Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
toothless

Help Give Me A Name!

the fishy pic reminds me of stawberry shortcake mmmmmmmm...

Petey is a great name for a goldfish! I love it! He's quite a looker that Petey! :yeah:

Petey is the best name for the right reasons. I LOVE PETEY! Spud and Petey are going to be best friends for sure.

I'm sure Daryl is honoured.

MOst decidedly. :D:heart

That fish is adorable!!!!!! Cant tell from the photo, but I thought it was a fantail or a ryukin because I didnt see any wen at all. Does he have one? Cant wait for a side shot!!!!! I have never been lucky enough to find a fish with that sort of coloration. Hopefully I will find a telescope like that one day....

Congrats on the :newfish !!

Spud and Petey will have lots of fun together. (That is, if Petey ever gets out of quarantine!! Parasites, beware--toothless does NOT mess around. ;) )

More pics please? How about some pics of Spud too? :heart

Too cute Paul! :) Petey is a cute name.

I was gonna say Mackenize....Ya know like Spud Mackenize the beer dog...... :lol: I know, I know....Not very orginal..Just sounded funny to me for some reason. :rolleyes:

Petey has a good ring to it. Congrat's..YAY for Spud man too! He's got a tank mate. :)

Well, Petey it is! :D

He's been doing VERY well. Eats like a pig and has all the energy that a young fish should have. Since hes only 2 1/2 inches max, I've been keeping him in a 5 gallon tank. At first, I was doing very large, daily waterchanges to keep ammonia low to nil. After a while, I went and got some bio-spira and cycled his tank. The nitrItes never got above 0.75ppm and it cycled within a week. Hes been in 0.3% salt for a while and its now being reduced.

I've begun scoping his tank again and have yet to find anything classified as a "baddie". Just Lots of rotifers, amoebas and vorticella. If I scope once a day for the next week and find nothing bad, he and Spud will be joining each other in a 20 gallon long and within a month, I break out the 30 gallon for them. Gotta take cycling and all in stages because I don't want to allow any possible spike to go too high..... ;)

So, Spud and Petey might be together as early as next week! Its been a loooooong time since Spud has had any tankmates (since he was a fry back home with Erika). I wonder how he's going to take it? :o:lol:

Here's a new pic I got of Petey. Its hard to get him sitting still.....

petey.jpg

So, Spud and Petey might be together as early as next week! Its been a loooooong time since Spud has had any tankmates (since he was a fry back home with Erika). I wonder how he's going to take it?  :o   :lol:

474416[/snapback]

Spud will probably say "PAUL! I LOVE YOUUU!!"

Petey adooorable!!

He's a real cutie Paul!! :heart

How big is Spud now?

Hope they get along splendidly!

Spud is almost 6 full inches long. His body is only 3 1/2 inches long but he's quite round so he grows out as much as he does long.... :lol: Petey is about 2 and 1/2 inches long and his body is a little over an inch. A little bit of a size diff, but nobody can fit in anyone else's mouth. :rofl

So far, so good. No chilo found on Spud and no nasties found in Petey's tank. Wich surprises the heck outta me since he came from a tank full of ranchus and orandas with tail-rot, clamped fins and even a dead one! Out of all the fish in the tank, Petey was the smallest, best looking and the livliest of them all. I stared into the tank for a full 5 minutes before I realized he was even in there. When I saw him, I knew right then that he was coming home with me. :heart

I'm still a VERY paranoid fishkeeper so I am NOT putting them together until I know for sure everyone has a clean bill of health! :exactly

Can't blame you for being cautious there Paul if Petey (who is a darling btw :heart ) came out of a tank like that :ignore

I can't wait to see Spud and Petey together...so please be sure to post pics when you move him :D

Isn't it amazing how one fish will "speak" to you out of a tank full of fish? I love that when I find that special (to me) fish!

I am looking forward to the day that Petey and Spud take up residence together :lol:

Guest ruthie86

im just thinkin about strawberries, strawberries a cute name, Spud and strawberry hm i like it. FIsh are addictive arent ya it dont matter how many ya got your always buying more tanks, more fish and more things for there tank. Dumpling, Saxon, AMelios. THe list is endless

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too! Heck, I've been doing daily waterchanges in his tank for the last 6 months or more! You know, battling Chilodonella for what seemed like years! Can you imagine how much Prime I've gone throught if I double dose to keep stray ammonia at bay??? Ahem.... lets just say that Seachem likes me very much...... :lol:

I know I said Petey had a clean bill of health and I would be putting Spud with him shortly, but I AM a very paranoid fishkeeper now, aren't I? :o:lol: So I Quarentined Petey for an extra few weeks, whose counting? :lol:

Well, after scoping many dozens of times since I got Petey, I never found any nasties. No chilo, no flukes, not tetra, no nothing that I can classify as bad. Sooooo, tomorrow, after work, I am going to scope ONE LAST TIME, perform a nice big waterchange, and acclimate Spud to the chemistry in Petey's tank. Then I'll finally have Spud chilo free and swimming around in a cycled tank with a parasite-free tankmate.

I'll definitely take some pics and post tham tomorrow evening......

Yea Spud is moving in! I know you've been through alot to get back at this point Paul so try not to get too paranoid and enjoy your hard work and accomplishment. I can't wait to see the pics! :D

Guest Comito

I have a name. How about Finnichan? Or GOldsan? I know, they're lame anime names, but go for it anyways.

Nice looking oranda there! it's gonna grown into a real beauty! :D:heart