Sorsha

A Diary Of Raising Fry W/ Photos!

132 posts in this topic

can i see more pics!!! there so tinee weniie

May I urge the mods to sticky this? :lol: Great thread with clear, well-taken pics. Sorsha's effort must be rewarded somehow :D

A great thread. Thanks for all the effort Sorsha. It's not a long thread at all when it's so fascinating and informative! In fact, I'm going to bookmark it so I can re-read it over and over! :)

Thanks guys! I hope the mods do sticky it so its easy for everyone to find!

Guest yabbie

It must've taken ages to get all those shots. Thanks for your generosity in sharing them.

I know when I raised my first batch of goldfish fry I was always scouring the net for photos of what they'd look like the next week and at almost 1 year old they are still changing. My large bronze has just gone black on top and orange underneath proving that he too is part shibunkin. I just love the mutleys and crosses, you never know what you're going to get!

Im glad i could help! Ill have new photos up very soon im sure. I am already seeing patterns showing and I have also noticed one very tiny runt of the group!

Day 17

I went ahead and took photos today to show that some of the fry are very white, and others are relatively a greenish hue. In my previous fry this green color turned into a coppery gold color.

day17.jpg

In this photo you can see the one without the tail is still doing well.

day17_1.jpg

This little guy is happily picking off algae from the plants and you can see just how small they are compared to the leaves of the anacharis!

The lighter coloured ones are gonna be calicos, I reckon. Any of the parents a calico?

Yeaps, the mom is an orange calico fantail :)

Ah! The one in your siggy?

I agree, This is a wonderfully done thread! I am with Riz on this...We should have the Mod's sticky it for future ref. Very well done Sorsha! :) Everything is so well explained and the pic's are absouletly wonderful.

You must of spent quite a bit of time putting this all toghther, It deserve's a big ol round of applause!!!! WAY TO GO HUN! :Jig::clapping:

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. It was a very intresting read, As well as educating also. :heart

Aww thanks Della!!!!!!

D_golem: you got it right, the ones in my sigs are the happy parents!

I simply cannot get over how excellent your pics are!! Thank you so much for sharing! And please keep the pics coming! :heart

Thanks it is good to see some clear pics. My babies are now three months old and i was getting worried as i have noticed someof them getting black on their fins and parts of their body but you have mentioned the same so i feel better now. I had 300 babies but had to cull a lot of them and i am now left with 21 of which i am insanely keeping. I didnt have a great deal of deformities, i mainly had ones that didnt want to grow. I have also found a really good pic of fertile eggs that a university took and it is really clear. I will post it once i upload it to photobucket. It is amazing how much detail you can see. Karen.

The babies are still doing VERY well, and getting quite fat, I took a quick shot of them today.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone btw. :D

As you can see some are going to look a coppery colour. The others are turning into calicos with touches of yellow and black :D

IMG_2730_1.jpg

Unbeliavebly cute! Looks like my fry but fatter! :D

That may very well be THE most interesting post I have read. Very well written & documented! Congrats to you!

I hope I can still be lucky enough to get four of those little beauties!! :exactly

I have enjoyed seeing them develop into cute little fishies! When I get mine I am going to print this post and paste it into my notebook then I am going to totaly keep their growth documented throughout their life! Won't that be neat!!

I CANNOT WAIT!! :krazy:

I have enjoyed seeing them develop into cute little fishies!  When I get mine I am going to print this post and paste it into my notebook then I am going to totaly keep their growth documented throughout their life!  Won't that be neat!! 

483258[/snapback]

That's a great idea, Jeana! I might do that too!

How are the babies doing now, fantailfan?

What a wonderful thread. It is very obvious how much time and effort went into this. You did a fantastic job! Bravo!

:hi5:clapping::interesting:

I thought this was the most interesting post I have read. I loved the pictures. Those babies are too cute!

EDIT---Spelling

Edited by Kimma

Thank you Kimma! If you are going to be in Jax anytime soon and would like some of them, just let me know!

Edited by Sorsha

:D What a great shot you got in that pic above, those little guys are fast growing,and so cute. :D

Hello ALL!

I thought it was time for another photo update :)

This is Percy, He is my little miracle baby from my first brood.

He is now 4 months old.

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

These are the fry from my second brood:

They are now 44 days old.

day44.jpg

44-2.jpg

44-4.jpg

44-3.jpg

Sorsha OMG OMG OMG OMG they're so cool!! They're developing very nicely indeed!! What a good mix of colurs also!

Thanks d_ olem!!!

I do LOVE the colours that they are right now. Alot of my 44 day old fry seem to be the same colour as Percy but some have what looks like red tails. VERY interesting.

I love this lemony colour they are now. :) its just so vibrant! and i adore yellow.

Here are some more shots of the 44 day old fry, hopefully these will be clearer, they are REALLY big so you guys can see the detail :D .

IMG_3030.jpg

5545eaaf.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

Edited by Sorsha