Sign in to follow this  
x-Lucy-Fish-x

Pond Building

Guest hayden014

really nice pond well docmented

Edited by hayden014

Thanks guys :D

Trinket, I've been calling him Mr. Jeremy Ribbit :lol:

Alice, d'ya think they reserve him for 4 months!? I might have to pay his rent :lol:

well, i'll give it a go... the manager is my ex-boyf, so he'll do me a favour :D

lol :lol: cheers :D ..what does he look like then? (the fish not the ex :rofl )

Edit: I'm looking for lots of black in the tail 'n' stuff like this one http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...64/f635f4a0.jpg :heart

Edited by x-Lucy-Fish-x

OMG! Lucy you must have read my mind! i was going to post that pic up (from bristol aquarists right?) and say he looked a bit like that!! :lol: wow... thats weird!

:blink: wow thats great! :D

(from bristol aquarists right?)

I just did a goOgle search :)

:bighug You're great, thankyou!

oo, and before i forget, choccies on the way... posted it this morn :D

:bighug .. aw and another one, you're the best!

What a gorgeous pond you got there, Lucy!! :heart I just adore it, especially how its all integrated in the garden. I'd do nothing else but sit there and enjoy the view.

And you'll be a happy camper with some bristols, those are wonderful fish. How about shoving some in an water tight envelope and send them my way? :rofl2

:lol: Thanks Andrea, I can just imagine an envelop flipping its way across the door mat!

The pond is lovely Lucy!! Im jealous! :heart

Thanks Erin :)

Edited by x-Lucy-Fish-x

Hey Lucy, ive only just seen this post ive just read it from the start and wowee it looks amazing!! My mums letting me do a pond just like yours (finally) and im defo gonna have to show her these pictures!!

When do you think you will be getting some fish to put in there?

Any tips on pond making would be good aswel :D thanks

xxx

Thanks Tanya :D

I'll be getting the Wakin quite soon, within the next few weeks i hope (i just need a chance to get up to the shop they have them, its quite far).. and Alice has reserved the Bristol Shub for me so he/she will be coming down in october :lol: yay!

The Wakin will have some temporary buddies in that time though, as long as the (theres a thread called 'natural pond' on here) fish/pond rescue goes ahead!

How big's yours gonna be?

I'd advise to not go cheap on the liner, get one of the thick rubber butyl thingys, PVC leaks! :D

cool sounds good. ermmm im not sure how big its going to be, not huge. Just a corner one in my garden. Hopefully the bunnys wont go for a swim lol.

Look at this thing!!

pond094.jpg

We just found it swimming about.. it has a massive sucking mouth type thing at one end (which somehow resembles the back end of a cat) and an airhole tube type thing at the other.. it has lots of little caterpillar type feet things and it looks like a swimming maggot.

Any idea what it is?

I think maybe its what has been eating my lilly leaves.. I was right! There's a horribe lilly eating creature at the bottom of my pond! :lol: I'm guessing there are more of these guys in there?

..i'm getting the heeby jeebies looking at him :unsure:

pond098.jpg

I might keep him and see what he turns into, like a fly or something..

Anyhow.. since I last posted I have seen my first damsel fly..

pond090.jpg

Since then I've seen lots more, including blue ones and a massive dragon fly :D

We also have a second frog, a lot smaller than the first, so i'm guessing the first is female and second male.. I think they are planning a family for next spring! I would have a pic of him but he swam off as I stood up to go get the camera.

:lol:

Edit: spelling.

Edited by x-Lucy-Fish-x

I once found a Mayfly larvae in my little pond. Kinda spooky looking thing.

Mayfly's are cool :D (like the new avatar by the way :lol: )

Mum suggested I put some guppies in there while a wait to get the goldfish.. but I said I didnt have any guppies.. but I do have a shoal of zebra danios that need a new home, so the pond is now home to 18 danios for a while :lol: They were quite pleased to be moved from 6 gallons of water to 180 :D They are shoaling around happily, they should keep my filter bacteria reasonably alive, since theres, ermm.. 1 per 9 gallons I think.. :)

Guest jamoko

wot a strange wee creature :lol:

i've had something nibbling on my arum lily but my water liley is fine!

would love to see some pics of your danios in the pond!!!!

i'll try and get some pics of them, the swim so fast in there.. and the water is still brown. :D

One isnt looking too good, shes (the mum of all of them) has just been getting thinner and thinner, now she wont eat, shes looking awful this morning.. might have to say buh-bye to her today :(