Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest throttlethumb

Hello From New Jersey

Guest throttlethumb

Hello,

I thought it was time I introduced myself after a week or so of lurking. I have been in and out of the aquarium hobby my whole life starting with a 10 gal community and ending up with a 90 gal with a green terror. Through the time I got good and bad advice from the lfs' in my area so I still consider myself an amatuer. I got out of it in the mid 90s and jumped back in for my son (6 yrs old). We have a 30 gal breeder from perfecto that houses 2- 2inch fan tail goldfish. I figured they would be a great starting point for my son. The tank cycled rather nicely with the help of BIO SPIRA. Something that wasnt around when I was first in the hobby. The tank is gravel with about 15 fake plants, an aqua clear 50 filter, a marineland heater (I come to find out that the tank really didnt need it) and a whisper air pump. I have enjoyed watching and caring for the fish along with help from my son and girlfriend. I have read many great posts here and would like to thank everybody for their advice. Now back to reading. :D

P1010254.jpg

P1010256.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010258.jpg

Edited by throttlethumb

:welcome , glad you found us! You will find alot of wonderful info here and alot of people that can help you out when you run into problems! :exactly

Your tank looks wonderful! :heart

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Yo-Ho throttlethumb, :welcome

What a nice tank u have there! and only 2 fish in there! They must feel they're in heaven! :lol:

That is a beautiful tank! the decorations and the fact that your not over-stocked puts my tanks to shame lol

Very nice tank! Your two little guys will grow big and beautiful in their home :)

Welcome, Welcome! :D So glad you found us. You'll find TONS of wonderful info. around here. :exactly

Your tank looks wonderful, Nice set-up :heart

Guest Shubunkin Queen

Welcome to the forum. I love the little fantails.

Welcome neighbor!! :D

Beautiful tank and babies. :)

Welcone! Your fantails look cute cute cute!!! Post some more pics of them :)

Saivite

You have a beautiful set-up. With only two fantails in there they should be able to spend most of their live if not all in there.

Welcome and I love your tank! What type of rocks do you have in there? I would love to find some like that for mine.

Your tank looks so nicely balanced with the decorations. It's really relaxing to look at it. The fishes must luv it in there!

ooo I love your tank! It is very relaxing to look at like Amy said! Is that 30 gallons or 90, I got a little confused? I love your background. :lol:

Guest throttlethumb

Thanks for all of the compliments. I always liked a natural setting. The only thing I may do is change the background to black. The rock background looks too busy and there is one rock on it the is erie. It looks like a chopped off baby seal head with the eyes closed and such and ever since I noticed it, My eye always goes to it and distracts me from the tank. Right after we bought the tank, My gf (girlfriend not to be confused with goldfish...LOL) has a friensd that said I cold have had his 55 gallon setup with stand, cannister filters, heaters etc etc etc. As the saying goes... a day late and a dollar short.

Dreamgoddess, I dont remember the exact brand the rocks are but I am going back to the LFS and will make it a point to find out what I bought for you

Gumbo, The tank is a 30 gallon. I said it was a breeder but was wrong. It is a standard 30 gallon. The 90 gallon was about a decade ago. It housed 1 green terror about 7 inches long.

Saivite, I will post more as I get them. My camera is very old and gets finicky at times.

:) Great to meet you and your fish,the tank looks wonderful. :)

:heart Fantails :heart

Cute little fish! Your tank looks soooo big I was surprised when you said it was 30 gallons. It looks much bigger to me. Lucky fish!

Oh and Welcome! :)

Hey there ThrottleThumb! colored.gif Welcome to Koko's! colored.gif I love your tank! yes.gif I love your gravel too, and it's perfect for goldies. I think a black background would look awesome and really set the fish and decorations off. You could add some black river rock too. See ya around! mayi.gif