Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Disappointing Fish Selection

I looked at fish for the first time in forever today.

Wow what a downer =o(

I want big fish, big beautiful fish, like Woogie and Whitie, two of my old fish.

All the stores around here have little fish. Their JUMBO fish are like 3" 3.5" at most :blink: They are not very striking either. I like big fins, and most have small or mediocre finnage.

And the funniest part, these little fish are 20 bucks! There was this one Ryukin, it was calico and had ok fins, it looked very much like my fish Lovely. Only Lovely is much bigger (I got her as a baby and she is big and fat now) and Lovely has long gorgeous fins. And they wanted $20 for that midget LOL.

I remember 3 or 4 years ago, paying 15.99 for a 1/2" lionhead. Isn't that insane? I think it is.

I am just going to forget the petstore fish. I'll get a crow bar, pry my wallet open with it and buy a fish from The Fish Sempei. I'm going to call Andrew right after the holidays are over. PS He has a lionhead there, that is identical to mine except his has more wen growth. Same body shape though, same tail tuck, maybe I'm growing and eye for fish. At least I picked one "winner" out of all those fish I've bought over the years :rofl I"ll post pictures when I get a new fish, I want a Ryukin, but with a long tail, and I think I want a red and white one, or a white one. I don't have any red and white fish.

Jessica

I guess i'm one of the few people that find it rewarding to buy 1-2" goldfishes and raising them to big goldies :D

Yeah, stores around my place don't always carry the best selection, although I agree with Amy; I like raising the little ones.

Wow, the store sounds expensive. $16 for such a small lionhead seems a little unreasonable.

Good luck getting your new fish from Fish Sempei! Hope you find the one your searching for, and that they arrive safely. I would love to see pictures when you get one.

:D I prefer the little guys also,but every once in a while I get the urge for something really big..... :yeah: I don't get to the Pet Stores very often,and when I do it always seems to be when everyones low on fish. :( I see all these people getting these huge fish from vvvv,and I go and they're 2 inches big...Go figure! :krazy:

At Red Sea Aquarium you can get one 6 in. goldfish for $9. They have them in a small tub, i wish i had enough room for one of them. :)

But i still like raising small fish, because it makes me feel proud that i raised them. :D

yeah. I like the little ones too. It seems like mine are growing so slooooowwwllyyy. Im going to have to get them a better food.

I like picking out cute little fish and watching them grow into big fish. I have recently purchased a little Lionhead & a little Oranda (under $5 each) I hope to watch them grow into big ole fish!! :exactly

I go into stores expecting a bad selection of any type of fish. This way, I am not disappointed and get very excited when I see something I like :krazy::D