Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Guest shappers

Any South Africans Here?

12 posts in this topic

Guest shappers

hi to all the south africans if they are here!! :) (but i live in manchester, UK tho lol)

Hi Shappers my wife is from Durban, praat jy Afrikaans?

Guest shappers

Ja, ek kan a bitjie afrikaans praat, maar ek is engels!! (lol my afrijkaans is not that good - i grew up in cape town)

england eh? but you are a brit tho right? even been to durban with your wife? its an awesome place!

as a fresh south african, i am looking forward to the snow later tonight and tomorrow (but not if i get stranded in snow when i drive to manchester to feed my fish 2moz :( )

lol

totsiens x

:welcome

Welkom! (Ik spreek een beetje Nederlands dus kan ik een beetje Afrikaans begrijpen - maar ik spreek Engels als eerste taal, ook - als jullie)!

I just love South Africa! I am working very hard to go to Capetown one day... I was in Joburg many years ago and was going to take the Blue Train to CTown... but something came up - I can't remember what but it was obviously important to stop me from going to CTown - and I regret it to this day! I think if I would go, I would NOT come back! :teehee I was even going to switch my avater to a pic. of Table Mountain but all the detail go tlost in the size... Guess I better just go there!

I hope you got your first white Chrsitmas!!! :D Did you!?!?!

I hope England treats you and your fish well!

What kind of fish do you have?

DOEI! :)

Edited by Graham

Guest shappers

hey dude,

oh man you must go see Ct - its the best place on the planet (although im slightly biased lol)

i got 2 goldies, a comet and 2 loaches!! what do you have?

we got no snow for xmas - but the UK has now ground to a complete standstill cus we got 5cm snow!! (lol most of europe, asia and north america have to contend with ice and many feet of snow every year - but UK gets 5 cms and...all trains are cancelled - severe weather warnings put out - traffic jams - accidents - shops close - everything grinds to a stand still!! lol its mad here!! i miss south africa!!

oh gotta run - speak soon x

Sean

Yeah i,ve been durban your right it is awesome i could'nt believe how green it was. and i have never eaten so much am very fond of poitjie kos but you can keep your boerewors and biltong :lol:

yes live in england but am Irish :D

For some reason england never copes well with snow but as for cancelled trains & traffic jams england doesnt need snow for that ;)

Guest shappers

hehe padda's pal (Frogs friend) lol

I kept a fahaka puffer and my wife hated it she said it looked like a frog and her aunt came over and called it padda the name stuck :yeah:

Guest Stranger

I know this post is old, but I'm a Joburger living in Durban at the moment?

Anyone else around here in Durbs?

Guest Kybla

Hi! or as we supposedly say.... Howzit!

Just joined because my goldie has all the signs of dropsy :ill !! Looking for info to help her recover- she's such a fighter!

As for Cape Town..... the absolute best! :painting:

I know most of this post is from a while ago, (Christmas to be exact...) but I fell I need to add my two cents. I'm Stellenbosch, Capetonian born and bred though. Nowhere better than the winelands. :D

I'm not South African, but I do speak Dutch. So I understand most of it. ^^

Edited by Nymphae