Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JenW

Poor Wilbur - Neighbours Were About To Flush Him

A few days ago I was up the front of my house bringin in the ol bins when one of my neighbours waved at me from across the street. I yelled out "Howz it going?" so he came over for a chat. Seems he kept goldies but lost a few from basic disinterest/neglect/lack of knowledge and was about to flush his last one down the loo. I asked if it was dead and he said no - but almost... then said it was pointless prolonging its agony which is why he was going to flush it.

I asked if he'd mind whether I could take a look - and that's when I met Wilbur. He was flipped on his back, floating on the surface of the small tank - which was in a bad way. The water was fairly unkempt etc... So I asked if he'd mind whether I took him? So home he came :D

There's really nothing like good water to revive an ailing fish and I wasn't sure what state he would be in but he's doing so well :D

Anyhow, I thought I'd share some pics of this beautiful little guy :heart

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0072.jpg

DSCN0076.jpg

wilbur.jpg

what a sweet little guy!!!! how could someone want to flush him....... bless his little fins!!!!

good for you jen...... make sure you tell your neighbour how well he is now :)

good on ya :D

Thanks loz :D

I was thinking I'd keep it from him incase he wants Wilbur back... Well if he asks, i suppose i'll tell him :D

What a little cutie, good of you to save him!

I cant believe he was going to flush the poor little guy. Just as well he saw you first. Well done for being in the right place at the right time for Wilbur.

He is cute isnt he? :heart

Poor lil' fishie. He's so adorable that I can't imagine flushing down a fish as beautiful as him.

Jen what a precious little blue oranda!!! And they were going to flush him............how terrible.

I am glad he is with you now, such a cutie he is!!!

Aww he's got that cute little shy face! I'm glad you saved him Jen. I think Wilbur is happy about that too :)

poor little Wilbur, i'm glad you were able to save him. he's a beauitful little fish and i'm sure he is so much happeir to be with you. :)

:o How do people just "flush" their fish?? Wilbur has the cutest face jen! Quite adorable,he is!!!I love his markings. How big is Wilbur?His face looks so scared and unsure.....I can't wait to see him smiling! :heart Thank god you were there when you were-hopefully Wilbur blooms overnite from all he deserves. :exactly

awww poor guy! i agree with devs his face does look scared and unsure. but hes got a great home with you :heart:) good luck with him

What a sweeheart!

Good for you, Jen!

:heart

He is adorable!! Hes lucky that you came along just in time to save him!!

Thanks guys - he really is the cutest :heart

Sharon, he's about 5 inches in size (including tail) so he's not tiny. He's also still really scared - poor little thing although he's just started eating which is a real relief :D

I think the reason he was floating was too much unsoaked flake food - and all after a period of not eating (the family that had him had been away on holiday)... so he's been eating some gel food and the floating has reduced a bit :D

I'll take more pics of him when he's smiling :D

congrats jen on the helper mod thingy :D

what a beautiful black oranda :) thinkin about getting one of those...

Gosh, Jen...he is so gorgeous. :heart To imagine someone getting ready to flush him. You got lucky and so did little Wilbur!

Awww, he's adorable! It was good of you to save him. And congratulations on a happy new addition to your tank! :D

Congrats to you too sandy :D

And fondoo - he's a good lookin little guy. He's a blue oranda and has some wonderful gold markings... I don't think you can go wrong with a lovely little guy like this :D

He reminds me a lot of Barb's little Blue who passed away... :heart

Honestly Tru - I still can't believe it. The flushing is bad enough but while still alive? Makes me shudder just thinking about it :crp I guess things really do happen for a reason :D

Guest GF_Indiana

Beautiful fish. I am glad you were able to save him.

GF

:heart Wilber!!! :heart

He is sooooo adorable. I dont know how anyone could just flush such a perfectly beautiful and adorable little blue oranda.

Thanks guys :D and I gotta say - I just love this little fella :heart