awrieger

Your 'before & After' Pics

647 posts in this topic

On the suggestion of others here, I've taken the liberty of starting this Before & After thread for you to post your pics of how your fish has grown and inspire the rest of us. :)

There's often not much difference over a short period of time, so I think a minimum period of 6 months between the before and after is probably a good time frame to really see the differences.

To try and make it as educational as possible for newcomers, it would be great if you could also list your fish's diet, tank size, number of fellow occupants, filtration, water change regimen, and anything else relevant if possible.

So please post your beautiful goldfish here to inspire us all! :)

Edited by awrieger

Hmm, does this include fry? :D

Here's a little baby ranchu I bought in Dec 04. When they are so small, it's virtually impossible to tell how they'll turn out - hence I named her Baby Surprise!

babysurprise01.jpg

6 months later.

babysurprise04.jpg

And after 7 months, shortly before I lost her.

normal_babysurprise05.jpg

Hmm, does this include fry? :D

Most certainly! The difference between an egg and a 6 month old adult would be something we'd all like to see! :)

Here's my female black moor Bob...

This is Bob on 09/03/02 right after I bought her. Her body was 5/8" long

Bob1.jpg

This is Bob on 11/22/05. She is now just under 9" from nose to end of tail. Excuse the torn fins... She had spawned just before this picture was taken

Bob3.jpg

• Like 1

But I have these fun pics of Angus and McFish! The first pic is from June, I'd just bought them and were going to put them in the pond!

Bild439.jpg

These are from September when we took them inside, the same bucket!

They had grown and developed a lot!

Bild738.jpg

Only 3 mths but big difference!

My goldfish aren't really old enough to be worth posting, they haven't grown that much since I got them. Does it have to be goldfish though?

It would be awesome if this is pinned, and btw it's also nice to expand on the grooming methods you guys used. :rolleyes:

Here's my female black moor Bob...

This is Bob on 09/03/02 right after I bought her. Her body was 5/8" long

Bob1.jpg

This is Bob on 11/22/05. She is now just under 9" from nose to end of tail. Excuse the torn fins... She had spawned just before this picture was taken

Bob3.jpg

526076[/snapback]

Bak,your Moor is beautiful! My biggest one,"Mambo" is about 6-7 inches I guess.She was in real bad shape when I got her,and does not seem to be growing anymore. :(

Arweiger,Baby Surprise was a real Beauty.It is a real shame that you lost her so young.

Anette,there you go with those cute little fry again. :lol: I never grow tired from looking at Goldies,

Nice to see this thread up & running! I'll post my fishies as soon as I got new piccies ;)

I'm not sure whether Willy counted as a fry when I got him, but here goes:

Photo from the first week after purchase sometime a year ago I think:

b0329107.jpg

Photo taken this afternoon:

w8.jpg

I think it's interesting that his tail has actually tucked from fairly flat to around 45 degrees over time...seems kind of backwards but then again I didn't expect to see such a big wen either.

:lol: Willy has grown huge,and looks really great! :D

Guest squeeker

Woohoo, before and after!

My first fish, Cleo, has been with me since May 2004. She first lived in a bowl :ignore but I soon remedied that after finding this site. Here she is in July of 2004.

Cleo.jpg

Tux, Barbosa, and Gus were babies of Mr. and Mrs. Chubby (RIP), born and raised by myself and the staff in the LFS where I used to work. Barbosa and Gus came home with me in August 2004, and Tux went home with another girl, but came home with me shortly after as she had to move.

Here's Tux that August:

Tux.jpg

And here are Barbosa (background) and Gus (foreground):

Gusandbarbosa.jpg

Here's a group shot of Tux (bottom), Barbosa (top), Gus (left), and Cleo in January 2005, when they all lived in a 10 gallon tank:

GroupShot.jpg

And here they are now! They've been in a 77 gallon since February 2005. Gus has a deformed gill flap (it's flared outwards), and Barbosa has a deformed mouth. He also has a much shorter tail than he used to due to an injury he sustained while being rescued from his Dad's mouth... I still can't believe he survived that! They are fed two different homemade gel food recipes; various frozen, flake, and pellet foods; the occasional sinking pellet; and their favourite treat: duckweed! Cleo, Tux, and another fish will be moving outside to a 150 gallon pond this summer, leaving Barbosa, Gus, and two other fish in the 77. I expect to see some major growth!

Cleonow.jpg

GusBarbosaandTux.jpg

GusandCleo.jpg

I'm not sure whether Willy counted as a fry when I got him, but here goes:

Photo from the first week after purchase sometime a year ago I think:

b0329107.jpg

Photo taken this afternoon:

w8.jpg

I think it's interesting that his tail has actually tucked from fairly flat to around 45 degrees over time...seems kind of backwards but then again I didn't expect to see such a big wen either.

526242[/snapback]

that's so intriging, what's your grooming method if you don't mind :lol:

Guest squeeker

WOW did your orandas ever change!!! Amazing!

br553, how far apart are those before and after pics? They all grew so well!

Very nice fish everybody.

Here's another of mine. This is Marley, he's my first goldfish. I got Marley when a very good friend of mine became very sick and she asked me if I'd take her goldfish and care for him... Learning to care for him brought me to Koko's and started my OGD. He lived the first four months of his life in a one gallon bowl, so he never grew to his full potential, but I still like him.

Marley on 9/03/02

Marley-l.jpg

Marley 11/22/05

Marley-3.jpg

Marley.jpg

WOW! All these pics are great - congrats to all of you on your gorgeous babies!

Whoa! Nice goosehead oranda!! What did u feed him to get the wen like that, Bak2it??

br553, how far apart are those before and after pics? They all grew so well!

526342[/snapback]

They are about a year to year and a half apart. Ed's pic is about 2 years and Fred Jr's is 7 months. Ed is was one of those tiny feeder fish that I bought along with 5 others 3 years ago to get my tank cycled. I still have 3 of them left.

Here's 2 more pictures just to give perspective to how much Fuzzy, Ariel, Beavis, and Butthead have all grown

The first pic

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br553/newhome.jpg

Ariel is the tiny orange fish near Ed and the headstanding oranda Bob. Fuzzy is the one farthest to the right. Beavis and Butthead are the 2 small graygreen colored fish near the center of the tank.

and here they are from late last year

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br553/big.jpg

okies, heres my baby... one of my oranda... i got him a yr and a half ago,

casper before: he was origionally black and red

casperandgeorge.jpg

one 'in-between' pic:

casper.jpg

a couple taken about a minute ago:

acasper.jpg

acasper2.jpg

he has now reached nearly 8" :o amazing considering when i got him he was in a 12g tank with 6 other goldies :o i know, i know...

edit: forgot to add pics.... duh! im an idiot

Edited by tinkerbell

Whoa! Nice goosehead oranda!! What did u feed him to get the wen like that, Bak2it??

526428[/snapback]

All my fish have been fed ProGold and lots of fresh vegetables

Casper has sure turned out to be a nice fish Tinkerbell.

WOWZER'S!

It'd take me forever and a day to compliment each and everyone of you....

These are fantastic pic's! Everyone's fish has grown so nicely. :exactly

This thread is GREAT! I'm thinking Sticky perhaps?? :yeah: