Sign in to follow this  
gialeigh

Who Got A New Goldfish For X-mas!

Who got a new goldie, huh?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who got a new goldie, huh?

• I did!
    • Nope.

wow. A lot of people got new goldfish! Im looking for another one soon...either a lemonhead oranda, a white, orange, or white/orange telescope, or a pearlscale! graaaa...and they are all so hard to find here

I got a new betta and today found him dead when I went to feed him. And I just named him not too long ago.

Attached thumbnail(s)

Aw. :cry1 That is so sad. I have NEVER seen a healthy betta before. Everywhere I go they are in teeny cups (which I guess is neccessary) and they are so cramped their head and tail touches the front and back of the cup. I have only bought 2 bettas and they died a few days after I got them. I, personally, would not keep a betta in a bowl. He would at LEAST have his own 1 gallon, but preferably his own 5 gallon. I dont think 1 gallon seems like enough for any fish to be happy. But then again, I dont know much about bettas so many I should :ignore LOL

453538[/snapback]

Tiny cups is quite the opposite from neccessary. No fish does good in a bowl that small. The bettas in pet shops are kept in tiny bowls because they're about to be sold in a few days or so. And that is probably what people gets confused about, as bettas too need more space than that to keep healthy. Why the employees never tell the customers about that I don't really understand..

They probably dont know.

I wondered about new fish brining in ich/ick. Every time a new fish comes something gets upset, the tank, the fish I was wondering if it isn't as much the water that we let in with the bag that the new fish is in. I mean one fish in our clean, cycled robust tanks surely can get better quick but a whole bag of scummy water form a bad tank in the shop might contain millions of problems. I got a new pearlscale for xmas and held the bag for 3 mins letting in my tank water but not letting out the shop tank water and then scooped my new fish quickly out and dumped the bag of potential poison. I've lost too many beauties in the past and hope this will work better. :newfish

Guest Leo72

i didn't get new fish for xmas, but i got to come home and see leo. im in college and we can't have pets in the dorm.