, you could order them online for less. Look into it - you might want to take the glass top back.

Thanks HappyGoldfish for the link. Will purchase deluxe Hood. I have no live plants right now so lighting should be fine. I do perfer Aquaglo bulbs. Can't return glass top. I already cut the plastic part to make room for filters. I will either try to sell it or put it in storage just in case something unfortunate happens to my deluxe hood.

Guest aliandpie

RobFriedman...get a betta for your empty 3 gallon and save it from a life in a cup! :cry1

Guest DireSoul

Hey JessicaandMarshall,

just wondering what part of canada you are from. I'm from Calgary, Alberta and there's a great little LFS called Gold Aquariums. Currently they are selling a 90gal tank with a glass top for $149 CAD including GST. (thats about $100 U.S. Dollars). And if the owner's get to know you, they'll easily drop the price a bit more. Last year i picked up my 67gal for $85 ($57 USD) but i'm a regular there (usually charges $90 for that if i remember correctly)