awrieger

Your 'before & After' Pics

647 posts in this topic

Mars is the only one of my fish that has shown any significant difference. Spaceboy was about 1 1/2 inches when I bought him in April 05, now he's about 2 1/2.

Here is Mars a few days after I bought him on November 15, '05. 1" long. (sorry it's so big, it won't resize.)

Mars-GotonNov15-05.jpg

Here he is in spring of '06. 1 1/2" long. I call this his 'Hitler' stage since he has a little mustache and it looks like he has a toupee.

Mar2.jpg

Here he is a couple days ago, tripled in size since I bought him 10 1/2 months ago. 3" long.

Mars.jpg

Desi and Elton a year ago:

newpictures50031.jpg

Desi and Elton tonite, not ready for their pictures........

aaadesiandelton.jpg

Elton then:

new50tanktake2021.jpg

Elton now:

aaaelton.jpg

My guy with the BIGGEST change: Jonah a year ago:

49e64db5.jpg

Jonah tonite:

aaajonah.jpg

three times the size, half the color.......

Hermie, the rescue fish that the pet shop was going to dispose of a year ago with his fry buddy, also a rescue:

Hermie003.jpg

a not very clear pic, but a much healthier Hermie tonite:

aaahermie.jpg

Noah, our albino last year:

Albino005.jpg

Noah today

aaanoah.jpg

Cass then:

86349c96.jpg

now:

aaacass.jpg

Golda then: 12gal007.jpg

now:

aaagolda.jpg

and just for grins, a fly by pic of my albino frog that started out last year the size of my thumb. he's not the size of my hand LOL!

aaafrog.jpg

Edited by tinker

tinker! Wow, what a difference a year made of Hermie!! :heart Very beautiful!

That tail is something else, isnt it? I'm shocked he lived frankly! He went through a number of bouts of ich for awhile, but got through that too!

We're upgrading, again....... to a 125 gal for Desi and the crew, and Hermie, who's been in the 12 gallon eclipse since we got him will go into Desi's old 65 gallon. I suspect he'll shoot up in size in there! :)

This is spooky, I was thinking about a month or so ago "Wonder what ever happened to that little moor that was a rescue?" I kid you not - he was so distinctive I remembered him well, especially his little dorsal. And then I stumbled across this thread and can't tell you how chuffed I am to see how well he's doing :D It makes you realise what great care and excellent conditions will do, especially for a unique little fella like Hermie :D

:) Everyones pics are great!!!

Tink,I must say that your fish are beautiful!

I love the odd coloring of Elton,what a beauty for me. :heart And Hermie,man what a change there!! :heart I like Jen ,was wondering if he made it.He looks like a whole new fish for sure.Lovely.....

All your fish are doing so well-I'm soooooooooo proud of you.

This is spooky, I was thinking about a month or so ago "Wonder what ever happened to that little moor that was a rescue?" I kid you not - he was so distinctive I remembered him well, especially his little dorsal. And then I stumbled across this thread and can't tell you how chuffed I am to see how well he's doing :D It makes you realise what great care and excellent conditions will do, especially for a unique little fella like Hermie :D

I'm going to try to get a better pic of him later, that one really doesnt do him justice. He's gotten quite beautiful with that flowing tail, even if his body is kinda 'stumpy' LOL! :D

Desi spent HIS first 8 years in that Eclipse, and I attribute a lot of their health to keeping them in there while they're small, as for some reason, that tank has always been the one I've had the most luck in for raising and maintaining the little guys.

We're a little concerned about taking him from the 12 gallon to the 65 gallon, but I think he'll do well in his new home.

:) Everyones pics are great!!!

Tink,I must say that your fish are beautiful!

I love the odd coloring of Elton,what a beauty for me. :heart And Hermie,man what a change there!! :heart I like Jen ,was wondering if he made it.He looks like a whole new fish for sure.Lovely.....

All your fish are doing so well-I'm soooooooooo proud of you.

:D:D Thank you!! Elton's 'sequins' have just gotten bigger and brighter, and I dont think i've seen another with quite his coloring. You guy's helped me name him aptly! :exactly

Of all the guys I got last year just before I began posting here, ALL are still with us except the little fry in that pic with Hermie who died a few months ago for no good reason that I could tell. I havent been around in awhile because my mom became really ill, she had a few strokes, and life just took over. It was kind of cool to see this thread and be able to post the pics, as seeing them every day as I do, I didnt even realise the big changes that have taken place! Joni looked at the pic of Jonah and forgot how much black he had when we first got him too!

