Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jen626

Is This A Good Deal?

I just saw this on an auction site, what do you all think? I am not familiar with the filter brands and stuff-( is a powerhead part of an air pump system or a filter? I am totally new to this!). Sorry about the caps, I copied and pasted it and that was how it was written. I don't know if I am allowed to link to an auction site or not, there are pictures also. Thanks for any advice! I am getting a 55 gallon for my overcrowded commons and looking for the best deal I can get. :-)

THE ITEM UP FOR AUCTION IS A 55 GALLON FISH TANK, OAK FISH TANK CABINET AND OAK HOOD WITH EXTRA'S.

THIS TANK HAS BEEN TESTED AND HAS NO LEAKS. AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURES THIS HAS NOT ONLY THE STAND BUT ALSO HAS A OAK LIGHTED HOOD.

THE TANK MEASURES 48"S LONG X 18"S HIGH 12 3/4" WIDE

THE CABINET MEASURES

50"S LONG X 16 3/4"S WIDE AND 31 3/4"S HIGH.

THE OVER ALL HEIGHT OF THE CABINET AND TANK IS 56 3/4"S HIGH.

WE DO NOT KNOW ALOT ABOUT FISH TANKS SO WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO LIST EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT. IF WE DO NOT KNOW WE WILL NOT LIST IT BUT IF ITS IN THE PICTURE IT COMES WITH IT.

THE STAND IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION WITH JUST A COUPLE OF WATER MARKS WHERE WATER HAS BEEN SPILLED.

55 GALLON TANK

55 GALLON OAK TANK STAND

55 GALLON OAK TANK HOOD WITH DUAL FLORECENT LIGHTS. LIGHTS DO WORK.

PRO FILE 9500 AQUARIUM PUMP.

POWER HEAD 802

ELCTRIC POWER STRIP

LARGE FISH NET

BOX OF FRESH CARE MULTI-TEST. ACCURATE MEASUREMENT OF PH,AMMONIA AND NITRITE.

VISI THERM VTX-200 TANK HEATER.

THERMO 50 WATT AQUARIUM HEATER.

MARINELAND MAGNUM 350 CONVERTIBLE CANISTER FILTER.

AND ALL THE HOSES AND CONNECTORS YOU SEE IN THE PICTURES.

THERE IS ALSO SOME KIND OF LARGE FILTER IN THE CABINET THAT WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT WORKS OR WHAT IT DOES THAT YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURE.

Edited by jen626

Whether or not it's a good deal will depend on the condition of the stuff and the price. Without knowing that it would be difficult to tell if it's a good deal or what it's worth.

Post a link hun :D

Well the filter that he doesnt understand is a wet.dry filter.....I think that is a great deal hun, you got a lot of stuff for a good price hun if the tank doesnt leak :D

Ya, that a good deal. If your close enough it would be best if you could go look at it before bidding. If the stand is made out of real oak (not partical board or plywood) the stand alone is worth $150.00

:D Tank and stand alone would be a bargain!

Thanks guys! It is about an hour drive, but I figure if I could get all that for under $250 that would be pretty good! I would definitely try and look at it first though, I figure even if I have to drive out there twice it would be worth it.

Thanks so much :-)

I agree, that's a great deal and the tank and stand look great too. Good luck with it! Let us know if you get it! :D

Yes if it all works, it's a very good deal =o) Hurry up, I might have to bid!! just kidding ;o) Hope you get it.

Jessica

Guest orandabuhlanda

Looks like a great deal! I've seen that wet dry filter go for about 2-300 dollars at my LFS. Good Luck! :D

The magnum 350 is worth 100 brand new, its got the shut off valves attached, another 10 or so for each of those. The stand set up is around 200 depending on where. Yeah, I'd go for it right now!

The magnum is a great back up filter, I use mine to clean my tanks since its so portable. it should have a gravel cleaning attachment with it. You can parts for it from Dr Foster & Smith, but you won't need those for a long time.... Had mine some 12 -13 years and just replaced the seals this year.

I even run my uv from it,lol!

From what everyone else is saying, id have to agree!!! go for it! :lol:

I'll let you all know! Does anyone know if the amount of filtration provided is enough for a 55 gallon tank? Or do i need to get another filter(s)? I can try and work out the gph myself, but if anyone knows off the top of their head that would be awesome. I am still crossing my fingers to win the Fluval Koko is giving away too! :-)

Don't even ask, just get it! My 55 gallon tank + filter cost me $900 something, and the stand isn't even real wood. :( It was brand new, but still, $900! There's no way I'm gonna find a 55 gallon for a price like that where I live, used or not.

:) The Magnum itself,really isn't enough for a 55 gal.but it really wouldn't take too much more to get another HOB for it.Who knows,you may win the auction cheaper than you think! :lol:

Well with that Wet/dry filter it should have enough filtration with it hun.

Thanks guys, wish me luck! :-) It's up to $255 now though (looks around egilly at people on this site-just kidding) so I don;t know how much I can come up with, not much more!

Edited by jen626

Well with that Wet/dry filter it should have enough filtration with it hun.

451243[/snapback]

:blink: My bad....Somehow I missed that one! :krazy:

Good luck!! You Go Girl!!! :)

Phooey. I don't think I am going to be able to get it. Darn, darn, darn! I reviewed the monthly finances and it isn't looking too good. Stupid bad timing....

Also, I really should try and get a 75 gallon tank, it would not take up much more room and would be a lot better for my fish (2 comets and 2 commons that are HUGE)

I think I can swing a 75 gallon and the filters this month, then I will just have to work on getting a stand and some fancier filters someday, Ill have to start a secret savings account for that maybe. If I get lucky maybe I'll win the Fluval Koko is giving away (haha I never win anything). :rofl

But we'll see, I have a few hours left to come up with some cash!

Edited by jen626

:cry I didn't get it. My fiance and i always agree on larger purchases, and he usually doe not say no to me but he said we didn;t know the condition and that the filter looked dirty. I tried to explain that even if none of the other stuff worked the STAND was what I really wanted. But now he canp;t complain when i get my new tank and it goes in the bedroom on our dresser, lol!

I also spent some money on Christmas presents that i wasn;t supposed to, and if i hadn;t it might've been easier for me to talk him into it. ah well, I should really get a 75 gallon anyway, and I'll keep checking the ad5 and stuff! There hardly ever seems to be anything local on Ebay though...all the aquariums seem to come from illinois or Florida for some odd reason? :-)

Thanks again to everyone for all your advice!

That's too bad..but understandable. And if you are really wanting something larger(your big fish would love the extra room), you really should wait and get it instead of settling for something smaller now, ya know? I never could find a good deal in my area for a good used setup either <_< ....so I got a 75 for my bday one year and hubby built the stand for me. :)

Sorry you didn't get it.

I wouldn't put a 75 gallon aquarium on your dresser. A 75 gallon aquarium filled with water weighs 850 pounds and thats not counting gravel. I hope you can find a good deal on a 75 gallon tank.