Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JenW

Pics Of My Fry

Well there's nothing much to do around here today :D so I thought I'd take some pics of my fry. I transferred them inside since the currawongs were starting to hang around their outdoor tub and the water is still fairly green but I tried to get some clear shots (and failed dismally) :D

They really are growing fast except one - who is still really small for some reason :)

frynow.jpg

frynew1.jpg

frynew2.jpg

frynew3.jpg

Really cute! :heart How many are they?

Thanks Anette :D Well, there's 4 but 3 are the same size and one still only looks a couple of weeks old. I think 3 may be the offspring of my large male fantail and one the offspring of my male moor - the larger ones have a different bodyshape to the smaller one. Ah well, it'll be interesting to see how they grow :D

My six fry are all different in size and bodyshape, I also suspect they have different fathers, the ones with long tail are comet fry, I think! But yes, it's so exciting to see how they grow! :D

They are real cuties Jen, I wonder what colour they wil be?

Thanks Annette :D I can't wait to see their colour start to change because I too wonder what colour they'll end up :D Their mother was a tiny little blackmoor when I got her and she's now a fist sized orange fantail - no black left whatsoever :D

:D They are looking so fat and healthy.I'm really hoping that one turns out to be a Moor. :heart I've never known anyone to breed Moor's. :lol:

I thought I saw a telescope eye somewhere in there!! :happydance Cute little buggers, aren't they? :heart How old are they now, Jen?

I think they may all be telescopes as the mother is one and so too the possible fathers :D They're about 2-2.5 months old now. The first one i found in the tub on the 19th Feb and then the other 3 came a week after that :D

I also hope one ot 2 of them turn out to be blackmoors :D

Now they're 2.5 months old and growing more each day. I couldn't resist taking a couple more pics :D and here they are as of today:

0606067.jpg

0606066.jpg

And this one is a really blurry pic of my baby moor (i think he's a moor) :D

babymoor1.jpg

:D Don't you just love watching them grow? It seems to just happen overnight while we are sleeping. :lol:

Last night,I was feeding everyone frozen Bloodworms and decide to throw a few in for "Won Ton" (my baby)

Anyway as I dropped them in I caught myself thinking that he may be too young,and that Bloodworm looked awful big---just as he slurped it in like Spaghetti! :rofl He's such a little "Hoover" :lol:

:rofl Won Ton :rofl That's priceless! And your young one does look like a little Won Ton :D I'm waiting for my local to get in some Hikari bloodworm especially after that bacterial outbreak that killed a couple of my fish. I Can't wait to see how they react to them.

They really do grow fast - well all except Shortass (my pipsqueak moor), but i'm hoping he blossoms one of these days :D

:ignore:rofl Our poor fish!!!! How we stick them with these god awful names! :rofl

Oh I can just see your little ones getting their first bite of Bloodworm! They'll hit it like a Shark nails a bite of food. Won grabbed that bloodworm and shook his head the same way. :rofl !

:rofl Thankfully they can't hear or I think they'd be pretty peeved with the inventive names we come up with. I think in the majority mine would be ok..... all except Headbutt, Fatchops and now Shortass :rofl

:rofl

You know,I must have been fast asleep this morning.I didn't realize how much color was starting to show up in your babies.Sweet!!

Yeah, my telescopes are getting a deeper gold colour to them and are looking cool :D

One looks like he has a GT stripe of darker orange to light gold - it looks kinda weird :blink:

:lol: Hey Girlie,it's been a few weeks,so let's see an update. I wanna see Shorta**! :lol:

Yes, fresh pics please! :D

Oooooh - ok then. I'll upload the ones I just took and pick a couple of ok ones :D

I just took some (pretty blurry) pics of them now. Anyhow here's Shortass who is now nearly all black :rockon but still real small

TP4.jpg

TP8.jpg

And here's some of my other 3

TP2.jpg

TP1.jpg

TP3.jpg

TP6.jpg

Now these 3 are growing real fast :D

Oh, they look great! Shortass is ssooo cuuuuuuuute! But he doesn't have a short ###### has he? :rofl Well he has a long tail anyway! :D Love fry! :heart

Jen, they are so pretty and they all seemed to have grown heaps in that short period of time.

Thanks guys :D The real interesting thing is while one was my lone fry in the tub, the other 2 and my baby moor were out of the second batch. I think growth really is a genetic thing because the parents of the bigger 3 are quite large while the father of Shortass is still quite a little moor (compared to the other father) - and his growth is reflected by this (I think) :D

But the most telling difference is even though the other 3 are much larger - they are still that fry gold colour while SA is nearly all black. So it's interesting to watch them grow.

And no Anette - he's just short all over :lol:

:rofl The pics are too cute!