Noah too, rescued from a feeder tank was so tiny and kind of a sickly yellow when we got her, and now she's huge and white with bright pink eyes and one of my faves! LOL they're ALL my faves!!

This thread is a great idea! :D

Edited by tinker

I orignally posted before and after pics of Fred Jr. sometime ago, but he has changed so much since then that I had to post an update. He's about one year old now.

Fred Jr. just after I brought him home

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br553/fred1.jpg

Fred Jr. at 5 months old

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br553/fredjr1.jpg

Fred Jr. today...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br5...eyearfredjr.jpg

I orignally posted before and after pics of Fred Jr. sometime ago, but he has changed so much since then that I had to post an update. He's about one year old now.

Fred Jr. just after I brought him home

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br553/fred1.jpg

Fred Jr. at 5 months old

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br553/fredjr1.jpg

Fred Jr. today...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br5...eyearfredjr.jpg

WOW he's pretty!! Okay, dumb question: How do they see with the wens over their eyes???

Question for you: Is the yellow goldie in your siggy line actually yellow?? I've been trying to find a lemon goldfish for YEARS! I'm so jealous!

His left eye is still uncovered so he can see out of that eye but can't see very well if at all from his right eye. I think when the wens cover the eyes, the fish can usually still find food by smell and remeber the layout of their tank, so they're not always bumping into things.

The little guy in my sig is more of a very light, pale orange or dark yellow with a slight orange tint depending on how you would describe it. You probably could call him a lemon yellow. He is a "feeder fish rescue" that I bought that was originally an olive-greenish-gray color but over time he's changed color to the pale orange with a white belly. He's about 3 years old now.

Here's a more recent picture of him

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br553/Beavis-1.jpg

Guest Brock

flotsam-banda.jpg

I was amazed at how quickly Flotsam changed colour after I got him home. But the guy at my lfs said that all goldfish are born black. Is this true?

Edited by Brock

post-10035-1162088448_thumb.jpgthis is Dickey tonight I think he is bigger don't you?

post-10035-1162087846_thumb.jpgthis is Dickey when I first got Him. that is a standard size post-it note.

Here's my calico ranchu (Tumbi) when I first got her

calico2.jpg

And this is her now (she's also the mother of some of my new fry :D )

DSCN1884.jpg

And here's another of my ranchu's (Chubbs) when I first him

DSCN0698.jpg

And now he's turning orange :yikes

DSCN1882.jpg

And Wilbur, my blue oranda when I first got her (I thought she was a he)

DSCN0012.jpg

And now

DSCN1011.jpg

:D

And now he's turning orange

hmm, interesting. It's great...

Wilber is too cute with the cheekies!! Im also a big fan of Chubbs, WOW! :heart

:o Jen,you did not even tell me that Chubb's was turning orange!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: Well he's still a beauty and I love him.

And Tumbi....What a pretty little girl.I don't remember seeing her before.She's really filled in though ,hasn't she?

And then there's Wibur......Even with that :rolleyes: name,you gotta love her,She is the fish that I'm looking for!! :heart Is she as dark blue as she looks in the pic? :heart

I was amazed at how quickly Flotsam changed colour after I got him home. But the guy at my lfs said that all goldfish are born black. Is this true?

Beautiful pics everyone, all non calico fry are born "fry colored"! :)

here is mr brain. all his scales came back, and hes not a stick any more. hes getting fatter. his wen has also grown a little.

when i got him

STA716001-1.jpg

now

STA720532.jpg

she looked cuter before with the black around her face but she still looks cute now

before

2003_0101Images0130.jpg

after(not quite as cute but whenshe faces you(not in front of a camera(of course) ahe has the most adorable face)

DSCN1265.jpg

it is hard to tell but can you guys see a little bit of lettuce pompom on her(it is very small and is easier to see in person but still)can you see it?

*edit*shes an oranda by the way(eventhough she doesnt have much of a wen to prove it)

Edited by ilovefish

Yay!!!! i have been so looking forward to finally being able to post in this thread!! I have just found an old pic of Goldie to compare to new pics.

Before: approx 7-8 months ago, 2 1/2 inches long, 1 1/2 inches at his 'tallest' point (from belly to where the dorsal fin begins)

post-8553-1164237765_thumb.jpg

After: a few weeks ago, after spending summer in my pond, 5-6 inches long, 3 inches at 'tallest' point, and very fat!

post-8553-1164237757_thumb.jpg

post-8553-1164237739_thumb.jpg

(shame about the missing scales, but he is healthy apart from that)

Edited by katmad